Bodybuilding.com Gets Raided

Hmmm… I lived in Boise for three years and had no idea they were out in Meridian.

Professor X has a good point. The US is probably only a few “incidents” away from the government stepping in to regulate (stifle) the supplement industry.

[quote]ds1973 wrote:
Hmmm… I lived in Boise for three years and had no idea they were out in Meridian.

Professor X has a good point. The US is probably only a few “incidents” away from the government stepping in to regulate (stifle) the supplement industry.[/quote]

Whats is amazing is the ONLY thing the government does quickly and efficiently is take away freedom.

Otherwise they are generally slow, stupid and wasteful.

They took down all the PH supps from CEL.

AAS are bad mmmmkay

People who watched BiggerFasterStronger will remember Orrin Hatch as the guy that helped ban steroids to improve Utah’s supp business. He’s still in the Senate. Your supps business still has a fighting chance.

[quote]SrJoker wrote:
and the authentic voice of the body-building community,"[/quote]

Yeah… About that…

Here’s an old thread discussing one of the products listed (Mass Xtreme)

Hysterical and kinda scary.

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:
Kind of funny that the author’s name is Bill Roberts…lol[/quote]

That is an odd thing. I guess such a thing was bound to happen sooner or later.

In my defense, there are nowhere near enough commas and parenthetical statements for it to have been written by me :slight_smile:

Also:

I seriously wonder if what is happening is that these companies are being charged for having, for example, one part per million of the illegal compounds in question.

That would be detectable these days, though such amounts certainly are not performance enhancers nor could they have any effect on health.

I don’t know what specific products are being charged with regard to bb’ing dot com – are they expensive enough to justify actually having useful amounts of expensive, Controlled Substances Act-illegal anabolic steroids in them? – but for at least two other companies, such a thing doesn’t remotely make sense.

For example, Patrick Arnold certainly knows that androstenedione is not a useful performance enhancer in small quantities, and not that much in large quantities.

So why would he have “spiked” 6-OXO with androstenedione? Especially knowing that he was under the microscope. It doesn’t make sense.

But could there have been a trace level of androstenedione that was below his level of detection using HPLC/MS, but not below the level of detection that the government employed? Could well be.

And there is another company, not a manufacturer, for which I know there is no way that there was a substantial amount of any of the substances charged, but for which it’s certainly possible that the supplier could have provided a product with trace or utter-trace amounts of other compounds, inadvertently present and absolutely irrelevant to anything, except prosecution.

What next: if a codeine product, say Tylenol 3 or a cough product, is found to contain one part per million morphine, the manufacturer will be busted? I bet not, as those manufacturers enjoy more government protection.

[quote]FutureGL wrote:

Hysterical and kinda scary.[/quote]

point is, I didn’t realize some of the stuff being peddled contained prohormones… legally?

Sooo when the bb.com dudes cruise over here will we put Jim Crow laws back in place?

Supplement companies have been hidding steroids in their products for a while now…thats why you always have to do your research on new supps…but sometimes even that can’t protect you.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Also:

I seriously wonder if what is happening is that these companies are being charged for having, for example, one part per million of the illegal compounds in question.

That would be detectable these days, though such amounts certainly are not performance enhancers nor could they have any effect on health.

I don’t know what specific products are being charged with regard to bb’ing dot com – are they expensive enough to justify actually having useful amounts of expensive, Controlled Substances Act-illegal anabolic steroids in them? – but for at least two other companies, such a thing doesn’t remotely make sense.

For example, Patrick Arnold certainly knows that androstenedione is not a useful performance enhancer in small quantities, and not that much in large quantities.

So why would he have “spiked” 6-OXO with androstenedione? Especially knowing that he was under the microscope. It doesn’t make sense.

But could there have been a trace level of androstenedione that was below his level of detection using HPLC/MS, but not below the level of detection that the government employed? Could well be.

And there is another company, not a manufacturer, for which I know there is no way that there was a substantial amount of any of the substances charged, but for which it’s certainly possible that the supplier could have provided a product with trace or utter-trace amounts of other compounds, inadvertently present and absolutely irrelevant to anything, except prosecution.

What next: if a codeine product, say Tylenol 3 or a cough product, is found to contain one part per million morphine, the manufacturer will be busted? I bet not, as those manufacturers enjoy more government protection.[/quote]

Here’s a little bit on which products/companies are being investigated

[quote]FutureGL wrote:
FutureGL wrote:

Hysterical and kinda scary.

point is, I didn’t realize some of the stuff being peddled contained prohormones… legally?[/quote]

You serious? Walk into any “health shop” and you can find several products that contain steroid precursors

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Also:

What next: if a codeine product, say Tylenol 3 or a cough product, is found to contain one part per million morphine, the manufacturer will be busted? I bet not, as those manufacturers enjoy more government protection.[/quote]

No one in the media, and not one soccer mom, and not one person in congress cares about that.

Steroids and prohormones = EVIL

Obviously they are trying to kill children so we must protect the little angels before they kill us all!!!

Ah hell, just think: what will RMP look like once BB.com goes under? Dammit all to hell!

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Supplement companies have been hidding steroids in their products for a while now…thats why you always have to do your research on new supps…but sometimes even that can’t protect you.[/quote]

Does that explain how people “get huge by accident”?

I think it just might.

Please re-read my post: It does not make financial sense to add oral anabolic steroids to products not being sold as prohormones.

Any amount that could be financially acceptable is not enough to be efficacious.

None of these government claims ever come with quantity detected.

For the reasons I gave, I think it highly likely that they are basing these charges on levels such as one part per million or less, as example figures, resulting from trace and inadvertent contamination.

Anyone is free to provide evidence to the contrary, if such exists. If the case, it certainly should exist.

(To clarify who I was responding to: My post was in reply to Frozen Ninja’s, which is the last post that I can now see. From looking at the index just now, I’m guessing that my post will actually not appear immediately afterwards.)

Also, I’m not referring to products sold as prohormones, which I wouldn’t at all be surprised to learn in some cases may have been spiked with efficacious amounts of now-banned substances. That is financially doable because of the high MSRP of such products and because production cost may actually be reduced, as the banned substances may be cheaper per kilo and certainly cheaper per amount of effect than the nominal ingredient.

ignorant non-informative statement as follows

If you’d asked me, I’d say that this country needs to add steroid substances to it’s milk or bread or sumt’in. This way MAYBE guys these days MIGHT have a chance of growing some balls