T Nation

Bodybuilding.com Fined for Tainted Supplements

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm305494.htm

BB.com fined for selling supplements that contained synthetic steroids. Any one ever use any of these?

I’m surprised these were only misdemeanor charges that they pled to.

Lol.

Most of the good “legal” supplements are typically spiked with a little something extra, anyway. Let’s be honest.

I base this on no scientific facts whatsoever, but IDGAF.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm305494.htm

BB.com fined for selling supplements that contained synthetic steroids. Any one ever use any of these?[/quote]
I should’ve bought some.

this is why I only buy from about 4-5 different brands.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Lol.

Most of the good “legal” supplements are typically spiked with a little something extra, anyway. Let’s be honest.

I base this on no scientific facts whatsoever, but IDGAF.[/quote]

If this is true why not buy a number of supps from different companies get them tested for proof then sue? Seems like an easy way to make money.

[quote]maverick88 wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:
Lol.

Most of the good “legal” supplements are typically spiked with a little something extra, anyway. Let’s be honest.

I base this on no scientific facts whatsoever, but IDGAF.[/quote]

If this is true why not buy a number of supps from different companies get them tested for proof then sue? Seems like an easy way to make money.[/quote]

Because supplement companies are actually held to a high standard of accuracy in marketing/labeling?

This is all bullshit from all sides. These “supplements” were labeled to have certain steroid chemicals that are actually progesterone or estrogen derivatives that won’t help you grow at all but of course are structurally similar to testosterone. After all estrogen looks almost identical to testosterone and there are thousands f “steroid hormones”.

Of course these things aren’t nutrients but garbage synthetic hormones so it’s misidentified per the regulatory standards.
The reason it’s not a more serious crime is because they’re not androgens that would actually help in our bodybuilding efforts and so they aren’t banned substances only misrepresented as supplements.

Not that I support the ban on androgens, just pointing out what’s actually gong on here.

Wow, since when is superdrol and dymethazine illegal? I can go down my street to my local supplement place and buy them. Methadrol is superdrol, for those newbies that didn’t know. Dymethazine is basically superdrol but has a double bond, which mmakes it work slightly different in the body.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:
This is all bullshit from all sides. These “supplements” were labeled to have certain steroid chemicals that are actually progesterone or estrogen derivatives that won’t help you grow at all but of course are structurally similar to testosterone. After all estrogen looks almost identical to testosterone and there are thousands f “steroid hormones”.

Of course these things aren’t nutrients but garbage synthetic hormones so it’s misidentified per the regulatory standards.
The reason it’s not a more serious crime is because they’re not androgens that would actually help in our bodybuilding efforts and so they aren’t banned substances only misrepresented as supplements.

Not that I support the ban on androgens, just pointing out what’s actually gong on here.[/quote]

Toohuman, are you a total idiot. these are not estrogen derivatives. METHADROL is superdrol. its merely a clone. Superdrol is probably if not the most potent steroid ever created. What is your knowledge of supplements? Superdrol has been around for a few years now, and it is accepted that it is an extremely potent anabolic designer steroid. Dymethazine, is a double bonded version of superdrol.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]TooHuman wrote:
This is all bullshit from all sides. These “supplements” were labeled to have certain steroid chemicals that are actually progesterone or estrogen derivatives that won’t help you grow at all but of course are structurally similar to testosterone. After all estrogen looks almost identical to testosterone and there are thousands f “steroid hormones”.

Of course these things aren’t nutrients but garbage synthetic hormones so it’s misidentified per the regulatory standards.
The reason it’s not a more serious crime is because they’re not androgens that would actually help in our bodybuilding efforts and so they aren’t banned substances only misrepresented as supplements.

Not that I support the ban on androgens, just pointing out what’s actually gong on here.[/quote]

Toohuman, are you a total idiot. these are not estrogen derivatives. METHADROL is superdrol. its merely a clone. Superdrol is probably if not the most potent steroid ever created. What is your knowledge of supplements? Superdrol has been around for a few years now, and it is accepted that it is an extremely potent anabolic designer steroid. Dymethazine, is a double bonded version of superdrol. [/quote]

Well fuck me, my bad. I stand corrected.

Ignorance is bliss.

:smiley:

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm305494.htm

BB.com fined for selling supplements that contained synthetic steroids. Any one ever use any of these?[/quote]
Didnt the FDA go before the supreme court and gave told them that Steroids shouldn’t be criminalized? Isn’t this sort of contradictory?

[quote]QuadasarusFlex wrote:

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm305494.htm

BB.com fined for selling supplements that contained synthetic steroids. Any one ever use any of these?[/quote]
Didnt the FDA go before the supreme court and gave told them that Steroids shouldn’t be criminalized? Isn’t this sort of contradictory?[/quote]

I have no idea if any FDA rep has ever done that. I would highly doubt the FDA supports the decriminalization of AAS considering their deathly fear of raw milk consumption. We all know how dangerous and dastardly raw milk can be.

[quote]QuadasarusFlex wrote:

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm305494.htm

BB.com fined for selling supplements that contained synthetic steroids. Any one ever use any of these?[/quote]
Didnt the FDA go before the supreme court and gave told them that Steroids shouldn’t be criminalized? Isn’t this sort of contradictory?[/quote]

Read the report. The crime is that they were mis-labeled as “dietary supplements” when in fact they were drugs. It does not state the compounds themselves were illegal.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
Wow, since when is superdrol and dymethazine illegal? I can go down my street to my local supplement place and buy them. Methadrol is superdrol, for those newbies that didn’t know. Dymethazine is basically superdrol but has a double bond, which mmakes it work slightly different in the body.[/quote]

Read my post above

Way to bring the spotlight onto something that doesn’t really need it.

Thanks BB dot com, you fucking jerks!

They must be overjoyed that this news got out.

I’m not kidding…news of this will help their sales.