Bodybuilder Dating? Where Do You Meet People?

All this talk about trolls is making it really hard to concentrate enough to get a good boner pic to post.

Or that someone is real. I always appreciated Pushharder’s occasional posting of his laptop perched on the ass of an impossibly beautiful woman, with TNation showing on the screen. Given his too-good-to-be-true stories, it helped establish legitimacy. Not that legitimacy is strictly necessary, but it is nice to see it sometimes.

I’m at work.IMG_0500

Edit: this is NOT meant to be “a good boner pic.” lol

1 Like

Certainly enjoyed reading this today.

For what it’s worth, I’ve made personal contact with several other posters on TN and the thread didn’t blow up with vitriol. But, they were dudes, so I guess we have a double standard.

The query was if anyone wanted to chat. It wasn’t, “Hey, anybody want to take this private.” I was up after yoga training and saw no harm in chatting with a fellow aficionado of iron and AAS. Hardly the nefarious scenario it has been made out to be. Certainly there wasn’t an uproar when @yogi and @flipcollar met up in Scotland, or when I went to watch @robstein compete in Manhattan, or when a group met up at Bev’s in Syosset.

I didn’t accuse the OP of trolling, but offered an opinion that “something might be rotten in the state of Denmark (my apologies to the Danes)” based on a few observations. It appears my opinion was wrong.

Unfortunately I wasn’t around for the SAMA debacle, it sounds like fun times.

I’m not in a freezer, and this whole deal is a lot more innocent than many of you make it out to be.

As usual, I’ll default to my regular advice - everybody breathe.

3 Likes

You might be underestimating your audience.

2 Likes

Hey! We’re getting both legs this time!

I photoshopped it in, lol.

1 Like

What if I told you… I know Count Rockula.

EDIT: was he before your time or do you know who I’m talking about?

2 Likes

Before my time I believe. Or at least I didn’t get around much. Been here since December of 2014, still a newb.

man, that’s wild. I can’t believe he’s been gone so long.

There was a thing with Ct Rockula and DarkNinjaa. A bunch of people were convinced they were the same person, and that both were just trolls, fake personalities at best. Rock described himself as a 300+ lbs black dude, and an aspiring professional wrestler in training, a very unique character on TNation. DarkNinjaa was a very opinionated female. Anyway. I came across Ct Rock in the real world in about 2013-2014. Figured out who he was (it wasn’t that hard to make the connection), and one day just asked him hey… did you used to post as ct rockula on tnation? and he did. that was fun.

1 Like

I just read that thread, surreal for sure.

Did I miss something?

I’m not sure. Did you see Pushharder’s laptop perched on the ass of an impossibly beautiful woman, with TNation showing on the screen? If not, then yes, you missed something.

2 Likes

Pushharder was the original Dan Blizeran. Still sad he left due to fighting over something as trivial as 20 character minimum.

Dear lord I must have missed a wild time before I hopped onto this forum…

You underestimate the allure of a fine cable knot sweater.

What?!? Thats all it was?

Push was awesome

Blonde how old are you? from the ‘79’ you’re 40?

A lot depends on where you are in life and what you are looking for

…marriage reasonably soon …or just dating/10 dates with some sex and nice dinners etc

I’m 39. I won’t even consider marriage. It’s a Never for me.

Went out with a really cool guy two weeks ago. Sadly, he brings up marriage 3 times on a first date. Tells me I’ll feel differently in the right relationship. Said I believed our life plans would not work. Left the date before dessert. Never called him again.

I want someone I’m attracted too, I connect with and can work out with. I prefer we are in somewhat the same income bracket. I’m open to co-habitation in the future. But it would take a very long time for me. 5-10 years for me to make that commitment. I need someone confident. I don’t need to text or talk all day. Or see them every night. I travel a lot for one of my hobbies. That hobby will come before them. My daughter will come before them. Insecurity and clingy or questions on why I didn’t respond to a message fast enough is unacceptable.

I don’t have problems finding dates. I have talked with 100’s of men online. Lots of offers. Only a couple I was maybe interested in. But I don’t make it through soup before I know I should leave the table.

Because I don’t believe in it. I believe marriage was created for a different time when women had different needs. At creation it’s was never about romantic love. It was about social structure. And survival for women with no rights. Or ability to earn a survival wage. To me it is nothing more then a property agreement. That I will spilt all of my belongings with you upon our separation. And share everything while married. I’m very unattached. I don’t live life with expectations of forever. If a relationship doesn’t fit your needs, you should leave after an appropriate time and effort. I was married for 11 years. I knew at less than a year that we were incompatible. I stayed for 10 years for my child. I faked 9 years of being happy. Therapy for 4 years before I chose to leave. I’m very capable of commitment. Even when I live everyday with someone who I don’t want to be with.

Ideally, if I met someone who never wanted to live together. I’d be ecstatic! Sleep overs 2-3 days a week. Then have our own space to live life the other days would be great.

Yowwwzer, contradiction city batman! Some of that very mature and some like an entitled teenager.
I’m sure Emily and others into their psych stuff are going to have a field day :ghost:

Well good you have clarity about marriage but other than that you need to narrow down what you’re looking for and what is realistic

1 Like