Body Transformation Experiment

Sorry i didn’t realize how stupid people in the bodybuilding forum could be. I was sharing my program for anyone that might be looking for something new, that would work for both bulking or cutting. Sure I said advice was welcome, and if I would have got some good advice that would potentially lead me toward my goals, I would have taken it.

I wasn’t asking for advice on nutrtition, as I have already made my mind up about my weight. But Im sure you know my needs better than me. And me personally I would rather be in shape, than look like im in shape, even if it is going to decrease my “marketability”.

I think the biggest problem with the health and fitness industry, is people instantly relate low body fat to health. It doesn’t work that way. Also, the notion that any dude with big guns and a six pack must be knoledgeable is the biggest load of crap ever. Sure he must have done something right, but maybe anything would have worked, and his knowledge could be useless for everyone else.

Im not trying to look like every other gym rat out there. I’d rather let my knowledge and skills sell myself than my looks.

Thanks though stu, youve been most helpfull in helping me realize what I should do.

The question on everyone’s mind is, why would we want advice from someone who doesn’t look like he works out? You are either lazy or you don’t know what you are doing.

Lazy it is, then. Either way, nobody on this site is going to respect you.

Im not looking for respect. I was sharing the plan with others and was accepting solid advice.

Instead the usual trolls that are on here hijacked the thread and turned it into a personal attack on me. Luckily I dont care what they think at all.

If I want to remain 185-195lbs, why would I take advice from some idiot thats telling me im not fit, and I need to gain weight.

And to say im unsuccessful, unfit, and lazy, because i dont “look fit” shows how little people know. Big arms dont equal fit, a six-pack doesn’t equal fit, even squatting 600+lbs doesn’t equal fit.

In over 20 posts, nobody has even commented on the workout plan, or the fact that im willing to allow my weight to go up 10lbs during the process. Whatever though, theres no sense in debating this with people that seem to not know anything. Peace!

[quote]dankid wrote:

I think the biggest problem with the health and fitness industry, is people instantly relate low body fat to health. [/quote]

I seriously doubt that, although I think it’s safe to say that most people seeking a personal trainer need to adjust their routine so that they LOOK LIKE THEY’RE IN SHAPE.

I had an old friend who used to say that he’d much rather look like he can benchpress 500 lbs than actually be able to do it. Most people will NEVER EVER need to move that much weight in real life, nor have to run a 5 minute mile, or even produce any real evidence of being ‘fit’. However, ‘looking fit’ as you refer to it (low body fat, decent amount of lean body mass) is a pretty good indicator (baring REAL medical conditions of course) of being in shape, as no one accidently develops a respectable amount of muscle and low digit body fat without any sort of decent diet/routine with any degree of consistency.

What was I thinking?

S

Nobody needs to tell you, Stu, but I’ll say it anyways.

Amen.

To the OP. You not wanting to “look” fit, but “being fit” and allegedly having the knowledge, in your profession is like me going to an interview with a mutli-million dollar company who specializes in…say…stock trading wearing a band tee, shredded jeans and 5 year old sneaks. Add a nice 3 day old scruff and messed up hair.

Think they’ll hire me? Even if I could out perform any of their current employees?

Doubt it.

Your appearance is your #1 marketing tool. Unless you’ve built up a large client pool who’ve all had impressive results under you, you’re not going to get much business looking like you “don’t work out”.

People are going to listen to somebody who LOOKS fit. Whether it’s intelligent to do so or not. Think back to highschool days.

The kids who had all the muscles, had all the ears when it came to talking about lifting. You’d see people mimicking their routines, diets, supplements, all because they “looked fit”. Did they really know what they were doing? Probably no more than your average joe, BUT, it’s the appearance.

We understand that you want to say at your weight, but it’s DEFINITELY within the realm of possibility to change your body composition. If you’re soft, weak looking at 185lbs, then why not drop the soft, put on some lean mass and maybe gain 5-10lbs.

You seem very defensive, which is only going to make matters worse.

[quote]dankid wrote:
Not really, at <15% bf and my height, my waist is not big from a gut. Sure theres some fat there, but i do have large abs.

Also, when i took my measurements, i took them with the most accepted scientific methods. For legs and arms, they hung freely with no flexing. And for waist, it was takin after a normal expiration.

I know a lot of people beef up there measurements, by lying about their height, and doing whatever they can to make their measurements seem larger.

As ive said previously, i have absolutely no intention of going to 220. 195-200 may be likely, but im not going to bulk to get there.

If you look at some athletes with great bodies, my stats are similar. George st. pierre is 5’10" and weighs in at <170lbs. Thus he might walk around at 190 tops. Also, Josh Koscheck has the same stats.

The major difference between these guys physiques and mine is shoulder and arm development, and body fat. This is why a bulk would not help me in achieving my goals. If i were to gain 30-40 lbs, a small percentage of that would actually go to my arms and shoulders, and I would still have similar proportions, but be larger. Instead, Im doing a shoulder/arm specilization with increased calories, and allowing myself to gain up to 8-10 lbs, before i start cutting.

I understand this is the bodybuilding section, but this is the best area to post questions that do not relate to performance increases.

Thanks for your opinions though. When I reach 195, if im not happy with my development, then I will decide if I need to continue building.[/quote]

Going from 180lbs at 15%BF (which is a total of 27lbs leaving 153lbs LBM) to an athletes stats at 190lbs at say 10%BF (which is generous in your favour: would be 19lbs of fat and a LBM of 171lbs)

So you would have to put on 18lbs of muscle and lose 8lbs of fat.

This IS achieveable, much easier than the 70-80 i want to put on!
But you got some serious training on your hands to get there, there is no “i dont work too hard, as i dont wanna get too big” You work as hard as fucking possible, then some more - then stop when you know you are at 190lbs at 10% - i guarantee this will 1/ Take years and 2/ you wont want to stop if you do reach that goal. results are ADDICTIVE!! lol!

Good luck, i mean that.

Joe