Bodybuilder: Low Total Test, High Free Test?

@KSman @blshaw @roba2686

New blood test results just came back in, here are the results:

FSH 2m(IU)/ml-----(0-14) standard range
LH 3m(IU)/ml-----(0-14)
Estradiol 34 pg/ml-----(0-47)
Prolactin 6ng/ml-----(0-14)
TT 3.7 ng/ml-----(2.2-7.8)
SHBG 22 nmol/L-----(13-90)
FT 87 pg/ml-----(30-140)

They also tested SHBG on its own and somehow got another number of:
25 nmol/L-----(13-90)

To my interpretation my FSH and LH seem very low. My E2 seems very high. TT seems low (especially for being an active 27 year old with great diet and exercise. SHBG seems very low as well.

What do you guys think. I apologize for asking your help but from all my research, and speaking with my doctors no one knows what to do.

Low a FSH with continually low LH is indicative of secondary hypo. However, your TT is in range and so is free T. Doubtful without more tests showing continued low T that you will get a doc to do anything. A men’s clinic could make you more optimal but only if you want to risk sides of long term TRT for it.

SHBG in the 20s is ok FYI. If you go on a TRT it means you have to spread out your dose for more frequent injections.

I really appreciate your insight. It’s been a difficult time trying to ascertain what to do. I actually had my first doctor write me a prescription for 100mg a week of cyp but I have not used it. I was concerned that my E2 being high and LH and FSH being low that something more wrong was going on.

You can try 0.25mg anastrozole twice a week or 0.5mg/week in EOD dosing.
E2 should drop, you want lower 20’s. Then HPTA should improve.

Did you read the things that damage your hormone sticky?
Drugs, Rx and OTC can reduce E2 clearance.
Labs for AST/ALT can indicate some liver problems. -see labs suggested earlier.

SHBG is good.

So you have good energy levels or plow on with adrenalin?

I will give that a try, I read that in my case anastrozole will be more beneficial for what I am needing than tamoxifen; though I have read good things about Clomiphene (minus the mood you get from using it).

From what I can ascertain from research it sounds like 15-22 pg/mL is the sweet spot numbers wise, so I will be shooting for the low 20’s like you mentioned (especially because I want to keep libido, and other E2 related functions).

I have not read things that damage your hormones sticky, but will do so now (though I dont take any other drugs, RX, or OTC’s).

On my next blood test I will have them check AST/ALT for liver problems.

My energy levels are low at best (and this is with a very sharp diet, good sleep (8+ nightly), and normal cardio and aerobic exercise)

@KSman @blshaw

Ok. I just got my new test results back. Here are where I stand now.

TT: 624 (332-896)
E2: 28 (0-56)
LH: 0.5 (2.0-12.0)
FSH: 0.8 (1.0-12.0)

My doctor wasnt worried about my LH and FSH levels, and I am no Endo but it seems low (being that both are under 1.0).

What are your guys thoughts?