Bodybuilding vs Obesity

A sad couple of videos showing how Americans think:

Notice near the end of the first video when the woman comments how she would like to talk to the boy’s mother and ask if she “really knows what she is doing to him”. Let’s see, which one is more likely to have problems…

wasn’t the first kid just born with a myostatin defficiency and his dad put him on a hardcore workout and diet?

people thought he was on steroids which is silly

[quote]schultzie wrote:
wasn’t the first kid just born with a myostatin defficiency and his dad put him on a hardcore workout and diet?

people thought he was on steroids which is silly[/quote]

That kid had no myostatin deficiency and looks pretty damn normal now considering all of the hype when he was younger. In fact, he looks LESS genetically gifted than some guys I grew up with. I do think his father was likely giving him something, but that is something we will never prove. The kid is about 16 years old now and doesn’t look that muscular at all.

The pic above was taken when he was 13 for that lame straight to video movie.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
A sad couple of videos showing how Americans think:

Notice near the end of the first video when the woman comments how she would like to talk to the boy’s mother and ask if she “really knows what she is doing to him”. Let’s see, which one is more likely to have problems…[/quote]

The little girl should have been taken from her parents. That is freakish what they allowed to happen to her.

You have people more upset about some little baby inhaling marijuana than would get upset about that girl being the fattest kid in the world.

That is pitiful. I agree with what Prof X said. Letting a little girl get that incredibly obese is just as bad as cooking and smoking meth around her all day. It’s almost painful to watch her struggle to walk as a YOUNG kid. God help her.

Just found this as well: (400 LBS at 7 years old)

Damn! Watch this, the mom owns up and something surprising at the end happens…

What I found kind of weird was that after the girl lost almost all the weight, the mom was just as fat. You’d think she would’ve been inspired to lose a bit herself. It really is sad that her parents gave in to the tantrums and just kept feeding her whatever she wanted for that long though.

I agree with Prof X as well. That’s a damned crime in my book. It’s abuse.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
schultzie wrote:

That kid had no myostatin deficiency and looks pretty damn normal now considering all of the hype when he was younger. In fact, he looks LESS genetically gifted than some guys I grew up with. I do think his father was likely giving him something, but that is something we will never prove. The kid is about 16 years old now and doesn’t look that muscular at all.

The pic above was taken when he was 13 for that lame straight to video movie.[/quote]

That ‘little hercules’ guy is kind of silly now. He doesn’t look very muscular at all nowadays considering how much his parents tried to make him so special.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
schultzie wrote:

The pic above was taken when he was 13 for that lame straight to video movie.

That ‘little hercules’ guy is kind of silly now. He doesn’t look very muscular at all nowadays considering how much his parents tried to make him so special.
[/quote]

I don’t recall if the father ever went to jail, but as of a couple years ago the mother had a restraining order to keep him away. The kid’s trainer/manager from when he was “freakish” indicated in an interview that he suspected the father was giving the kid something orally, but he was never able to prove it. Also the kid and the mother still maintain he never took anything. I seems like the father was giving it to him without the kids knowledge.

What I find really sad aswell is that coverage of her here in the U.S. was almost a monthly ordeal for tabloid shows.
Inside Edition, E.T. an other junket shows like that.She was also on talk shows such as Maury Povich an Montel Williams.
Now that she has lost the weight, there is rarely talk of her, almost as if it was fascinating when she was morbidly obese but now that she is better an thinned down there has been this one blurb of sorts on Inside Edition but no other coverage.
It’s almsot as if they didn’t mind showing her @ her lowest, but now, they act as if there is no story there.

If anyhting this should show that anyone; even a child, can do something about their weight.

My reply above was about the obese lil girl from the youtube videos.

Whether that kid was put on a drug regiment or not, it’s still obvious his crazy dad put him
on a Calorie restricted diet in order to get that ripped. Both of these things are clearly too stressful for a pre-adolescent boy’s body to handle.

Weight training for kids is fine. But the exercise selection for this kid was probably less than optimal. They had him doing strict curls for singles, doing lots of benching, and doing dips with weight suspended from his neck. If you’re starving the poor guy you could at least let him do some seated rows and let him use a proper dip belt.

I’ve seen videos of tiny Chinese kids cleaning 135 and squatting proportionally.

I still think he’s got awesome genetics.
But with all the drama surrounding his family he probably doesn’t train anymore.

I’ve heard Flex Wheeler has a myostatin deficiency and he was a self-admitted 98lb weakling before he started lifting and discovered his awesome genetics.

Unless there’s at least some small stresses to reveal someone’s genetic potential, you’ll never see it. Joe DeFranco benched 225 when he was in the 8th grade. These great genetics were only revealed because he had been in the gym before then. Jay Cutler benched 315 the first time he stepped into a weight room, but working for his dad’s construction company probably had something to do with that.

I bet if this kid started training again he would blow up pretty fast. He probably wouldn’t become a world class bodybuilder overnight but he’d certainly have an edge over most people with ‘good’ genetics.

If I were that little girl I would have run away from home as soon as I was fit enough to run.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:

I don’t recall if the father ever went to jail, but as of a couple years ago the mother had a restraining order to keep him away. The kid’s trainer/manager from when he was “freakish” indicated in an interview that he suspected the father was giving the kid something orally, but he was never able to prove it. Also the kid and the mother still maintain he never took anything. I seems like the father was giving it to him without the kids knowledge.

[/quote]

From the documentary I saw I believe his father went back to his native country because he has a warrant for his arrest here in the U.S. I guess he became extremely aggressive/violent towards his family and people that accused him of giving his kid roids. His trainer refused to help them anymore if the father didn’t take a polygraph test.

After the father was out of the picture his trainer told him to keep working out but to try new foods and not worry about his diet as much. I guess the poor guy had never tried pizza, soda, Chinese food or anything besides steamed lean meats and veggies.

The mother isn’t much better when both her kids were infants she would stretch out their arms and legs to the point that they would cry, to increase their flexibility.

In regards to Little Hercules, I remember seeing a documentary where the mom was saying the dad use to make him drink something, but would never tell his wife, the kid, or anyone else what was inside of it. Hmmmmm…