T Nation

Bodybuilding: Competition Guide?

Hi folks,
i plan to enter an amateur bodybuilding show next year.

i’m looking for a good book or guide for basic bodybuilding (NOT exercises, reps, nutrition, etc.) but one that helps with the actual contest: posing, contest prep, judging, do-s and don’ts etc.

would be interested if anyone knows of such a publication and any relevant comments.

thanks!

-hiero

hmmm…hard to believe…some 200 views, yet not one reply? is this not the proper forum for this post?

i’m tempted to go for it, but would like to ask one more time…

thanks again.

cheers-
hiero

I have never competed and I never will but a good friend of mine who does compete uses a book written by Keith Klein and Lee Labrada and it is called “Get Lean”. It seems to work well for him.
CD

[quote]campdirector wrote:
I have never competed and I never will but a good friend of mine who does compete uses a book written by Keith Klein and Lee Labrada and it is called “Get Lean”. It seems to work well for him.
CD[/quote]

Hiero,

I haven’t come across any books that will teach what you need to know. Try to find someone who has competed before, hopefully successfully, and try to get help that way. You need to know what to expect at the weigh-in, backstage, skin preparation, posing, routine, comparisons, etc.

If this is an amateur contest geared towards beginners, then the promoter should also be able to help out.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Franco Columbu have each written BB books with lots of posing advice. Amazon is a good place to start.