T Nation

Body Type/Frame Size?

Hi guys I just started working out this years, i have a couple questions regarding my body type. Most of the men on my dad’s side are big, tall and pretty built forearms my mothers side i only know of my grandpa who was a former army captian and he is medium height but his body is more frail, he’s not as wide and quite a bit thinner.

Now i am quite tall, ive asked my mother and her friends supposeldy commented on my frame (my back) being quite wide however my fingers and forearms are kinda of thin. Is this something that ill be stuck with for the rest of my life or will they grow later (i am currently 16). Thanks for the info in advance.

[quote]Coldkill3 wrote:
Hi guys I just started working out this years, i have a couple questions regarding my body type. Most of the men on my dad’s side are big, tall and pretty built forearms my mothers side i only know of my grandpa who was a former army captian and he is medium height but his body is more frail, he’s not as wide and quite a bit thinner. Now i am quite tall, ive asked my mother and her friends supposeldy commented on my frame (my back) being quite wide however my fingers and forearms are kinda of thin. Is this something that ill be stuck with for the rest of my life or will they grow later (i am currently 16). Thanks for the info in advance.[/quote]

Your only 16!! wether your interested in bodybuilding, powerlifting, or just working out to get bigger and stronger for your own health and what not, its all going to take TIME!!! just keep hitting the gym, lifting big weights, and eatin solid meals, your body will thank you in return! so dont get caught up in the genetics thing and what not…all you have to work with is yourself…so like i said, just go to the gym and lift! good luck

[quote] Coldkill3 wrote:
my back is wide but my fingers and forearms are thin. Is this something that ill be stuck with for the rest of my life or will they grow later [/quote]

Uh… I have no idea. I think puberty ends with guys at age 25, but I don’t know anyone whose gotten taller after their 20’s. I stopped growing at 16. Hope that helps.

I kept on growing up until 20. My hands and forearms seem like they are still getting thicker and more developed,(22 now). You just need to keep at it, heavy pulling(DL and/or OL), chins, rows, and squating and all that fun stuff.