Bodyfat Percentage Pictures

Hi everyone,

Is there a site anywhere which has a number of photos of the male torso at various body fat percentages?

eg 20, 15, 10, 5 Percent etc?

Cheers

Paul

You might want to duck…

Sure, check out:

www.ImSoGhey.com!

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Sure, check out:

www.ImSoGhey.com![/quote]

You might not want to trust the site though. Hardly any of the models are holding up a shoe.

WTF?

I am setting goals and want a reason to achieve a certain body fat percentage rather than picking a number out of the air.

OK, lets just get this straight.

Not everyone looks the same as a certain bodyfat percentage, so unless you had pictures of one person through all the ranges, it wouldn’t be accurate.

[quote]Hucker wrote:
WTF?

I am setting goals and want a reason to achieve a certain body fat percentage rather than picking a number out of the air.[/quote]

Someone that weighs 280 lbs with 20% BF doesn’t look the same as someone that weighs 180 lbs with 20% BF. It’s a PERCENTAGE. Go take some simple math class or something and then ask yourself if your question makes any sense.

Ok, then I want to be about 170.

Need pictures of various BF as 170, please.

this is like watching a car accident in slow motion

[quote]Hucker wrote:

Need pictures of various BF as 170, please.[/quote]

LOL.

Generation Fail.

[quote]Bigbakes wrote:
this is like watching a car accident in slow motion[/quote]

LMAO

start losing fat and when you’re happy maintain, that’s all that’s really needed

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
start losing fat and when you’re happy maintain, that’s all that’s really needed[/quote]

What?

This kid could weigh all over 130lbs and you are telling him to simply "lose fat and maintain?

[quote]Hucker wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a site anywhere which has a number of photos of the male torso at various body fat percentages?

eg 20, 15, 10, 5 Percent etc?

Cheers

Paul[/quote]

Paul what would that do for you? If the photo’s showed 10% bodyfat and you got to that leanness comparably and were 12% in reality… would that change anything?

What 10% looks like on me, won’t necessarily look like on you, or on the 21st poster of this thread. Maybe I carry more fat around my waist and you carry it on your thighs, we could both be the same bodyfat and look different.

In short I think everybody is trying to say “no”

EDIT: bodyspace maybe… if they list their percentages.

I seriously don’t understand the whole obsession with bf precentages. Scott hit the nail on the head and I feel that those same people who obsess over a number instead of the mirror or the tape measure are approaching thiw whole issue wrong.

BF percentages make ZERO sense equally whether you are a skinny bastard looking to get to ‘6%’ before he ‘bulks’ or a fat dude who needs to lose the fat.

IS it really so much heresy to just look in the mirror and decide whether you like what you see instead of following some arbitrary numerical code?

[quote]Hucker wrote:

Need pictures of various BF as 170, please.[/quote]

This well known Superhero is 170lbs with 4% body fat.

Feel free to print the picture and use it as your inspiration.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Hucker wrote:

Need pictures of various BF as 170, please.

LOL.

Generation Fail.[/quote]

Seriously I’m just hoping that its a joke…I don’t see why any male (using that word very loosely btw) would want to weigh only 170lbs…unless they are less than 4’ tall maybe?

I’m pretty sure this has been posted before, but here you go:

Was just gonna post that. I don’t see how this is so terrible to ask It is just interesting as a bodybuilding fan cuz you hear like ooh he was at 4% or whatever and you like to get a mental picture and know what that means.

Also for being 170 as a goal maybe it is just a temporary goal like get there maintain get strong then bulk up more. I would also mention weight class sports (which I do) but I know this is a bodybuilding forum so that doesn’t matter.

BTW you guys are right about the size effecting the looks of it when I was real skinny slighlt >10% looked less lean than the huge guys with 20% and the huge guys with 20% look leaner than the big guy with 15%