T Nation

Body Fortress Protein Is Foul

This has to be the most foul smelling and tasting protein powder that has ever been in production. I only got it for $12.57 at Walmart though and i’m talking about a 2 lb tub. So it’s not a bad deal since it actualy packs a little more protein than some known brands…1 scoop= 26 g protein, 100 cal, 15 fat cal, 1g sugar. the thing is that you can actuaslly bite what seems to be sugar crystals when you drink it and on the bottom of whatever you put it in to drink it you can also see…sugar crystals???

Could the makers of this product be bullshitting about all the contents in this protein or could that be some sugar replacement sweetener? Some of you might be taking this protein too thats why im asking.

I don’t trust this stuff at all, its horrible. I bought it once when I was very very broke and I had the worst stomach cramps and shits.

I doubt it has anywhere near the protein it claims

I think 6 Star tastes worse…just my opinion though .

I get some pretty foul wind from it . but it’s within my budget ,

is there any way to verify protien content ?

100kcals

-23 kcals

ain’t that wierd?

Wait a minute here…
You paid $6 a pound for whey,
It had sugar crystals in it,
It tasted like shit,
It mucks up your digestive track,
and you buy it at Wal-Mart.

It sounds like a rip-off. And for that price, you can afford Grow! Whey

Jesus $12 dollars is like £7.

I pay around $60 for my brand and the cheapest widelt available is still around $40 in the UK

figures…thats what I got lol…I knew something was up when I started having stomach aches and stuff… I thought it was me

i never said it messed up my stomach but it does tastes like shit, i was broke at that time i couldn’t afford the one that i usually buy which is ON. Besides theres no way to tell where those really are sugar grains bcuz theres so many and theres onely i gram of sugar per scoop. It’s mysteriously sugary…man i dunno lol

definitly tastes like shit lol…im going for the good stuff this time :slight_smile:

any suggestions for a tasty brand?

[quote]Petermus wrote:
definitly tastes like shit lol…im going for the good stuff this time :slight_smile:

any suggestions for a tasty brand?[/quote]

LOL I don’t post to mock, but you are on the Web site of a place that sells protein powder. Just a thought. :slight_smile:

And yes, Metabolic Drive does taste good (at least Chocolate, Vanilla and Banana do for me).

I agree about body fortress protein. It’s very foul. I can make it palatable if i mix it with milk and chocolate syrup. (i have vanilla flavored whey)

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
I agree about body fortress protein. It’s very foul. I can make it palatable if i mix it with milk and chocolate syrup. (i have vanilla flavored whey)[/quote]

I found that If you slam it hard you can get it down…

I know that the creatine they sell has little sugar crystals.

But I’ve never actually had a problem with the whey. It tastes like a regular whey protein.

Damn dude i guess you don’t know how good a known brand protein tastes then. I guess i have no other choice than to finish the one i have left. Hopefully theres nothing wrong with this brand except for the fishy taste and smell.

I’m pretty sure the fact that they sell it at Wal-Mart should have been your first tip.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
I’m pretty sure the fact that they sell it at Wal-Mart should have been your first tip.[/quote]

LOL Does the container say ‘Made in China’?

No it’s american actually it’s made in NY according to the container. I’m guessing the reason that it is so cheap it’s because they skipped the process the product undergoes in order to make it really tasty. Makes sence does it not …heh heh. SUGAR CRYSTALS STILL GOT ME ALL SKEPTICAL THOUGH.

The sad part comparing this to different protein powders, I’ve made my best gains using it. I don’t know if its because of the miniscule amount of protein in it or not.

It does have a weak taste I had to mix it heavily with either creamy stuff or lots of puree’d bananas and strawberries.

26 g of protein per 100 cals is not miniscule at all.

[quote]Damner wrote:
26 g of protein per 100 cals is not miniscule at all.[/quote]

In fact it’s not even possible.