Bodybuilder Dating? Where Do You Meet People?

I’m equally confused as to what made people think this was a troll. Figured I might just be bad at spotting what trolling is.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m with flip and yogi on this. She started a training log, too. I don’t think there’s any troll going on here, just a new member who has had difficulty finding people that fit her dating preference and came to…well, a place that would have those people. Let’s all take a chill pill, welcome a new member to the forum, and maybe gently let her know that this site (while it can be a good place for dating advice) is probably not the place to actually “meet someone” (for various reasons…long time forum veterans know why we have no DM’s).

I will also note that there is nothing preventing someone from posting their own public identity and inviting people to contact them through other means (Facebook, IG, etc). I’ve “connected” with a couple of TN members through other social media because I don’t really hide my identity here and they don’t either, so it wasn’t hard to find them.

1 Like

I’m have not been around the boards as long as some of you, SAMA predates me, but I too have to second this. The way this thread developed is weird.

Plus, OP’s training log could be very interesting, so I think it best not to chase her away.

@blondebombshell79, I hope that you do stick around, as your log and experience would be an interesting addition from a training standpoint.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Thank you

Blonde, I also live in a rural area. I like it though as it’s peace and quiet out in the country. My gym is a 30 min drive away. It’s not too bad with some good music going in the car. A bit of Tina Turner always gets me riled for a good session lol. I’m also interested in following your log.

I think what we’ve learned here is that everyone should just listen to me.

3 Likes

Along these lines, the best way to reach out and touch someone would be to fill in the About Me section of your profile, not posting e-mail addresses as a reply in a thread.

I am with @EmilyQ on this one. Too many inconsistencies.

But again, BBS should post away, flirting or not. I don’t have a problem with any single bit of it, I just want the guys to be cautious. Relationships have formed on these boards in the past, and more power to the people involved. I didn’t mean to spend six posts attacking her.

Just exercise a healthy degree of caution is all I ask.

Not in this thread, but in the cycle log, when asked for before pic. to create before/after comparison the response was “I’m not good at taking pics” or something to that effect.

When in the last decade have you heard a woman say that? We know from posts above she has at least an IPhone, so it’s not for lack of ability on the phones part.

On the other hand, when was the last time you’ve seen someone trolling or just being a tool refuse to post a pic?

Not that this alone is enough for me to call troll, but in the overall impression it is enough for me to have some doubt.

Then there’s the approach. *Hi. I’m a lonely blond bombshell bodybuilder woman looking for men. Who wants to take it private? *

I can’t see that happening in any real sense or scenario. Might be my own cynicism and incredulity holding me back there, but it definitely raises the Caveat Emptor flag. :triangular_flag_on_post:

So, those are my red flags. She or he or what ever could be perfectly legit though.

As an addendum, Megsquats on YouTube has done a couple of pieces on her channel about women and anabolics in conjunction with a competitive female power lifter.

1 Like

2 Likes

Tina Turner! :rofl:

Sorry I’m not an Instagram Queen.
I will post pictures. What I meant by “I’m not good at it” was I never think to take pics of myself. I work, train, have a child and a life. I don’t think of I’m going to take half naked pics of myself for no reason.

However I do take a weekly photos for my coach. I’m not posting thong pics on here.

Never accused you of being an Instagram queen or asked for anything revealing.

Plenty of people, myself included have established identity and credibility on this site without being too revealing.

This is your own reason. You’re the one that wants to go private. Don’t act like that was someone else’s idea.

it is 100% understandable to me that a person would not be interested in posting photos in a cycle log that is publicly viewable.

and plenty of women, real women, say exactly the same thing when they just don’t want to take a picture of themselves for men who are demanding pictures. Women do not always appreciate that particular demand.

3 Likes

Whoa, forum director is getting risqué.

2 Likes

I get that too. Guys can sometimes act like a troop of howler monkeys, especially on the net, but as Chris often points out, there are hosting sites, editing software, etc. And the pics don’t necessarily have to be overly revealing to show development/difference.

It’s no sweat to me either way. I was just positing what my doubts were and possibly why others may think the same.

Still not outright calling troll. Could just be an awkward approach. Can’t fault people for that.