Body Fat %?

i started out at 217lbs @32% bodyfat. im now at 215 @21% . im trying to figure out how much lean mass was gained and how much fat was lost. is there a formula for this.

[quote]holyhammer wrote:
i started out at 217lbs @32% bodyfat. im now at 215 @21% . im trying to figure out how much lean mass was gained and how much fat was lost. is there a formula for this. [/quote]

Umm… yes, there is.

217 @ 32% = 69.5 lbs fat, 147.5 lbs lean mass

215 @ 21% = 45.15 lbs fat, 169.85 lbs lean mass.

This translates into a gain of 22.35 lbs of lean mass, and a loss of 24.35 lbs of fat.

That’s some pretty incredible progress! Congrats! How long did that take you and what did you do? Do you have any pictures to document this?

Ok, I’ll be the first one: You need to post a picture of yourself holding a shoe in order for that number to be 'ciphered. I promise you will get dozens of responses from the T-Nation.

[quote]Hamster wrote:
holyhammer wrote:
i started out at 217lbs @32% bodyfat. im now at 215 @21% . im trying to figure out how much lean mass was gained and how much fat was lost. is there a formula for this.

Umm… yes, there is.

This translates into a gain of 22.35 lbs of lean mass, and a loss of 24.35 lbs of fat.

That’s some pretty incredible progress! Congrats! How long did that take you and what did you do? Do you have any pictures to document this?[/quote]

[quote]TheWookie wrote:
Ok, I’ll be the first one: You need to post a picture of yourself holding a shoe in order for that number to be 'ciphered. I promise you will get dozens of responses from the T-Nation.

[/quote]

I believe that this constitutes entrapment.

according to Mike Hunt CSCS, the shoe method is the most accurate way to measure body fat.

[quote]Hamster wrote:
holyhammer wrote:

Umm… yes, there is.

That’s some pretty incredible progress! Congrats! How long did that take you and what did you do? Do you have any pictures to document this?[/quote]

Is bone/connective tissue mass included as lean mass?

[quote]njworkoutguy wrote:
according to Mike Hunt CSCS, the shoe method is the most accurate way to measure body fat.[/quote]

Dr. Benjamin Dover also suggests this method.

[quote]TheWookie wrote:

Hamster wrote:
holyhammer wrote:

Umm… yes, there is.

That’s some pretty incredible progress! Congrats! How long did that take you and what did you do? Do you have any pictures to document this?

[/quote]

or an indication of how shit bf% measures are… the mirror should be the ultimate decider.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
Is bone/connective tissue mass included as lean mass?[/quote]

Yes it is. Lean mass is everything except fat. So it’s bones, internal organs, skin, …, and muscles of course.

or an indication of how shit bf% measures are… the mirror should be the ultimate decider.[/quote]

Agreed. Or simply use the raw calliper measure as an indicator of whether or not bodyfat is going down.

Combine this with a scale weight measurement and a couple pictures, and you should very clearly know whether or not you’re on track.

I’m really sorry holyhammer, but I find your question rather appalling and just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to post this:

The Evolution of Math Education:

Last week I purchased a burger and fries at McDonalds for = $3.58

The counter girl took my $4.00 and I pulled 8 cents from my pocket and gave it to her. She stood there, holding the nickel and 3 pennies. While looking at the screen on her register, I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters, but she hailed the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her, she stood there and cried.

Why do I tell you this? Because of the evolution in teaching math since the 1950s:

Teaching Math In 1950

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1960

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1970

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

Teaching Math In 1980

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20

Teaching Math In 1990

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong
answers.)

Teaching Math In 2005

Un ranchero vende una carretera de madera para $100. El cuesto de la produccion era $80. Cuantos tortillas se puede comprar?

ok, i guess i mean for every percent of body fatloss eguals how much in pounds .is there a ratio

[quote]holyhammer wrote:
ok, i guess i mean for every percent of body fatloss eguals how much in pounds .is there a ratio [/quote]

No, because it changes when your bodyweight changes.

(Bodyweight) * (Body Fat %) = lbs of fat.
(Bodyweight)-(lbs of fat) = lbs. of lean body mass.

or if you prefer
(Bodyweight) * (100-Body Fat%) = lbs. of lean body mass.

[quote]rmetz wrote:
I’m really sorry holyhammer, but I find your question rather appalling and just couldn’t pass up the opportunity to post this:

The counter girl took my $4.00 and I pulled 8 cents from my pocket and gave it to her. She stood there, holding the nickel and 3 pennies. While looking at the screen on her register, I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters, but she hailed the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her, she stood there and cried.

Why do I tell you this? Because of the evolution in teaching math since the 1950s:

Teaching Math In 1950

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1960

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1970

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

Teaching Math In 1980

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20

Teaching Math In 1990

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong
answers.)

Teaching Math In 2005

Un ranchero vende una carretera de madera para $100. El cuesto de la produccion era $80. Cuantos tortillas se puede comprar?[/quote]

It is so sad that this is so true. And even sadder that this was proved so quickly by the post from Mr Hammer that followed.

[quote]CarvedInsane wrote:
TheWookie wrote:

Hamster wrote:
holyhammer wrote:

Umm… yes, there is.

or an indication of how shit bf% measures are… the mirror should be the ultimate decider.[/quote]

I’m going to patent the “Body fat mirror” That will show a reflection of what you should look like at various body-fats.

[quote]helga wrote:
rmetz wrote:

Teaching Math In 1950

Teaching Math In 1960

Teaching Math In 1970

Teaching Math In 1980

Teaching Math In 1990

answers.)

Teaching Math In 2005

Un ranchero vende una carretera de madera para $100. El cuesto de la produccion era $80. Cuantos tortillas se puede comprar?

It is so sad that this is so true. And even sadder that this was proved so quickly by the post from Mr Hammer that followed.[/quote]

You racist mother fuckers. Blame Sanchez, who picks tomatoes for 12 hours a day for $20 to put food on the table, for your children’s stupidity.

God forbid the failure of American schools have anything to do with American society.

[quote]rmetz wrote:

Teaching Math In 1950

Teaching Math In 1960

Teaching Math In 1970

Teaching Math In 1980

Teaching Math In 1990

answers.)

Teaching Math In 2005

Un ranchero vende una carretera de madera para $100. El cuesto de la produccion era $80. Cuantos tortillas se puede comprar?[/quote]

This was fucking brilliant.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
holyhammer wrote:
ok, i guess i mean for every percent of body fatloss eguals how much in pounds .is there a ratio

No, because it changes when your bodyweight changes.

[/quote]

Spoon feeding. It makes your arms tired.

[quote]helga wrote:
rmetz wrote:

Teaching Math In 1950

Teaching Math In 1960

Teaching Math In 1970

Teaching Math In 1980

Teaching Math In 1990

answers.)

Teaching Math In 2005

It is so sad that this is so true. And even sadder that this was proved so quickly by the post from Mr Hammer that followed.[/quote]

This isn’t true at all.

Mr Hammer is obviously one of the bottomfeeders that exist in every generation.

Your generation probably had kids that were terrible at math also.

Sorry to jump on this, I just absolutely hate it when people brand younger generations as inferior when they really have no way of objectively knowing.