Bodybuilder Themed Podcasts

Due to my moving to new digs, I will be spending considerably more time in my car commuting to and from work each day. I’ve never been a pod-cast guy, but I figured if I can find a few interesting shows or episodes, it’ll help me kill some time, keep topics fresh in my head (I’m always rereading certain books and texts for this purpose), and help me stay focused on topics that I can alays bring to the table with clients, seminars etc.

I posted this in the BBing forum, because I’m not looking for funny or just entertaining stuff. There are a few episodes of different shows I already DLed to my phone the other night that I’ve listened to, and some are just of such low quality that it’s a real chore to listen through it even if I’m a fan of the particular guest they’ve got on.

So what’ve you guys got?!

S

Layne Norton’s podcasts are my favorite.

I’m interested in the same topic. anything about strength/conditioning/bodybuilding. Going to have an hour and a half round trip commute when I move this summer.

check out PED radio. Deals a lot with the dark side, so I dunno if it’d be up your alley, Stu, but there’s some really knowledgeable people talking about a lot of really in depth nutrition and training stuff.

Interviews with some pretty awesome people too.

I’ve found a few different ones, mostly by searching topics and/or individuals I’d be interested in hearing discuss various topics, but the only one I DLed quite a few of is by Guru Performance, called “We Do Science.” The host is English (spacing on his name at the moment), and they’re tied somehow to the ISSN, so for those very interested in evidence based research, albeit with a healthy does of real life applications, I suggest checking them out. They’re certainly helping me nerd-out a bit on my long rides home each evening.

S

Iron Radio (Lowery, Fortney, Phil). Extensive archives so you can listen to ones that interest you and/or seem more scientific in nature.

Blue Collar Radio (Starnes and Meadows)

Lonnie Lowery talks a lot on IR about a podcast called “Science Friday”

The Iron Radio archives should be your first stop, Stu. Good blend of experience and science, and they’ve had on everyone who’s anyone as a guest.

They still do a show every week, but the archives should get you through the whole year at 2-3 a week (I’m a 2-3 podcast a day guy myself most days, so you might be able to get through faster than that)

Its a great show and the guys are fun to listen in on.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
The Iron Radio archives should be your first stop, Stu. Good blend of experience and science, and they’ve had on everyone who’s anyone as a guest.

They still do a show every week, but the archives should get you through the whole year at 2-3 a week (I’m a 2-3 podcast a day guy myself most days, so you might be able to get through faster than that)

Its a great show and the guys are fun to listen in on.[/quote]

Alright, I DLed a whole bunch of 'em yesterday. Figured I’d start off with an older one featuring our own Chris Shugert, and now about halfway through Bill Pearl (definitely cool, I loved his autobiography).

I remember hearing (knowing?) that Lowery had a show, but that was so long ago, I always knew that I wouldn’t have time to get into listening with only limited time in the car.

Guess this is the upside to now living much further from where I work.

S

Super human radio
Geard up

Just stumbled across Chris Dufey’s Fat Loss Pro Podcast. Meadows,Milos,Layne,Shelby,St Pierre,and Scott Stevenson have all been on recently.

Also if you are trying to get your science on, applied muscle science is a good one.

Blue Collar Muscle Radio w/ Shelby Starnes; John Meadows used to co-host in past years, but no longer contributes. But those old ones are gold.

Preparing for a long trip out to CA, these are great podcasts! Thanks for posting!

Also, found a good looking one by Ben Pakulski, featuring some great interviews with Dr. Jacob Wilson, Meadows and others.

Bulletproof executive has some really interesting ones on enhancing health and performance