Body transition help

Still losing weight, but too much LBM. Hoping that CT will chime in sometime :slight_smile:

This Friday’s measurement was:
218.5 @ 15.5% BF.

well, CT went to swolecat when he got ripped, and if I were you, that’s exactly what I’d do.

Are you still using the hand held body fat tester?? This could be your problem as these are very in accurate. Try to get a 7 site skinfold done. Also, try to check your stats at most every 2 weeks. Give your body sometime to adjust to a new eating plan. It might take 3-4 CONSISTANT weeks for your body to start changing the way in operates.

I agree with all that Boss said. The mirror, how your clothes fit, and maintaining your strength are going to be your best measures for progress.

To many variables that lead to inaccurate readings with the calipers. Water fluctuation, time of day, human error, etc.

Keep up the progress. If you feel to much LBM is being lost you should slow your rate of loss. Making sure you are in the 1-1 1/2lb a week range.

Phill

Thanks for the advice. Yes I’m still using the hand held bodyfat analyzer. The actual number might not be that close, but I think it is fairly accurate in tracking my changes. I can see some change in the mirror, but not huge changes. Also, I have been losing strength slowly.

Last week I averaged 2300 calories a day and I lost close to 2 lbs. Do you think I should bump that up a little bit more?

My starting weight was 235 at about 17.8% BF and that was several months ago so I’ve been going at it for awhile now…

This weeks stats:

218 @ 15.4% BF

So this week I averaged 2600 calories a day. My cardio for the week was all fasted state morning walks. I went 5 of the 7 days for 40 minutes each. I was really hoping this would make a difference but I still seemed to lose about half LBM and half fat. This week I will have to bring the calories back down a little bit since I only lost .5 lbs. I was shooting for 2400-2500, but the holiday weekend brought that up some.

The last 2 weeks have had a macronutrient breakdown of 50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fat. I wanted to try the low fat diet since the low carb diet wasn’t producing the results I wanted. So far I’m getting the same results (half of weight loss coming from LBM and half from fat).