Body Types

How do you know what kind of -orph (or whatever is at the end of them) body type you are?

google it.

They’re called somatotypes.

If you’re a skinny guy, bones and skin, ectomorph. If you’re a fat round slob, endomorph. If you’re a mesomorph, you have an athletic physique. It’s not that hard usually, just look at the mirror.

[quote]Zerpp wrote:
If you’re a skinny guy, bones and skin, ectomorph. If you’re a fat round slob, endomorph. If you’re a mesomorph, you have an athletic physique. It’s not that hard usually, just look at the mirror.[/quote]

I have an athletic body type, visible abs, but not cut by any means…soooooooo

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]Zerpp wrote:
If you’re a skinny guy, bones and skin, ectomorph. If you’re a fat round slob, endomorph. If you’re a mesomorph, you have an athletic physique. It’s not that hard usually, just look at the mirror.[/quote]

I have an athletic body type, visible abs, but not cut by any means…soooooooo[/quote]
So you should lift things up and put them down for a few years.

Why do you want to know? Will it change the way you train?

I wouldn’t put too much stock into that crap. The theory was devised by a psychologist.

Theres nothing wrong with knowing more about yourself and your particular body type.

We are the same, but different.

Your somatotype will effect how you should train and eat to a certain extent.

Sit around in a large public area and simply observe all of the different people.

I would recommend consulting mr. googles

[quote]Field wrote:

Sit around in a large public area and simply observe all of the different people.
[/quote]

Some people exercise. Some eat junk food all day. Some hardly eat at all.

Somatotypes are BS. Sheldon’s work isn’t even taken seriously by the scientific community.

I am of the opinion that it is possible to alter your ‘somatotype’ by altering your eating, sleeping, lifting and movement patterns.

I also think that to a large extent, your eating, sleeping, lifting and movement patterns when you’re young (pubescent)determine much of your somatotype in the first place. And that far too many young men are short-circuiting their development by trying to keep their abs visible for the bitches.

Farm-raised men aren’t big and strong for no damned reason.

And I ain’t fat for no reason.

Fun read on the topic: Chaos and Pain: *I'm a Hardgaining Ectomorph, and Stuart McRobert and a bunch of Other Pussies Say I Can't Lift Hard or Get Big! Whaaaaaa!

Lol you cant “Change your somatotype.” That shts hella stupid. Do harder smarter homework.

You can change your body composition and bone density through lifestyle yes, but how do you change your skeletal structure?

Take a random “mesomorph” skeleton, narrow the clavicles, lengthen the ribcage and widen the pelvic girdle, still meso? NOPE. This dude is gonna have to do serious work to try and have any kind of X-FRAYME physique.

Some skeletons are ‘bow-legged’, some are ‘knock knee’d’, some skeletons got bigger rib cages which will facilitate a longer digestive tract.

An ectomorph is someone whos pelvis, rib cage and clavicles are very close to the same width.

Why do different people respond differently to various diets?

Why do some people make good piano players while other people make good lumberjacks.

We can only become the best version of ourself and knowing your somatype want help you achieve the best version of yourself. As kakno said, lifting stuff up and down and putting food in your mouth will.

[quote]florelius wrote:
We can only become the best version of ourself and knowing your somatype want help you achieve the best version of yourself. As kakno said, lifting stuff up and down and putting food in your mouth will.

[/quote]

The OP was asking about bodytypes, people give him fallacious crap about how its just a bunch of “BS” and do squats and milk for long enough and you will have the most X rated X frame on the block, transforming your body from John Goodman to John Grimek. Science.

[quote]Field wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

The OP was asking about bodytypes, people give him fallacious crap about how its just a bunch of “BS” and do squats and milk for long enough and you will have the most X rated X frame on the block, transforming your body from John Goodman to John Grimek. Science.[/quote]

Please tell me how knowing ones somatype is going to put an extra inch on ones arm and 25pounds on ones sq, dl and bp?

Body types are an excuse for people to limit themselves. Its 90% fiction, 10% science. Everyone is skinny without lifting, and everyone is fat if they eat more calories than they burn. An extremely small amount is dictated by genetics.

[quote]florelius wrote:

Please tell me how knowing ones somatype is going to put an extra inch on ones arm and 25pounds on ones sq, dl and bp?[/quote]

thread car drifts off the road, hits tree and gets lodged in ditch

[quote]Field wrote:
Lol you cant “Change your somatotype.” That shts hella stupid. Do harder smarter homework.

You can change your body composition and bone density through lifestyle yes, but how do you change your skeletal structure?

Take a random “mesomorph” skeleton, narrow the clavicles, lengthen the ribcage and widen the pelvic girdle, still meso? NOPE. This dude is gonna have to do serious work to try and have any kind of X-FRAYME physique.

Some skeletons are ‘bow-legged’, some are ‘knock knee’d’, some skeletons got bigger rib cages which will facilitate a longer digestive tract.

An ectomorph is someone whos pelvis, rib cage and clavicles are very close to the same width.

Why do different people respond differently to various diets?

Why do some people make good piano players while other people make good lumberjacks.

[/quote]
Why do some people get big and strong and others just make a bunch of excuses?

Because some people practice lifting and some refine their skills at making excuses for their lack of progress.

If you eat, lift, and sleep in adequate amounts, you will get bigger and stronger. Endo, ecto, or meso, THAT rule remains the same.

And someone please explain how knowing your somatotype will help you in any way. What do you do differently?

[quote]Field wrote:
Theres nothing wrong with knowing more about yourself and your particular body type.

We are the same, but different.

Your somatotype will effect how you should train and eat to a certain extent.

I would recommend consulting mr. googles[/quote]

How would you train differently for each body type?