Bodybuilding After a Long Break

Hey CT,
First of all, it’s my first post so I just wanted to say thank you for all your great article and amazing help!

To the topic:
About a year ago, I had a motorcycle accident. Before the accident I was training for about 3 years. I’m interested to start training again (I didn’t train since the accident).
My question is what program should I choose? I really like the template you gave in the article “6 ways to reach your genetic potential” and the program you created and someone posted in the topic “Power Building 4 day split” (I’m talking about the 5 day split for every major movement), or I should just take a program with Linear progression.

Just wanted to hear your opinion.
Thanks again CT!

[quote]Roco wrote:
Hey CT,
First of all, it’s my first post so I just wanted to say thank you for all your great article and amazing help!

To the topic:
About a year ago, I had a motorcycle accident. Before the accident I was training for about 3 years. I’m interested to start training again (I didn’t train since the accident).
My question is what program should I choose? I really like the template you gave in the article “6 ways to reach your genetic potential” and the program you created and someone posted in the topic “Power Building 4 day split” (I’m talking about the 5 day split for every major movement), or I should just take a program with Linear progression.

Thanks again CT![/quote]

Right now the key is just learning to train again. No need for a very advanced program and certainly not one with a pre-planned progression. Find a program that is appealing to you because right now the most important thing after 3 years off is to regain your passion for training as well as the habit of going regularly to the gym and if you pick a program that appeals to you, you are more likely to succeed in these two things.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]Roco wrote:
Hey CT,

To the topic:

Thanks again CT![/quote]

Right now the key is just learning to train again. No need for a very advanced program and certainly not one with a pre-planned progression. Find a program that is appealing to you because right now the most important thing after 3 years off is to regain your passion for training as well as the habit of going regularly to the gym and if you pick a program that appeals to you, you are more likely to succeed in these two things.[/quote]

Thank you very much CT!