T Nation

Bodyweight Squats After Knee Injury

I was in a car wreck last january and my knee hit the dash board. An MRI showed some bleeding in the posterior knee. But it all seems to have been healed, but my knee hurt me considerably up until I started to do body weight squats. It hurt to do anything once I bent my knee 20 or 30 degrees, and it often got very swollen. I started doing body weight squats - am know doing 400 one or two days a week. I start off doing half squats and by 100 or so can go until my glutes touch my calves.

Not too long ago I could do 315 squat for 15 reps. i have not been able to squat with weight this year. I think I will be able to again. The body weight squat has helped rehab my knee immensely. Much more than the 2 orthopedic surgeons I went to.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’ve been in the same boat several times with my knee as I’ve dislocated my left knee cap, counting this past weekend, a total of 4 times. The first time was the worst as the MCL was strained but since then my knee cap is prone to slip.

Only thing that fixed it was full squats. In fact the first time it was leg presses but I was way more ignorant back then but even still it was more or less the same. Just have to wait the 4-6 weeks before I can do lower body again.