T Nation

Body Frame Sizes

Hi to all,
reading TNation i “meet” a different kind of ppl.

Here in Italy “standard” man is around 1.70-1.75m

here i read a lot of 6 foot tall man. With heavy “weight” on that frame.

So. I would like to better understand what you “there” consider a small frame, a medium frame or a big frame for a trained and untrained man.

By now i am ~104kg on 170cm, around 18%bf. My arm is around 43cm, my chest 126cm leg around 60-61cm, neck 44, calves 45…

I dont think at me as big. But ppl look at me as i am huge :\

At first I thought you were a freak becuase I didnt see the “cm”.I dont like looking up the conversion chart but i will say this:if you are bigger then the norm people will act as if you are greatly bigger then the norm.

I’ve found it’s all in my surroundings. I go to one gym (my favorite) and I’m not large at all. I go to my other gym and I’m decently large. I go to a party with a bunch of nerds and I’m fucking massive - to the point that I’m getting annoyed at them for continually pointing it out.

[quote]cadav wrote:
Hi to all,
reading TNation i “meet” a different kind of ppl.

Here in Italy “standard” man is around 1.70-1.75m

here i read a lot of 6 foot tall man. With heavy “weight” on that frame.

So. I would like to better understand what you “there” consider a small frame, a medium frame or a big frame for a trained and untrained man.

By now i am ~104kg on 170cm, around 18%bf. My arm is around 43cm, my chest 126cm leg around 60-61cm, neck 44, calves 45…

I dont think at me as big. But ppl look at me as i am huge :\

[/quote]

It’s sounds like you are about 5’6" Tall and weigh abot 230 pounds. Your arms are about 17 inches.

That’s pretty solid and well built.

Do you stand out in Italy?

Brooklyn is full of Italian-American guys built just like you.

By American standards you are almost “short” but your muscle mass would make you stand out amongst the fatasses and pencil necks.

We are pretty tall, Six footers are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately we are turning into a nation of fatasses.

The American men on this forum don’t represent the average american male…we are leaner and/or more muscular.

[quote]jmwintenn wrote:
At first I thought you were a freak becuase I didnt see the “cm”.I dont like looking up the conversion chart but i will say this:if you are bigger then the norm people will act as if you are greatly bigger then the norm.[/quote]

LOL i too don’t like to use conversion chart. i really don’t understand that silly system of body parts you use to measure :smiley:

however…

height: 5ft 7.88"
weight:228.8lbs
chest 49.64
arm 16.94
leg (quad) 23.64
calf 17.73
neck 17.34

(sorry for the double digit after 0, i have pasted from chart…)

about the norm ppl… well they are a bunch of skinnies…

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:

Do you stand out in Italy?

Brooklyn is full of Italian-American guys built just like you.

[/quote]

i dont know what “stand out” means.
however i am Italian and live in Italy.

i have a lot in common with Italo-American of Brooklin cause they are mainly from South Italy and i am “half southern half northern”…

thanks for the help… as soon as i can i’ll post a picture with a shoe so to have better references…