Body Fortress Whey Protein

I’ve been taking in 4-6 scoops of this stuff lately, and it’s really starting to mess with my bowels. The instant it hits my stomach, stuff starts shifting around and I get a mild case of the runs a minute or so after. It’s actually recently gotten to the point where my stomach starts making noises when I smell it =/

Has anyone else used this and had troubles like this? Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I remember Cookies ‘n’ Creme did this to me from the start, but I haven’t had this problem with Vanilla before and I drank that all the time before. I laid off of it for a few months and just came back to it about a week ago.

Why are you taking 4-6 scoops? I think thats around 100-150g protein

That amount seems kinda excessive to me. I would lower the amount or switch to a dif powder and see how that works for you.

I use Body Fortress and I have not experienced and problems.

Hmmm, so you’ve had the cookies ‘n’ creme with no problems, but the vanilla upsets you? I would check the ingredient differences just to make sure, but does t taste bother you. I was drinking the vanilla for the longest of time, and then I got so sick of it I gagged every time I drank it and had the runs a few times. I switched to chocolate and the problem went away…till I started drinking it for a while.

Whenever I stick with a single protein for more than a week I start to go off them. I now have 2 different brands (SciMx and CNP) and alternate which I have on consecutive days.

Try rotating it may help - also provides a bit of variety.

If I remember correctly, Body Fortress has some additional ingredients like L-Glutamine and Creatine. I know when I have taken more than a few grams of L-Glutamine I have bowel issues. I’d try taking 1 scoop and see if you have the same problem.

I also know when I was taking in fewer carbs, I increased protein. I was also eating more fiber, through veggies and such. I had horrible, room clearing gas. At one point I actually pulled over and got out of my car because my eyes were burning. Increased carbs and decreased fiber and the problem went away. Not sure which one it was, but I suspect the fiber.

[quote]bad bowtie wrote:
Why are you taking 4-6 scoops? I think thats around 100-150g protein

That amount seems kinda excessive to me. I would lower the amount or switch to a dif powder and see how that works for you. [/quote]

That’s throughout the whole day. I use 2 scoops per drink and have two or three of them a day. I just don’t seem to have the willpower to eat six dry, bland meals a day, so I have to turn to the protein powder.

[quote]forbes wrote:
I use Body Fortress and I have not experienced and problems.

Hmmm, so you’ve had the cookies ‘n’ creme with no problems, but the vanilla upsets you? I would check the ingredient differences just to make sure, but does t taste bother you. I was drinking the vanilla for the longest of time, and then I got so sick of it I gagged every time I drank it and had the runs a few times. I switched to chocolate and the problem went away…till I started drinking it for a while.[/quote]

No, the Cookies ‘n’ Creme always upset my insides, but the Vanilla was fine. Now, after a break from using any protein powder at all, the Vanilla is acting the same way as the Cookies ‘n’ Creme. I might try switching the flavors around. Actually, I’ll probably just end up using a different powder like Grow! Whey or Metabolic Drive or something. After looking around for people having similar problems, I found that Body Fortress isn’t really well liked on the whole and I’ve heard of a few people having the same trouble I do.

[quote]nadz61 wrote:
Whenever I stick with a single protein for more than a week I start to go off them. I now have 2 different brands (SciMx and CNP) and alternate which I have on consecutive days.

Try rotating it may help - also provides a bit of variety.[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea. I’d just be worried about inconsistency between two different brands. Could that be a problem?

[quote]TopSpeed wrote:
If I remember correctly, Body Fortress has some additional ingredients like L-Glutamine and Creatine. I know when I have taken more than a few grams of L-Glutamine I have bowel issues. I’d try taking 1 scoop and see if you have the same problem.

I also know when I was taking in fewer carbs, I increased protein. I was also eating more fiber, through veggies and such. I had horrible, room clearing gas. At one point I actually pulled over and got out of my car because my eyes were burning. Increased carbs and decreased fiber and the problem went away. Not sure which one it was, but I suspect the fiber.[/quote]

That would make a lot of sense. I’ll take a look at the bottle and see if it mentions anything about it.

Oh man, I know the feeling. I think I had THE WORST fart that’s ever come out of my ass yesterday. It was horrible, but you know how when you have one of those you have to just sit there and admire it…

Get some decent protein man, that stuff makes me sicker the shit.

Its what, 16-18 bucks ?

Get some Grow! Whey here, its 18 if you buy 2 at a time, and it wont give you the runs.

[quote]Dr. FruitPie wrote:
I’ve been taking in 4-6 scoops of this stuff lately, and it’s really starting to mess with my bowels. The instant it hits my stomach, stuff starts shifting around and I get a mild case of the runs a minute or so after. It’s actually recently gotten to the point where my stomach starts making noises when I smell it =/

Has anyone else used this and had troubles like this? Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I remember Cookies ‘n’ Creme did this to me from the start, but I haven’t had this problem with Vanilla before and I drank that all the time before. I laid off of it for a few months and just came back to it about a week ago.[/quote]

I went through 3-4 5lbs tubs this summer. I’d make my shake and two minutes later I’d be sitting on the toilet. I tryed chocolate and vanilla. The reason behind this is because of acesulfame potassium and the high doses of it.

How does the body handle acesulfame potassium?

Acesulfame potassium is not metabolized or stored in the body. After it is consumed, it is quickly absorbed by the body and then rapidly excreted unchanged.

Its just a sweetner used for deserts and beverages.

Heres a link to where I got some info on acesulfame potassium
http://www.ific.org/publications/brochures/acekbroch.cfm

Hope that helps

Oh and now that I finally finished that crap I’m going to buy a protein thats not the cheapest and worth a little more buck

[quote]Krish wrote:
Dr. FruitPie wrote:

I remember Cookies ‘n’ Creme did this to me from the start, but I haven’t had this problem with Vanilla before and I drank that all the time before. I laid off of it for a few months and just came back to it about a week ago.

I went through 3-4 5lbs tubs this summer. I’d make my shake and two minutes later I’d be sitting on the toilet. I tryed chocolate and vanilla. The reason behind this is because of acesulfame potassium and the high doses of it.

How does the body handle acesulfame potassium?

Acesulfame potassium is not metabolized or stored in the body. After it is consumed, it is quickly absorbed by the body and then rapidly excreted unchanged.

Its just a sweetner used for deserts and beverages.

Heres a link to where I got some info on acesulfame potassium
http://www.ific.org/publications/brochures/acekbroch.cfm

Hope that helps

Oh and now that I finally finished that crap I’m going to buy a protein thats not the cheapest and worth a little more buck[/quote]

Wow…so I’m feeling like crap because otherwise it wouldn’t be yummy enough? Can’t help but think this stuff is marketed more toward the guy driving by on his Rascal scooter that thinks a protein shake a day is going to turn him into Mr. Olympia rather than someone who actually trains…

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Get some decent protein man, that stuff makes me sicker the shit.

Its what, 16-18 bucks ?

Get some Grow! Whey here, its 18 if you buy 2 at a time, and it wont give you the runs.[/quote]

lol seriously mang.

do you put water in your gas tank? i mean, no one is telling you to fill up with premium, but at least go unleaded.

body fortress. sheesh.

i’ve never even heard of body fortress, but u did specify that it’s a whey protein…

there are two different whey proteins: whey concentrate & whey isolate

body fortress lists both w/ the concentrate listed 1st. so u dont know if it’s 50/50 or 95% concentrate & 5% isolate.

whey concentrate is less expensive and has lactose in it. if you’re lactose intolerant or even slightly lactose int then that could be your problem right there. change to a protein that is only whey isolate.

if your not lactose… spend a little more and upgrade from that shit brand of protein.

Its the brand sold mostly at Wal-Mart. I was on vacation and bought a can of the cookies and cream, made one shake from it, made me so sick that just the smell of the open container makes me wanna yack.

Body Fortress makes a bad ass shaker bottle, the one with the plastic screen in the top, works great! Would never use their protein again though, creatine gives me the shits.

body fortress… top 3 worst protein powders money can buy.

bring that sh*t back to wal-mart, they’ll give u a refund.