Bodybuilding's 30 Biggest Lies

[quote]ktennies wrote:
brancron wrote:
http://gain-muscle-now.com/bodybuildingmyths/bodybuildings-30-biggest-lies

What do YOU think?

in #2 when it said: “So much for the eat-big-to-get-big philosophy”, i said to myself “so much for this article” [/quote]

Total agree. It said nothing about the training habits of the people in the ONE study they cite.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I think some of it is bullshit and overly simplistic…like this:

You see it happen every day in gyms across the country. Some bodybuilding neophyte will walk up to a guy who looks like he�??s an escaped attraction from Jurassic Park and ask him how he trains.

The biggest guy in the gym likely got that way from either taking a tremendous amount of drugs and/or by being genetically pre-dispositioned to get big. Follow a horse home and you�??ll find horse parents.

The guy in your gym who is best bodybuilder is the guy who has made the most progress and done the most to his physique using natural techniques. He may still be a pencil neck, but he may have put on 40 pounds [19kg] of lean body mass to get where he is, and that, in all probability, took some know-how.

That person probably doesn�??t overtrain, keeps his sets down to a minimum, and uses great form and concentration on the eccentric (negative) portion of each exercise repetition.

This is the same crap you hear everyday as if someone who is big simply got that way without trying because of genetics and that the smaller guy somehow shows more dedication.

The only people who would write something like that…are people who have seen such little progress that they attribute anyone doing better to drug use and genetics.

You aren’t going to know a thing about how far someone has gone from start to finish without actually speaking with them. It is ridiculous the numbers of people who think if you are big now, that you must have always been big.

If you want to be one of the big guys, it may just help to find out how they got that way instead of writing it all off as if they didn’t have to work for it.[/quote]

How do you know if the big guy has always been big? How do you know the medium sized guy was once small?

You don’t unless you ask and then you still don’t know if they are bullshitting you.

You need to observe many people and think things through. Either that or lift a lot of weight and eat a lot of food.

Whoever posted that Ronnie vid link, thank a lot. I lost 5 valuable IQ points in the first 2 minutes!

He is however correct about the “heavy ass weight”.
There is something to be said about choosing the right parents and following Ronnie’s extensive drug program.

That said, I too get sick of lazy douchebags discrediting other’s efforts as genetics and steroids. Do you not think Ronnie’s put in a few “heavy ass” workouts?!

Where does all this bulking hate come from? This guy must not spend a whole lot of time on forums with every other post being some 140lbs twig asking about cutting.