Bodybuilding = Vanity?

Ok, i was showing the Mrs some pics of body builders… her response was, ‘’ Why would someone do that? They only do it and post pictures of themselves on line because they are vain’’

I called her a massive cock as she walked off lol.

What would you do?

Vanity is not a bad thing.

Tell her to STFU next time she wants a new dress that compliments her figure or puts on make up.

I would say that bodybuilders are no more vain than any other section of society. But it’s more acceptable to be concerned with your appearance if you’re skinny anyway. I see countless guys that look out of shape who think they’re God’s gift.

Good point i think she was more talkin about postin pics of them selves in tiny briefs and havin photos taken, i continued to tell her to stfu!

So if you have a cool car that you restored from a junker and post pics of it in a car enthusiast’s board is that vain? If you post pics of your kids on a parenting board, is that vain? I doubt anyone would consider it so.

Being proud of something and posting pics in the appropriate place seems to be ok in so many other arenas, why would doing so with one’s body be a bad thing?

Stupid wimin make me crazy…

No woman in this country should even feel comfortable making that statement considering how focused most of them are on their own looks. For some reason, it is ok for a woman to spend 2 hours in the bathroom making herself look pretty…but God Forbid a guy lift weights on a regular basis and take pictures of their progress.

Next time, tell her it is way more noble than spending 300 bucks on a pair of shoes she may only wear twice.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
No woman in this country should even feel comfortable making that statement considering how focused most of them are on their own looks. For some reason, it is ok for a woman to spend 2 hours in the bathroom making herself look pretty…but God Forbid a guy lift weights on a regular basis and take pictures of their progress.

Next time, tell her it is way more noble than spending 300 bucks on a pair of shoes she may only wear twice.[/quote]

OR $4,000 on a set of tits, that IMHO look pretty shitty, to be honest.

I’m not a fan of fakies most times.

It’s an interesting combination of narcissism and belief that you aren’t good enough yet. I think most people are narcisistic, though.

Your Miss’ was touting herself to be a better person that bodybuilders because she didn’t post pics online that way. She was being very elites and narcissistic in her view of BBers. At least BBers tend to be narcissistic about an actual accomplishment that requires tons of dedication and hard work.

Narcissism drives people to do amazing things. Almost all greats and heroes are narcissists.

I make no apologies to any woman who would degrade what I put this much time into. Most of the people who act like that aren’t exactly saving the world or even helping too many other people to warrant the attitude.

I do wonder why this seems to be the stock response from a lot of women until you get them alone. It makes me wonder just how much coming out of most womens’ mouths is actual truth as far as what they really believe when the chips are down.

I make no apologies to any woman who would degrade what I put this much time into. Most of the people who act like that aren’t exactly saving the world or even helping too many other people to warrant the attitude.

I do wonder why this seems to be the stock response from a lot of women until you get them alone. It makes me wonder just how much coming out of most womens’ mouths is actual truth as far as what they really believe when the chips are down.[/quote]

I’ll be the first to say it. Size DOES matter.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

I do wonder why this seems to be the stock response from a lot of women until you get them alone. It makes me wonder just how much coming out of most womens’ mouths is actual truth as far as what they really believe when the chips are down.[/quote]

I’ll be the first to say it. Size DOES matter.[/quote]

We know it does…so why do so many women lie about it?

To tell guys what they think guys want to hear.

Ask a guy if breast size matters and the only way he’ll lie is if his girl is the one asking and she has small tits.

I also know a shit load of lazy women who will say shit about, “why would that guy want to get that big” only because they know how out of place they would look next to someone like that.

Most of shit most people do is for vanity’s sake. It isn’t like people are driving fucking Hummers still in this economic climate because of efficiency…yet I don’t hear the same comments from women when a guy drives by in a nice ride.

Why?

Because they know they would look good in the car.

Oh, I was talking about with bodybuilding.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Oh, I was talking about with bodybuilding.[/quote]

It works for both though.

Also, I doubt the response would have been the same if the OP was looking like some of the guys in the pics he showed her.

I personally would have a problem with a girl dating me making that comment because she would already know what my goals are…and shitting on them wouldn’t be glossed over.

I believe, but can’t prove that most women would like to bang a BB just once in their lives just to see what it’s like, kinda like a bucket list. Which I believe would also include getting shagged silly by a dude with a big wang lol.

A little vanity never hurt anybody.

Vanity is a necessity if your goal is to look as good as possible, isn’t it? One person’s definition of “good” might vary from another’s, but it’s still vanity.

Would anyone call a bride vain because she wants to look her best on her wedding day?

pride =/= vanity.

You take pride in an accomplishment.

Vanity is maybe divorced from accomplishment I believe. Its an attitude that puts you above hard work. I think it also trumps personality. If a BBer thinks he looks awesome and is also a total amoral dick I’m willing to call that vain. But, if hes a decent contributor to society and a nice guy its not all consuming vanity.

What someone said about posting pics in an appropriate forum is key also. If your taking your shirt off in line in the bank you might actually be a little too vain.

I got in trouble from some of the guys here when I said size matters in SAMA :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhow, vanity shmanity.

I was at a beach get together recently and only 3 of us were willing to go swimming because they didn’t want to get out of their all covering clothes that hid their bodies they were so ashamed of. It takes just as much vanity to want to hide your rolls as it does to want to show them. I couldn’t believe it, 34 degrees, on a beautiful lake and sitting around in board shorts that fall below the knee and massive t-shirts. Men and women both.

[quote]Eli B wrote:
pride =/= vanity.

Vanity is maybe divorced from accomplishment I believe. Its an attitude that puts you above hard work. I think it also trumps personality. If a BBer thinks he looks awesome and is also a total amoral dick I’m willing to call that vain. But, if hes a decent contributor to society and a nice guy its not all consuming vanity.

What someone said about posting pics in an appropriate forum is key also. If your taking your shirt off in line in the bank you might actually be a little too vain.[/quote]

Is it narcissism if you really are better than everyone else?

[quote]Eli B wrote:
pride =/= vanity.

What someone said about posting pics in an appropriate forum is key also. If your taking your shirt off in line in the bank you might actually be a little too vain.[/quote]

We actually get people on this site who think a bodybuilder wearing a tank top denotes “low self esteem”…so the judgment happens on a mass scale even by gym goers…especially ones who aren’t making much progress.

The problem is, bodybuilders wear their efforts for all to see. You can’t cover up a body over 250lbs at average height no matter what you wear…which leave you open to bullshit comments all day long no matter what.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Eli B wrote:
pride =/= vanity.

Is it narcissism if you really are better than everyone else?[/quote]

Nope…that’s confidence.

My guess is, if most people needed surgery, they would WANT the doc who knew how good he was and not the guy who was simply the most humble.