Bodybuilders Shrink or Illusion?

now besides being built like a fucking tank, is it me or is johnnie jackson smaller then he used to be? looks awesom here anyhow, them traps are gonna swallow his head

Personally, the camera angle and shot type have a lot to do with the appearance.
For ex, in the photos taken by the fans, bodybuilders look massive, but in a professional footage, they look not as massive.
Just a thought.

He’s been doing more strength sports lately I thought. But I did hear that he’s training with Branch a little bit more often and is planning to get a Mr. O qualification.

Sooo fucking small man…

Is this post serious? I have that video. That is just before a contest…one that he did good at. How does he look small to you here? That is from his most recent video (I think as I haven’t seen a new one since that one) and he was larger there than in the past.

In that one video he goes from off season powerlifter weight to bodybuilding contest shape. He was gigantic before dieting down.

Microscopic.

I’d have to say that the persistent “below eye level” camera angle makes Jonnie’s head look big…so the rest of his body looks smaller proportionally. Course, it goes without saying he’s a goddamned tank.

He looked like a house in the training vid with Kroc which is a handful of months old(last summer?) so… ok.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Microscopic.[/quote]

teensy weensy

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Microscopic.[/quote]

teensy weensy [/quote]

Sub-atomic

Small compared to the trailer trash dudes working out behind him?

How come his stomach sticks out so much when he is relaxed?

That guy doesn’t even look like he lifts… psh.

[quote]CapitaineEvident wrote:
How come his stomach sticks out so much when he is relaxed?[/quote]

Lol.

You are all idiots.

The title of the video includes BFTO 2006.

BTFO = Battle For the Olympia.

It’s 2010. Johnnie boy has put on quite a bit of mass in the last 4 years.
He REALLY blew up and put on a lot of size in 2007. Since this video was filmed (or around the same time) he also took his Deadlift from about 585X3 to 765X2.

While in this case Johnnie is obviously close to a contest and is “on” there is a big difference between when a bodybuilder is “on” and when they are not “on” if you catch my drift. I’m talking about drugs.

Here’s Jay Cutler after he took a long break from lifting and steroids once he won the Mr. O. It’s December 09 here. For him, he is small.

Here’s Jay Cutler only 1 MONTH later after getting back on a cycle and starting to train seriously for the 2010 Arnold.

You can see the massive difference in his traps, shoulders, and overall width and thickness. The guy looks like he’s gained over a pound a day since we last saw him in December. A pound a day! If you’re reading this there’s a good chance you don’t gain over a pound a month.

(1) Competitive bodybuilders are not at their biggest year round.
(2) Competitive bodybuilders are not in their best conditioning year round.
(3) Sometimes, people post videos on Youtube that were not filmed 5 minutes ago.

If you want to see another stark example, go look at Branch Warren’s videos over at Muscular Development. In one video he trains back and he’s just gotten back from a long vacation with no drugs or lifting or eating big. Like Jay, within just a month he throws on a ton of pure muscle and leans out. It’s amazing what muscle memory, drugs, heavy weights, and years of experience can do for you.

I’m an idiot, Fighting scott?

You’re not a nice boy, at all.

I’m getting on my short bus and going home!

Constipation.

Really though, he just has huge abdominals.

Who posted the video of a 15 year old girl pretending to be johnnie jackson??? Didn’t she just beat up some chick in a bus station?

[quote]Mettahl wrote:

Constipation.

Really though, he just has huge abdominals.[/quote]

Wait…so humans exist whose stomachs do NOT stick out when completely relaxed?

And I mean BESIDES humans that have been starved to near death.

I am willing to bet “captainEvident’s” stomach sticks out when completely relaxed making the question really fucking strange.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Mettahl wrote:

Constipation.

Really though, he just has huge abdominals.[/quote]

Wait…so humans exist whose stomachs do NOT stick out when completely relaxed?

And I mean BESIDES humans that have been starved to near death.

I am willing to bet “captainEvident’s” stomach sticks out when completely relaxed making the question really fucking strange.[/quote]

Also, isn’t the fact that he handles some serious weight, have an effect on your midsection, also?