Bodybuilding and Fast Food

If there was a fast food joint that provided healthy, bodybuilding style meals for a relatively low price and under 2-3 minutes… Would you guys eat at it ? Mind you this would be a drive thru and a sit down.

you mean like Chipolte or Panera Bread?

Chipotle/Panera is not cheap.

OP, I don’t get your question. If it’s ‘healthy’ and ‘bodybuilding-style’ as you call it, why wouldn’t you eat it…

yes. but it probably doesn’t have the potential to be healthy and cheap.

unless it was like shakes and beef jerky

TBH… I don’t think chipotle and panera bread are all that healthy and I don’t think panera bread is all over the country like Chipotle is.

And as stated above… they are not THAT cheap.

BK has a grilled chicken salad.

Wendy’s has grilled chicken salad and a Cobb Salad.

KFC has grilled chicken breasts and you can get some kind of vegetable side

Any of those places you can ask for extra chicken for a couple bucks.

Local supermarket most of the time will have rotisserie chicken (or half chicken) and premade salad or vegetables.

You can get any number of meals to go from regular chain restaurants (Crapplebees, etc). In a pinch, not bad, and quick if you call ahead.

All last week in Toronto, I found a Greek place that had a ‘greek chicken dinner’ which was 6-8oz chicken(souvlaki) and 2 sides, which for me was cucumber greek salad (cuckes, tomatoes, feta, etc) and rice. I got to extra skewers of chicken (souvlaki). I got some tzatziki with it. $15 canadian and I was full. Ate it every day. When I go back, I will eat it every day for lunch again.

Then, dinner at “Swiss Chalet” walking back from the gym. I stop in at take out, get 1/2 chicken, potato, and vegetable. Like $17 or something. Takes 10 mins from order to pickup.

If you like salt flavored salt with extra salt, go to Panera.

I eat the triple from wendy’s after my workouts, sometimes two of them with a large chilly if its leg day and I’m hungry. Eat things with a lot of protein in them, a few slices of bread and a few grams of sugar won’t hurt you, specially if it is after you train.

Panera not cheap? My meal costs $8, compare that to a fast food joint… seriously, i don’t go to typical fast food joints, but I can’t imagine them being that much cheaper

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Panera not cheap? My meal costs $8, compare that to a fast food joint… seriously, i don’t go to typical fast food joints, but I can’t imagine them being that much cheaper[/quote]

Dude, Panera is cardio chick food. You get 3 oz of salmon, soup/salad, a piece of bread and 500g of salt :wink:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Panera not cheap? My meal costs $8, compare that to a fast food joint… seriously, i don’t go to typical fast food joints, but I can’t imagine them being that much cheaper[/quote]

Dude, Panera is cardio chick food. You get 3 oz of salmon, soup/salad, a piece of bread and 500g of salt ;)[/quote]

why the hate on salt bro, it ain’t bad anyways.

besides, I always get the same thing, not that it’s BB food grilled turkey and cheese sandwich and a cookie 1100 calories :wink:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Dude, Panera is cardio chick food. You get 3 oz of salmon, soup/salad, a piece of bread and 500g of salt ;)[/quote]

besides, I always get the same thing, not that it’s BB food grilled turkey and cheese sandwich and a cookie 1100 calories ;)[/quote]

Not that salt is bad, but they use sooooo much! I’m just used to taste.

With all that “Wheat Belly” talk, I thought you’d be picketing Panera!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

besides, I always get the same thing, not that it’s BB food grilled turkey and cheese sandwich and a cookie 1100 calories ;)[/quote]

With all that “Wheat Belly” talk, I thought you’d be picketing Panera![/quote]

no way, love Panera too much to do such a thing

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

With all that “Wheat Belly” talk, I thought you’d be picketing Panera![/quote]

I dont salt anything on any of my own cooking, I use lots of herbs and ect. So when a restaurant or some other place puts a ton on I notice right away and hate it.

Eating out will never be that cheap compared to the volume you can make by yourself. Thats the main thing that stops me from eating out

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
BK has a grilled chicken salad.

Wendy’s has grilled chicken salad and a Cobb Salad.

KFC has grilled chicken breasts and you can get some kind of vegetable side

Any of those places you can ask for extra chicken for a couple bucks.

Local supermarket most of the time will have rotisserie chicken (or half chicken) and premade salad or vegetables.

You can get any number of meals to go from regular chain restaurants (Crapplebees, etc). In a pinch, not bad, and quick if you call ahead.

All last week in Toronto, I found a Greek place that had a ‘greek chicken dinner’ which was 6-8oz chicken(souvlaki) and 2 sides, which for me was cucumber greek salad (cuckes, tomatoes, feta, etc) and rice. I got to extra skewers of chicken (souvlaki). I got some tzatziki with it. $15 canadian and I was full. Ate it every day. When I go back, I will eat it every day for lunch again.

Then, dinner at “Swiss Chalet” walking back from the gym. I stop in at take out, get 1/2 chicken, potato, and vegetable. Like $17 or something. Takes 10 mins from order to pickup.

If you like salt flavored salt with extra salt, go to Panera.[/quote]

All of that is low quality shit. I’m trying to do something where everything is organic/grass fed/omega3 eggs…etc AND fast. The Chicken/Meat/Fish is all high quality here, along with the grains and vegetables you get with the meal. I feel like this could be a great idea, I just need to figure out the pricing. This is something I really want to do and know I can do it.

[quote]JerryRicePwns wrote:
All of that is low quality shit. I’m trying to do something where everything is organic/grass fed/omega3 eggs…etc AND fast. The Chicken/Meat/Fish is all high quality here, along with the grains and vegetables you get with the meal. I feel like this could be a great idea, I just need to figure out the pricing. This is something I really want to do and know I can do it.[/quote]

The problem with that is you will never have a place that is CHEAP like a fast food place, and have it be organic and grass fed. The other problem is that things like real chicken, meat, and fish don’t hold up well for awhile under a heating lamp, it all needs to be made fresh because it will taste like dried out crap if it sits for awhile. This makes running a fast food place with this kind of food very hard to do.

As far as more healthy food in a hurry, if you order the right things boston market is pretty decent, and has a drive thru just like any other fast food places. Muscle maker grill is also good and fast, but isn’t quite so common around the country I believe. Chipotle is pretty good too, if you are cutting out wheat and don’t want the tortillas, you can order a bowl with beans and meat and veggies, not bad in my opinion.

bodybuilding pts and fast food scores are well correlated

franchise one of these: http://www.musclemakergrill.com/

Problem solved.

If there was a fast food joint that provided healthy, bodybuilding style meals for a relatively low price and under 2-3 minutes… Would you guys eat at it ? Mind you this would be a drive thru and a sit down. [/quote]

good quality, cheap food that is quick? who wouldt eat there?

The problem is that its not really possible. If it was it would already be done.

[quote]gregron wrote:

If there was a fast food joint that provided healthy, bodybuilding style meals for a relatively low price and under 2-3 minutes… Would you guys eat at it ? Mind you this would be a drive thru and a sit down. [/quote]

good quality, cheap food that is quick? who wouldt eat there?

The problem is that its not really possible. If it was it would already be done.[/quote]

What’s considered cheap?

I can get a huge plate of high quality chicken/beef, rice, potatoes and salad for $10.

edit: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/snap_a_pic_of_your_plate?id=3964720&pageNo=21

My 4th post on that page

^^ $10 wouldn’t be considered cheap. The OP said that Chipotle wasn’t cheap and that’s less than $10.