T Nation

Bodyfat Levels

hey guys iam currently at 11% bf at 130lbs and i was wondering what was needed to get to 6-8% bf. iam a rowing athelete i row 6 days per week and bodybuild 3 times per week.

my diet looks like that:
breakfast: cup of oats with milk , honey and cinammon and 5grams aminos.
rowing training
snack: beans and bread
lunch: 3 spoons of rice ,veggies, 2 chicken breasts.
pre workout: 5 grams aminos.
bodybuilding workout
post workout: 10 grams aminos and apple juice
dinner: 3 pieces of meat , veggies , 3 spoons of rice.
before bed: a can of tuna.

any ideas?

What will dropping to 6-8% bodyfat allow you to do that you cannot do now?

Do you really want to be a ripped 118 pounder?

Maybe losing strength for rowing is your goal…

for me the lighter i get the better & faster i perform. iam light weight rower so i’d rather lose that from fat

Personally, I refuse to give advice to anyone who weighs 130 pounds and wants to get smaller.

S

[quote]GuerillaZen wrote:
Personally, I refuse to give advice to anyone who weighs 130 pounds and wants to get smaller. [/quote]

and on a Bodybuilding forum…

[quote]dyskee wrote:
for me the lighter i get the better & faster i perform. iam light weight rower so i’d rather lose that from fat[/quote]

LOL. Yes, once you literally get down to nothing but skin and bones, you should be real fast…except for the lack of muscle…which is what makes you fast.

I’ve never seen a skeleton row anywhere by itself.

You are clearly a miracle.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
dyskee wrote:
for me the lighter i get the better & faster i perform. iam light weight rower so i’d rather lose that from fat

LOL. Yes, once you literally get down to nothing but skin and bones, you should be real fast…except for the lack of muscle…which is what makes you fast.

I’ve never seen a skeleton row anywhere by itself.

You are clearly a miracle.[/quote]

[quote]gabex wrote:
Silent Highway Man
[/quote]

Damn…I forgot about him. I heard he’s really good too. He’s a little old, but damn he’s good.

At first I though “Was I too hard on the kid?”.

Then I thought about it for a second more and said awww, screw it!

Then you guys chimed in and it only got better.

Dude.

I rowed in college. At 5’9" I’m short for a heavyweight.

It took everything I had to weigh in at 160 (read: come down to 160) so I could row lightweights-- stroke at that. 2 years of those, I was vegan-- that’s not “vegetarian” that eats fish, eggs, and dairy (I never understood that), but vegan.

I wasted those two years of strength gains. When I started putting real meat/protein into my diet, I found that it didn’t take any more effort to make weight, and my strength and speed increased. When I went above weight, my single/double speed increased as well-- ie. as weight went up, so did my performance.

You should know as a rower that power output rules. You have a LOT of room to gain weight and make strength gains that will more than adequately make up for any weight you put on.

What college are you rowing for? I’m surprised that your coach wouldn’t be having you on a strength/endurance regimen. Don’t your competitions require ‘boat average weight’ as well? You should be able to gain weight so long as the average isn’t too high…

Or, are you the cox?

re: “Silent Highway Man”… That guy KILLS the competition…

You might try going to a Rowing Website and asking them what they do to get to 115 pounds .I doubt many folks around here have that type of goal.

geesh…I would have thought rowing would have something to do with upper-body / core strength

Your only hope.

Steely no iam not the cox and i know that the heavier iam the more power i exert. and guys i didn’t say i wanted to lose bodyweight i said bodyfat, big difference here.

It all came to my mind when i read the g flux article that i can change my body composition by by gaining muscle mass and decreasing my bodyfat into single digits. i was 180lbs before i rowed so i can get back to it easily.

[quote]gabex wrote:
GuerillaZen wrote:
Personally, I refuse to give advice to anyone who weighs 130 pounds and wants to get smaller.

and on a Bodybuilding forum…[/quote]

The only appropriate forum I can think of would be for anorexia nervosa.

Use protein shakes instead of solid food for your snacks. Also up your carbs with your meals. A baked potato instead of rice will give you more energy. Try it and see.

Here’s how you’ll lose fat:

Eat at least 400 carbs a day, 1.5 grams of protein/ lb of bodyweight, and at least 100 grams of healthy fats. Lifting a lot of big weights will definately bring you down, too.

Everyone else don’t tell that this really is :wink:

[quote]dyskee wrote:
and guys i didn’t say i wanted to lose bodyweight i said bodyfat, big difference here.
[/quote]

You also said you got better and faster the less you weigh, which means you are actively trying to decrease your body weight.

Anyone else find it funny that this kid could, without a doubt, pass for eliteballa’s brother?

[quote]dyskee wrote:
hey guys iam currently at 11% bf at 130lbs and i was wondering what was needed to get to 6-8% bf. iam a rowing athelete i row 6 days per week and bodybuild 3 times per week.

my diet looks like that:
breakfast: cup of oats with milk , honey and cinammon and 5grams aminos.
rowing training
snack: beans and bread
lunch: 3 spoons of rice ,veggies, 2 chicken breasts.
pre workout: 5 grams aminos.
bodybuilding workout
post workout: 10 grams aminos and apple juice
dinner: 3 pieces of meat , veggies , 3 spoons of rice.
before bed: a can of tuna.

any ideas?[/quote]

“trbl.” -charles barkley