Bodybuilding Magazines

whats the best bodybulding magazine, now I realize its just a magazine but if you wanted some for a trip just to keep you occupied what would the most dependable mag be. Flex? muscle mag?

My favorite USED to be IRONMAN. I have no idea how it is now though.

By far Muscular Developement.

come on someone has to read bb mags?

MD actually has a decent amount of current news and features some accomplished writers (Flex Wheeler, Shawn Ray, etc) and decent interviews with current and future competitors. My favorite of the bunch.

I read these whilst travelling from Boston to Manchester last year and they all were really, really helpful.
MD
OnFitness
Reps
Muscle and Fitness

They really helped me to… pass the time.

I liked some of the mags above, its just the fucking ADS!! Especially Weider mags and MD… the ads are 70% of the magazine! It just feels like a bit of a scam.

You could search for some information you find interesting at the moment… Doggcrapp, GVT, V-Diet… whatever, and print of a load of shit to read. I do this from time to time.

Joe

It’d be nice if T-Nation ran articles about bodybuilding from time to time. I know how many of the authors feel about modern bodybuilding, but it’s not all about Jay Cutler and the other mass monsters. I mean, don’t they(Biotest) sponsor Stan McQuay? And yet, other than the occasional Powerful Image you don’t even hear about him around here.

There used to be the monthly piss-take of all the bb mags. That stopped I think due to a possible conflict of interests by the author or something?

I’ve read UK flex a few times but am currently awaiting my subscription for MD to begin.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
By far Muscular Developement.[/quote]

Agreed, hands down.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
come on someone has to read bb mags?[/quote]

Has to? Why would a bodybuilder not want to?

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
It’d be nice if T-Nation ran articles about bodybuilding from time to time. I know how many of the authors feel about modern bodybuilding, but it’s not all about Jay Cutler and the other mass monsters. I mean, don’t they(Biotest) sponsor Stan Mcquay? And yet, other than the occasional powerful image you don’t even hear about him around here. [/quote]

I’ve been saying that for years.

It doesn’t look like anyone is listening.

I get a MuscleMag subscription for free (I do art for it), but I just look at the perdy pictures. lol

[quote]Professor X wrote:
crod266 wrote:
come on someone has to read bb mags?

Has to? Why would a bodybuilder not want to?[/quote]

umm iono some people just dont like them. Personaly im not sure whats so bad about them. Ive only read flex before I asked this question, but I like bb mags in general

You guys are making me wonder whether it may not be worth it to pick up a copy of MD. Haven’t even opened a mag in years. Not because I had anything against them, but just because there’s 8 million times more info than I have time for online already. I used to have every issue of every one back in the day. In fact I remember when the debut issue of MM2K came out.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
You guys are making me wonder whether it may not be worth it to pick up a copy of MD. Haven’t even opened a mag in years. Not because I had anything against them, but just because there’s 8 million times more info than I have time for online already. I used to have every issue of every one back in the day. In fact I remember when the debut issue of MM2K came out. [/quote]

I am interested again because I like the newer people hitting the scene, Gifted from this site being one of them. He made the cover of Flex last month. You can’t get much more motivation than that.

Tiribulus wrote:
You guys are making me wonder whether it may not be worth it to pick up a copy of MD. Haven’t even opened a mag in years. Not because I had anything against them, but just because there’s 8 million times more info than I have time for online already. I used to have every issue of every one back in the day. In fact I remember when the debut issue of MM2K came out.

I am interested again because I like the newer people hitting the scene, Gifted from this site being one of them. He made the cover of Flex last month. You can’t get much more motivation than that.[/quote]

He seems to be making a big name for himself…Team BSN,M&F,etc.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

I am interested again because I like the newer people hitting the scene, Gifted from this site being one of them. He made the cover of Flex last month. You can’t get much more motivation than that.

He seems to be making a big name for himself…Team BSN,M&F,etc.[/quote]

He should be making a big name for himself HERE but sadly, few authors or contributors to this site even seem to pay attention to what is going on in competitive bodybuilding lately. Like I’ve said before, the scene is beginning to mimic the early 90’s again…thankfully.

Like I’ve said before, the scene is beginning to mimic the early 90’s again…thankfully.
[/quote]

Haha…Agreed. Also, not only do I like the info on the new guys MD has, but I also like the format where news is directed specifically at my type-

The eat big, lift big, sleep big silverback-gorilla bodybuilder.

Men’s Health. Definitely. I mean, it can’t be that bad, right? Check out this testimonial: