Bodybuilding Magazines

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
You guys are making me wonder whether it may not be worth it to pick up a copy of MD. Haven’t even opened a mag in years. Not because I had anything against them, but just because there’s 8 million times more info than I have time for online already. I used to have every issue of every one back in the day. In fact I remember when the debut issue of MM2K came out.

I am interested again because I like the newer people hitting the scene, Gifted from this site being one of them. He made the cover of Flex last month. You can’t get much more motivation than that.[/quote]

How much does a mag even cost these days? Last time I bought one I think it was like 3 or 4 bucks.

He seems to be making a big name for himself…Team BSN,M&F,etc.

He should be making a big name for himself HERE but sadly, few authors or contributors to this site even seem to pay attention to what is going on in competitive bodybuilding lately. Like I’ve said before, the scene is beginning to mimic the early 90’s again…thankfully.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing after seeing him as part of Team BSN…I knew who he was outside of T-Nation…didn’t know he posted here until I looked up “Gifted” after you mentioned it. It should have been the other way around.

But. In all seriousness, I basically get most of my bodybuilding fix from here. If I want to read, I find a good book.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
You guys are making me wonder whether it may not be worth it to pick up a copy of MD. Haven’t even opened a mag in years. Not because I had anything against them, but just because there’s 8 million times more info than I have time for online already. I used to have every issue of every one back in the day. In fact I remember when the debut issue of MM2K came out.

I am interested again because I like the newer people hitting the scene, Gifted from this site being one of them. He made the cover of Flex last month. You can’t get much more motivation than that.

How much does a mag even cost these days? Last time I bought one I think it was like 3 or 4 bucks.[/quote]

At the most, I’ve seen six bucks. Most seem to fall around 5 bucks.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Professor X wrote:
He seems to be making a big name for himself…Team BSN,M&F,etc.

He should be making a big name for himself HERE but sadly, few authors or contributors to this site even seem to pay attention to what is going on in competitive bodybuilding lately. Like I’ve said before, the scene is beginning to mimic the early 90’s again…thankfully.

I was thinking the same thing after seeing him as part of Team BSN…I knew who he was outside of T-Nation…didn’t know he posted here until I looked up “Gifted” after you mentioned it. It should have been the other way around. [/quote]

It is like they can’t see the progress some of these people are making. There are a few others that were reaching that level a couple of years back. I don’t see most of them posting anymore.

Does anyone remember how Gifted looked when he first joined the site ?

I like the videos on the muscular development website…cool stuff

The actually mags, can;t go wrong with Flex or Musclemag

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
Does anyone remember how Gifted looked when he first joined the site ? [/quote]

Like this.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=309338

Now, Brandon Curry looks like this.
http://www.bsnonline.net/teambsn/team_bio.php?name=Brandon&sec=bio

He is quite possibly the most successful bodybuilder who has posted on this forum in terms of his own progress.

He deserves every bit of the attention he gets from it.

Brandon Curry
2007 NPC Nationals Championships
210lbs at 5’7"

One more…simply because I am still amazed he gets such little recognition from this web site.

Brandon Curry
2007 NPC Nationals Championships
210lbs at 5’7"[/quote]

Now that is fucking impressive.

One more…simply because I am still amazed he gets such little recognition from this web site.

[/quote]

Because he is unfunctional. I am surprised he could walk out on stage with his legs having to support over 200 pounds.

triple-10sets wrote:
Does anyone remember how Gifted looked when he first joined the site ?

Like this.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=309338

[/quote]

funny how a few replies down, people started calling BS , lol

He is quite possibly the most successful bodybuilder who has posted on this forum in terms of his own progress.

He deserves every bit of the attention he gets from it.[/quote]

Was B Curry the new pro who claimed to eat VERY little food? It was either him or another new pro who said they just drink pop, have a protein shake and eat some licorice…

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Was B Curry the new pro who claimed to eat VERY little food? It was either him or another new pro who said they just drink pop, have a protein shake and eat some licorice…[/quote]

You are thinking of Micheal Lockett, and I think that was an exagerration. The man is obviously eating a hell of a lot to make the gains he did in only one year. I think his point was that he doesn’t eat nearly as clean as most people seem to push onto newbies in bodybuilding.

jdrannin1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Was B Curry the new pro who claimed to eat VERY little food? It was either him or another new pro who said they just drink pop, have a protein shake and eat some licorice…

You are thinking of Micheal Lockett, and I think that was an exagerration. The man is obviously eating a hell of a lot to make the gains he did in only one year. I think his point was that he doesn’t eat nearly as clean as most people seem to push onto newbies in bodybuilding. [/quote]

Ahh ok. I took it to mean he put little in the importance of food (amount) vs. “clean food” per se. I think I remember him better now…his quads were noticeably different sizes. Not that that matters really…that and the candy just stick out in my mind. lol

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

You are thinking of Micheal Lockett, and I think that was an exagerration. The man is obviously eating a hell of a lot to make the gains he did in only one year. I think his point was that he doesn’t eat nearly as clean as most people seem to push onto newbies in bodybuilding.

Ahh ok. I took it to mean he put little in the importance of food (amount) vs. “clean food” per se. I think I remember him better now…his quads were noticeably different sizes. Not that that matters really…that and the candy just stick out in my mind. lol[/quote]

He has fixed that size issue from what I can tell. I have some NPC videos with him in it and it is barely noticeable now. It isn’t like no one pointed that out to him by now.

jdrannin1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Ahh ok. I took it to mean he put little in the importance of food (amount) vs. “clean food” per se. I think I remember him better now…his quads were noticeably different sizes. Not that that matters really…that and the candy just stick out in my mind. lol

He has fixed that size issue from what I can tell. I have some NPC videos with him in it and it is barely noticeable now. It isn’t like no one pointed that out to him by now.[/quote]

No doubt. Originally I assumed he had an injury to his quad…then I seemed to hear a lot of criticism about “the new pro with bad symmetry”, blah blah blah. It seemed people were pretty quick to jump all over him. Fucking impressive conditioning if I remember right.

I never understand how Brandon Curry and Frank McGrath aren’t competing in the Olympia, Arnold, or other major shows (maybe I’m wrong).

He probably doesn’t get mentioned much on this site because he’s sponsored by BSN, not Biotest. I wounder if Biotest ever contacted him. Once I saw his myspace page and his backround banner was a T-Nation design.