Bodytemp/Dress and Lifting?

I’ve never tried this, as our gym has very little air circulation so I’m usually hot anyway. I might give it a try for legs/shoulders tomorrow.

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:

[quote]A Ninny Mouse wrote:
Oh, awesome. An excuse for me to go full sweatpants-sweatshirt and put my hood on so I can feel maximum HARDxCORE!!

I’ll give this a try later on today. I’ll update and stuff. [/quote]

You could take it HARDCORE in the other direction and just wear really tight underarmor and cycling shorts, lol… a hoodie and a sweatpants is attire I see people at the grocery store in, not exactly immodest or crazy or anything.
Then again, you’re probably kidding. I can’t wait to lift again though lol
[/quote]

Actually, I once hit a deadlift PR (yes, me and deadlifts… hmm) without shoes that I missed teh same session with shoes, so that got me thinking… if I took of all my clothes, then maybe I’d be able to hit some serious PRs. Food for thought.

i like to feel room temperature

Its distracting as fuck to me if I’m burning up in a hoodie. Literally tried it today for 1 set and immediately felt uncomfortable lol

[quote]synergy93 wrote:
I like wearing a hooded sweatshirt because it gets me in the zone early in warm ups…no peripheral vision of dumb ass douche bags doing bicep curls on bosu balls, etc, etc, etc. It promotes a kind of tunnel vision and forces you to retreat within yourself to focus on why you came in the front doors to begin with and get the job done and get out.

It’s a battle of one for me when I go to the gym…it’s me looking back at me in the mirror and only I truly know if I’m giving it everything I have. No outside presence can make or break my workout…only I can.

I’ll shut off the lights sometimes and do prowler pushes in the dark…primal environment = primal workouts :)[/quote]

Never thought about that… tunnel vision. Kind of sends off the message “I’m here to lift, not talk” which doesn’t always get across to some people at the gym. Socializing = intensity killer. I like it.

I put on sweat pants and a sweat shirt for my lifting session today to test it out, I felt great, my t-shirt was drenched underneath as I found out after I took my hoodie off, but yeah other than that, I felt great, my lifts felt good and I set a sit up for time PR (actually I demolished it lol, I’m still wtfing over that one)

I’ve tried the sweatpants and sweatshirt thing, but i heat up extremely fast. Plus i already sweat rivers of sweat. So being that much hotter would just tire me out quicker. I’ve got to find that happy medium though, too cold and things get pulled and hurt alot easier, too hot and i also pull things easier and tire much quicker.

Synergy, i do like the use of a hoodie for maximum tunnel vision. I do feel that added focus on the way to the gym if it’s cold out.

I wear a few layers, maybe a t-shirt, long sleeve top and a hoody, and just peel back the layers as I go, find it hard to get started when cold, warm or a little hot all the way!

if you wear a singlet, you are a bodybuilder…

Another PR! Wooo. On benching! Of course, it might have been due to a better setup but whatever. Imma keep this.

[quote]A Ninny Mouse wrote:
Another PR! Wooo. On benching! Of course, it might have been due to a better setup but whatever. Imma keep this. [/quote]

Could be a mental thing too, but if it’s working, keep it up.

I always start in a hoodie and joggers…

Basically it’s something I do just through intuition I guess? It seems common sense anyway.

I take the hoodie off once I start sweating like a bitch because I’m warm as hell by then anyway. Then I just have a t-shirt that’s a size too big, it works out quite nice.