T Nation

Bodybuilding and T-Nation

Let me take a quote from NateDogg on the t-cell “alpha”:

"I don’t care about bodybuilding, and I am not a bodybuilder nor will I ever be. Bodybuilding is great for those that actually do it, but it’s just not my thing.

The T-Cell Alpha is more than just bodybuilding.

Also, if you don’t compete, then you are not a bodybuilder. You may be a fan of bodybuilding, and you may train to build your body, but you are not a bodybuilder unless you get on stage and compete. "

I said the same damn thing in a post awhile back on the bodybuilding forums and it sparked a hissy fit. This in turn started a bunch of bitching from the whiniest of members and started the T-cell “alpha”.

Now all of a sudden one of the likeable long-time members shares my view on that forum and nobody says a goddamn thing? T-Nation has become a giant highschool drama full of cliques.

If you’ll look at my post history, I don’t believe I have ever posted something completely idiotic. Every post has shown great insight or has lead to educated thought regarding bodybuilding processes.

But the act of professional bodybuilding is something I couldn’t give a shit about. Building nothing but muscle without regard for anything else that makes the body asthetic is not bodybuilding to me.

Anyways, I just wanted to point out that this site is becomming elitist joke. Special access forums? really? How about just adding a general fitness or non-competition bodybuilding forum. Or maybe define the fucking forums that already exist clearly and distinctly.

PS. To everyone reading this(even those who are not “alpha”), Good luck with your physical pursuits. You don’t have to want to be 300lbs of pure muscle to want a better body. Having modest goals(movie stars, fitness models, bodybuilders of the 50’s-70’s) instead of the flex freaks(current bodybuilders) is nothing to be ashamed of. And if you want to be a flex freak, good luck. I hope you succeed.

I looked at the thread in question and I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Every post after NateDogg’s refers to his and not starting that discussion again.

You don’t have to compete to be a bodybuilder. If you bodybuild, then you are a bodybuilder.

Someone at 180 pounds, could never compete and still look like a bodybuilder.

So I take it you’re not in Alpha?

Your post smacks strongly of you not having read all the relevant threads in regards to the Cell.

[quote]anonym wrote:
So I take it you’re not in Alpha?

Your post smacks strongly of you not having read all the relevant threads in regards to the Cell.[/quote]

I don’t patrol the forums daily(or even weekly) so I had no idea this cell even existed until recently. I concur that there are some decent posts. But there is also a decent amount of ass-hattery. IMHO it doesn’t look so impressive that it couldn’t be placed in a public forum.

And your post smacks strongly of not having read my post. I said that these shenanigans could have been avoided by identifying the forum topics more accurately, and having useful moderators.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I looked at the thread in question and I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Every post after NateDogg’s refers to his and not starting that discussion again.[/quote]

That’s because most people realize that while everyone in that forum may not specifically be bodybuilding (since some are powerlifters or whatever), the goal is to keep posts AGAINST bodybuilding out of that forum. That forum is not for rock climbing. It is for building muscle and/or dropping body fat, something Nate’s posts have been about in that forum.

There was no need to jump into that thread and tell him that competing isn’t a qualification to be called a “bodybuilder” because several people jumped in and wrote not to go down that road again.

We’ve had that discussion…too many damn times to count. If you are walking around with 20" arms and 30" quads, you call yourself whatever you damn well please whether you jumped on stage or not. Most would still consider you a “bodybuilder”.

Why would someone take one random post and try to hold that against everyone in an entire forum? Nate’s wrong. I disagree with Nate.

Is that what the OP wanted to hear?

Further, at this point, if you don’t like that forum, then quit clicking on it.

Case solved.

It is NOT elitist to vote someone out of a forum if they come in and stir up shit. It IS elitist if you bar someone before they evne posted in the GODDAMN thing.

All part of someone’s deeply rooted fear and paranoia…

Someone has developed a persecution complex…not pleasant to be excluded because of how you are perceived,is it?

What a totally delicious irony.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
Someone has developed a persecution complex…not pleasant to be excluded because of how you are perceived,is it?

What a totally delicious irony.[/quote]

He’s paranoid.

This discussion has been held elsewhere but I will give a short version here. T-Cell Alpha has helped in righting the bodybuilding forum, to a degree. There are still off topics in the body building forum but it has lessoned since the creation of the t-cell.

Why? Maybe it was a sharp reminder that this site is about body building. Maybe, some of the newer posters see that they and their advice is being read, considered, and remembered…which could lead to inclusion in Alpha. Maybe. But the anti-bodybuilding/muscle has, in my opinion, been reduced. So, regardless of the success of any thread or intent of Alpha, there has been success from its creation.

" I said the same damn thing in a post awhile back on the bodybuilding forums and it sparked a hissy fit. This in turn started a bunch of bitching from the whiniest of members and started the T-cell “alpha”. "

So, is this the crux of your point?

Maybe it has to do with expectation, so I’ll address it as that.

What did you think would happen?

You go on a bodybuilding site and rail against one of the axioms that it was found upon, and were not well recieved.

Seems appropriate to me.

Here’s another guess- When you use “hissy fit”, " bunch of bitching" and “whinniest members” to deliver your follow up, it’s going to go badly.

Don’t be surprised.

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:
not pleasant to be excluded because of how you are perceived,is it?

What a totally delicious irony.[/quote]

Happens to black people all the time…ironic that they’d (X) then embrace it.

Ironic that apartheid practitioners would be in favor of excusionary practuces on this board, yet relished it in their home country. Talk about irony…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
Someone has developed a persecution complex…not pleasant to be excluded because of how you are perceived,is it?

What a totally delicious irony.

He’s paranoid.[/quote]

What the heck, you got 4 years before getting a well deserved boot.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1640333

“Sometimes shit just happens and our minds simply fill in the blanks to comfort us…or to simply give us more shit to think about to keep us occupied.” LOL!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
not pleasant to be excluded because of how you are perceived,is it?

What a totally delicious irony.

Happens to black people all the time…ironic that they’d (X) then embrace it.

Ironic that apartheid practitioners would be in favor of excusionary practuces on this board, yet relished it in their home country. Talk about irony…

[/quote]

I cannot even follow your posts any more they are so twisted around.

Headhunter,

each time I see your name in a thread I think of personnal attack, pedophilia and racism. Sad but true. And I don’t think I’m the only one.

Also seems to me that ever since your infamous thread and being kicked out of T-Cell Alpha you are acting like a complete a**hole.

(Wait, I just remembered I can block you…)

But anyways, for the others sake I would leave the forums or at least try to change your attitude. It’s not fun for anybody.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
It is NOT elitist to vote someone out of a forum if they come in and stir up shit. It IS elitist if you bar someone before they evne posted in the GODDAMN thing.[/quote]

If you didn’t want to be there in the first place, I don’t see what the problem is.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
That’s because most people realize that while everyone in that forum may not specifically be bodybuilding (since some are powerlifters or whatever), the goal is to keep posts AGAINST bodybuilding out of that forum.[/quote]

Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Whether you are a “bodybuilder”, powerlifter, or compete in some athletic sport or event, the goals should remain fairly similar: To be as strong and as muscular as needed to achieve your goals and to keep bodyfat levels in check.

[quote]There was no need to jump into that thread and tell him that competing isn’t a qualification to be called a “bodybuilder” because several people jumped in and wrote not to go down that road again.

We’ve had that discussion…too many damn times to count. If you are walking around with 20" arms and 30" quads, you call yourself whatever you damn well please whether you jumped on stage or not. Most would still consider you a “bodybuilder”.[/quote]

I can agree with that even though my original post specifically said that you are not a bodybuilder unless you compete. But if you have the looks and don’t compete (but easily could), then you could still be a “bodybuilder.”

Also see my follow-up response in that forum.

It’s okay that Professor X and I disagree on the definition of a bodybuilder. It’s what keeps the forum from being nothing more than a carbon copy of other forums or only focused on one thing. However, the goal is to build more muscle, more strength and less fat whether the goal is bodybuilding or something else.

[quote]Is that what the OP wanted to hear?

Further, at this point, if you don’t like that forum, then quit clicking on it.

Case solved.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
I looked at the thread in question and I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Every post after NateDogg’s refers to his and not starting that discussion again.

That’s because most people realize that while everyone in that forum may not specifically be bodybuilding (since some are powerlifters or whatever), the goal is to keep posts AGAINST bodybuilding out of that forum. That forum is not for rock climbing. It is for building muscle and/or dropping body fat, something Nate’s posts have been about in that forum.

There was no need to jump into that thread and tell him that competing isn’t a qualification to be called a “bodybuilder” because several people jumped in and wrote not to go down that road again.

We’ve had that discussion…too many damn times to count. If you are walking around with 20" arms and 30" quads, you call yourself whatever you damn well please whether you jumped on stage or not. Most would still consider you a “bodybuilder”.

Why would someone take one random post and try to hold that against everyone in an entire forum? Nate’s wrong. I disagree with Nate.

Is that what the OP wanted to hear?

Further, at this point, if you don’t like that forum, then quit clicking on it.

Case solved.[/quote]

Oh I agree and I’ve read some of those previous threads. I was mainly commenting on the fact that the OP seemed to be all bent out of shape about Nate’s post and the fact that nobody had commented on it, when that clearly wasn’t true. There were several posts about it.

It was like the OP saw Nate’s post, got pissed, and then spent a few hours writing his post without bothering to check the thread again to see that people had actually commented on it.

It seems like he has an ax to grind with Nate, the members of the T-Cell, and T-Nation in general.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:
not pleasant to be excluded because of how you are perceived,is it?

What a totally delicious irony.

Happens to black people all the time…ironic that they’d (X) then embrace it.

Ironic that apartheid practitioners would be in favor of excusionary practuces on this board, yet relished it in their home country. Talk about irony…

[/quote]

oh god here we go… again…

rubbing forehead

[quote]Chickenmcnug wrote:
And your post smacks strongly of not having read my post. I said that these shenanigans could have been avoided by identifying the forum topics more accurately, and having useful moderators.[/quote]

Once again, you haven’t read all the relevant threads that led to the creation of the Cell.

Your insight isn’t all that new. Next time (just a suggestion), you would be better off “patrolling” the forums a little more before deciding to drop any gems like this on us.