T Nation

Body Hair and Razors

I always get razor burn from shaving my chest and shit. After the razor burn comes the bumps and ingrown hairs. How the f do you get ride of this stupid problem. Would womens shaving creme work better? Im about to just have the laser shit down.

[quote]sheriff1 wrote:
I always get razor burn from shaving my chest and shit. After the razor burn comes the bumps and ingrown hairs. How the f do you get ride of this stupid problem. Would womens shaving creme work better? Im about to just have the laser shit down. [/quote]

You shave your chest? perhaps this is not the place for you.

Exfoliate every 2-3 days with either an exfoliator or a loofah. And apply Tend Skin as directed.

barney.

“bodybuilders think tank”.

in order to bodybuild you have to shave.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
sheriff1 wrote:
I always get razor burn from shaving my chest and shit. After the razor burn comes the bumps and ingrown hairs. How the f do you get ride of this stupid problem. Would womens shaving creme work better? Im about to just have the laser shit down.

You shave your chest? perhaps this is not the place for you.[/quote]

Lots of guys shave their chests.

I find once the skin gets used to it it doesn’t break out as bad anymore.

I Nair it sometimes but that makes the skin sensitive for a while.

Just use beard clippers. No razor bumps.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
You shave your chest? perhaps this is not the place for you.[/quote]

Barney, barney… You can’t talk until you can grow some chest hair. When you grow a pelt, you would get sick of it pretty quick.

As for me, I just go with the grain, so to speak.

Use an electric hair trimmer to shave your chest/legs/etc, not a conventional razor. You won’t be able to tell the difference in the mirror, but your skin will.

[quote]texass wrote:
Exfoliate every 2-3 days with either an exfoliator or a loofah. And apply Tend Skin as directed.[/quote]

I use a loofah now. For a while I used some lotion to try to help out but I seem to break out more. Tried using OXY but my skin dried up. So what is Tend Skin?

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Use an electric hair trimmer to shave your chest/legs/etc, not a conventional razor. You won’t be able to tell the difference in the mirror, but your skin will.[/quote]

I think this would be next b4 laser. I heard that shit burns for a couple days. So Im trying to stay away from the giant laser beam.

When shaving the nether regions of my body, I use nivea after shave balm. I also use it on my face after shaving. The stuff seems to work really well. But Idon’t know how well it would work on a large area like the chest.

[quote]sheriff1 wrote:
texass wrote:
Exfoliate every 2-3 days with either an exfoliator or a loofah. And apply Tend Skin as directed.

I use a loofah now. For a while I used some lotion to try to help out but I seem to break out more. Tried using OXY but my skin dried up. So what is Tend Skin?[/quote]

Google it.