Bodz: Do You Mind Posting Those

Bodz; Periodically, in response to a question usually from a “newbie”, you’ve posted a sort of “basic” scheme of diet and exercise “the Bodz Way!” Do you mind posting them again? I thought they were pretty cool and a basic way for someone to get started on the right track. THANKS!

BODZ 10 EASY STEPS TO LOSE FAT: #1 eat a low fat diet. #2 Add 3TB of flax oil daily. #3 Add 15 fish oil caps or equivalent (15g) of fish oil from salmon (approx. 4 oz) daily. #4 Get 20-30 grams of fiber daily. #5 drink a gallon or more of pure water daily. #6 Only eat carbs that are rated 50 or less on the glycemic index #7 No alcohol #8 after three weeks, eat a cheat meal every 5-7 days. #9 You can have wine or Vodka in your cheat meal. #10 If you are getting leaner and doing well, you can have a cheat day instead of a cheat meal. I would get 12 calories per pound of total bodyweight, with 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat. Don’t forget to count your 57g of fat from the above added fats. You’ll be getting at least 1 gram of protein per pound in that formula. If you weigh less than 200, your added fats will be higher than 20%, don’t worry, eat them anyway. Good luck.

BODZ STEPS FOR REALLY LAZY FAT ASSES WHO DON'T LIKE WORKING OUT (EX: bringing a fat friend to the gym): #1 First week easy on everything (1-2 sets only, not to failure) except cardio, they dictate the pace. #2 week two pick up the volume (3 sets)#3 week three going to near failure #4 Day one print up a glycemic index of foods. You can eat whatever you want, as long as it is under 50 on the chart. #5 Start off with a diet where you are eating good for every meal but two of your favorites. Eat every 2-3 hours. You will be doing shakes during most of them. I guarantee, that you will start cutting back on not only your portions, but your bad eating within a month. Then, only eat one bad meal per day, with the rest, either a bodybuilder diet or shakes (MRP). Then as soon as you feel better change to one bad meal every other day...until you are at one bad meal a week. In fact if you do good, a whole cheat day once a week. Once you have done this for a couple of months move on to a more disciplined approach in the above ten steps.

STEROIDS AND DIETING: You can do steroids and make up for a bad diet, but eventually, you will be off of them and wonder why you are getting fat. Remember steroids are a useful tool used under the right conditions. But, develop good eating habits first, before adding steroids.

GAINING MUSCLE: Just make your calories 15-18 per pound of bodyweight with the same formulas in the ten steps.

Bodz: With my background of Medicine and Education (teaching residents),it never ceases to amaze me how even young, “bright” people (whatever your own definition of “bright” is!)can be full of so much MIS-information, especially about Health and Fitness. I think that it’s this foundation of MIS-information that gets people off on some of the most BIZARRE tangents you’ve ever seen! (Bad knowledge added to worse knowledge is ignorance?). A lot of people’s fundamentals would PROBABLY read like this: 1)70-80% of your calories should come from carbs; salad, bagels, celery (which actually BURNS calories!) and Special K. 2) Use the RDA for protein of about 0.4 grams per pound. Any more and you risk kidney failure! 3)A little margerine on your breakfast bagel is okay BUT AVOID FAT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! REMEMBER: FAT MAKES YOU FAT! 4) Aerobics is key to weight loss and “toning”. Lifting weight is okay, but if you don’t want to get “bulky” and lose flexibility, use light weights, 2-3 times a week, with a rep range between 20-30 to tone. 5) AVOID CREATINE! It has been shown to cause cancer! A good multi-vitamin is all you need and maybe a Ca/Soy supplement if you’re over 40.

Now, to "T-Mag" readers this all may sound "tongue in cheek" but this is the type of information people are "receivin' and believin'". Crazy, huh? But true...

My point? 1)Try to get a firm foundation in this Iron Game all of us muscle heads seem to love. (Cut and paste Bodz fundamentals and reading of the “T-Mag Forum” daily is a good start). 2) NEVER STOP LEARNING! REFINE YOUR CONCEPTS, IDEAS AND KNOWLEDGE! (Just the other day, TC helped me out with some fundamentals on workouts, JB has helped me “fine tune” my diet and Chris (in a very humourous way!) has even shown us the challenges and ultimate unconditional love we can have for a “little Testosterone sucker!” Even “tough guys” melt when someone loves us and needs us without reservation or pretense, huh Chris?).

Thanks, Big Guy…and all you guys…KEEP ON LEARNING!!!

Search for the “The Testosterone Training Codex” by TC Luoma on this site.

This article really helped me see the big picture when I was starting out last year.

Good luck.

Mufasa, You are Man of great words. I can’t add anything to what you have said.

oooops, Mufasa.

Mufasa, thought I put the wrong name in my preface, but had it right. As the church lady on SNL used to say (for those of us old enough to remember her) “Never Mind”