T Nation

Body Fortress?

My dad came home from Wal-Mart with some special creatine thing. It’s not a creatine monohydrate, it’s some other thing that has creatine in it. It’s not something I would have picked so I’m not really interested in hearing somebody tell me to stop wasting my time at Wal-Mart and buy from Biotest. I’m just wondering if this would do anything for me.

Is it, per chance, a product called Super-NOS Blast?

I know what your dad picked up. It’s a creatine/energy mix. Has taurine, probably fruit punch flavored, with sugars and all sorts of completely unnecessary ingredients. If you open it looks pink and actually tastes quite nice when mixed with a juice…

…yeah, it’s garbage. Made that mistake many years ago. Return it and get straight monohydrate from a vitamin/supplement store, you’re better off. Though, I will say that it was quite nice of your dad to do that. I had to fight my parents like mad to even start taking whey, but then again, there was a method to their madness.

I agree if you can return it and get something else then do so. If not go ahead and take it, it shouldn’t hurt you. I’ve taken some stuff from wal mart before when I was younger and when people give me free supplements. I’d never turn down free stuff. lol

Gerdy

Yeah, it’s what Padilla said.

It’s on the top row, second from the left. The Super creatine thing except I have the “advanced” version.

I think I’ll probably just end up getting some whey protein and stay away from creatine. I’m not afraid of creatine or anything, I just think that people think of it as something it isn’t and if I got big and strong I don’t want people thinking it’s just because I used creatine.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I agree if you can return it and get something else then do so. If not go ahead and take it, it shouldn’t hurt you. I’ve taken some stuff from wal mart before when I was younger and when people give me free supplements. I’d never turn down free stuff. lol

Gerdy[/quote]

Yeah, I already opened it and taking it back is a lot of times more of a pain in the butt than it’s worth when it’s not something real expensive. Plus, I don’t really want to turn something down I got for free. That’s really not the way I would want to thank him for getting it for me.

It actually tastes pretty good so it’s probably an upgrade from a lot of other sugary drinks.

[quote]Eielson wrote:
It actually tastes pretty good so it’s probably an upgrade from a lot of other sugary drinks.[/quote]

It tastes great. I’m telling you, find a good juice and it’s going to blow your mind. And yeah, it’s free. I wasn’t picky back then, so I guess you shouldn’t be either. It’s not going to kill you, so why not take a heaping 42g scoop PWO, lol?

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
Eielson wrote:
It actually tastes pretty good so it’s probably an upgrade from a lot of other sugary drinks.

It tastes great. I’m telling you, find a good juice and it’s going to blow your mind. And yeah, it’s free. I wasn’t picky back then, so I guess you shouldn’t be either. It’s not going to kill you, so why not take a heaping 42g scoop PWO, lol?[/quote]

I might have to try that sometime. I had it with just water.

Just don’t mix it with your protein, bad idea. Oh, and gatorade works well as a mix, too.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
Just don’t mix it with your protein, bad idea.
[/quote]

Yeah, I had heard that. I don’t think I completely understand it, though. If I had some of this creatine stuff, and then had some protein stuff would that be the same problem? Or is it just when they are mixed together in the same drink?

Stop wasting your time at Wal-Mart and buy from Biotest.

Who cares whether something is free? Junk is Still junk.

No, it just tastes like total shit. Aside from taste, I don’t see a problem with mixing creatine and whey. I could be wrong, but I’ve never been told differently.

[quote]Eielson wrote:
I’m not afraid of creatine or anything, I just think that people think of it as something it isn’t and if I got big and strong I don’t want people thinking it’s just because I used creatine.[/quote]

You’re pretty young aren’t you?

a lot of protein powders have creatine mixed in though…

??

In my opinion take creatine and reap the benefits of it. If people think its something that it’s not let them learn or don’t value their opinion as it doesn’t matter towards your goals. If it bugs you that much then don’t tell anybody. lol There is no problem mixing creatine/protein in your stomach although I have heard that creatine can possible prevent glutamine and some other amino acids from being absorbed from the protein etc. I have not found any research on it, so for now it’s just theory to me. I personally take my creatine with some sugary substance immediately pwo and have my shake about 15-20 mins after finishing the creatine drink.

Gerdy

[quote]Boxer666 wrote:
a lot of protein powders have creatine mixed in though…

??[/quote]

Some do but I have never found one that worked as well as those who don’t. Many of the gym brands like Bally’s “NST” ,I believe, have creatine in it. I didn’t like it.

Gerdy

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:
Eielson wrote:
I’m not afraid of creatine or anything, I just think that people think of it as something it isn’t and if I got big and strong I don’t want people thinking it’s just because I used creatine.

You’re pretty young aren’t you?[/quote]

Yeah, you’d probably consider me to be pretty young.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
In my opinion take creatine and reap the benefits of it. If people think its something that it’s not let them learn or don’t value their opinion as it doesn’t matter towards your goals. If it bugs you that much then don’t tell anybody. lol[/quote]

I guess I didn’t realize how cheap it is. If it helps me and it’s that inexpensive I would probably do it and let others think what they want. It would be nice for people to think of me as doing it without stuff like creatine but it wouldn’t be too big of a deal. If I got very big just by food and lifting people would think I was on something anyway.

Creatine is naturally made by the body as needed and some can be absorbed from red meat and other foods I believe. So it’s not like you will be taking creatine and people will accuse you of being on steroids. If they do they are morons and should be banished from existence. lol Also creatine isn’t going to put enough size or muscle on you for people to think your “on something”

Gerdy

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
Stop wasting your time at Wal-Mart and buy from Biotest.

Who cares whether something is free? Junk is Still junk.
[/quote]

Did you read his post? He got it for free. Some of you guys come across as paid shills for Biotest.

To the OP, thank your father.