Body Fat

Personal trainers telling me whats up La fitness even though I continue to climb that strongman ladder 350 bench 400+ squats should I be wasting my time and money and the weight really seems coming off very slow.

Dude, if you are happy with your progress, don’t worry about what other people are saying.

I can’t imagine Big Z being overly concerned what LA Fitness think about him.

There will always be someone who thinks you’re doing it wrong, I wouldn’t take any notice until they’ve shown they can do it right.

[quote]300plus wrote:
Personal trainers telling me whats up La fitness even though I continue to climb that strongman ladder 350 bench 400+ squats should I be wasting my time and money and the weight really seems coming off very slow.[/quote]

you bench 350 and squat over 400 and a trainer tells you that you need help?

either that trainer is mental or you’re lying.

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]300plus wrote:
Personal trainers telling me whats up La fitness even though I continue to climb that strongman ladder 350 bench 400+ squats should I be wasting my time and money and the weight really seems coming off very slow.[/quote]

either that trainer is mental or you’re lying.[/quote]

Without knowing much about the OP, it is possible that he’s a rather rotund-but-strong man and may look “fat” to a trainer that has a different image of “fitness” than OP does.

Either way, “trainers” should not be giving advice without consulting the “trainee” in question to see what that person’s goals are. One of the most pervasive issues in “fitness” - not just the lifting community but ALL of fitness - is people projecting their own goals and image of what exactly is physical perfection onto everyone.

The people whom I train I ALWAYS ask them what their Top 3 Goals are for the next 6 months.
We then have them Write it Down, which makes it a physical entity ! Then we write the program.
To many trainers are just completely useless Twats ! (yes, I have had my moments of stupidity as well).

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]300plus wrote:

Without knowing much about the OP, it is possible that he’s a rather rotund-but-strong man and may look “fat” to a trainer that has a different image of “fitness” than OP does.

Either way, “trainers” should not be giving advice without consulting the “trainee” in question to see what that person’s goals are. One of the most pervasive issues in “fitness” - not just the lifting community but ALL of fitness - is people projecting their own goals and image of what exactly is physical perfection onto everyone.
[/quote]

true, I was just hinting that OP is likely lying about his numbers

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]300plus wrote:

[/quote]

true, I was just hinting that OP is likely lying about his numbers[/quote]

I don’t see any reason to believe that he’s lying. 300+ guys can be pretty strong. I’m not quite 300, but I’m still a big boy (6’00" and 293 as of Friday) who moves a decent amount of iron for a 30-something gym rat with less than two years under the bar. I still get an occasional piece of unsolicited advice from lean and weak men who make too many assumptions about me, my goals and the path I’ve traveled.

The OP did not go to great lengths to explain himself, but I definitely understand his sentiment.

OP, just keep working hard and prove your doubters wrong. The weight comes off when you do what you need to do to lose, which may or may not have overlap with doing what you need to do to get stronger.

Just keep lifting, keep improving and don’t ever quit.

One of the most pervasive issues in “fitness” - not just the lifting community but ALL of fitness - is people projecting their own goals and image of what exactly is physical perfection onto everyone.
[/quote]

This is one of the truest things I’ve read in a while.

This is why you end up with people criticising advanced lifters like Ecchastang for not weighing over 200lbs, or thai fighters like Jarvan for using 90lbs squats in their training. People assume that their personal goals and values are so important, everyone else should follow them as well.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

One of the most pervasive issues in “fitness” - not just the lifting community but ALL of fitness - is people projecting their own goals and image of what exactly is physical perfection onto everyone.
[/quote]

This is why you end up with people criticising advanced lifters like Ecchastang for not weighing over 200lbs, or thai fighters like Jarvan for using 90lbs squats in their training. People assume that their personal goals and values are so important, everyone else should follow them as well.[/quote]

I certainly have been guilty of this in the past; I would judge anyone that I saw in the gym doing something that didn’t jive with my idea of what was “right” - TBH, I think that reading these forums is what has helped nudge me to a much more open mindset about personal goals and the way in which people strive to achieve them.

The numbers are close 350-375 smith machine 315 regular Olympic. Thx for the comment.

Thx for the comment, Im not about to change my program for anyone.

Lol thx Thats exacly what was thinking, This guy has crushed them all not mention an over head press at 600 lbs. My real goal right now is to reach 1.5 x bw bench and 2.5 x bw squat.

Wait, who is overhead pressing 600 lbs? what? No human has done this.

Also OP, if you’re not changing for anyone, then why did you start this thread? What were you looking for here? Apparently not advice.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
[/quote]
I think he means Big Z. I have no idea if he’s correct or not.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[/quote]

This is why you end up with people criticising advanced lifters like Ecchastang for not weighing over 200lbs, or thai fighters like Jarvan for using 90lbs squats in their training. People assume that their personal goals and values are so important, everyone else should follow them as well.[/quote]

I certainly have been guilty of this in the past; I would judge anyone that I saw in the gym doing something that didn’t jive with my idea of what was “right” - TBH, I think that reading these forums is what has helped nudge me to a much more open mindset about personal goals and the way in which people strive to achieve them.[/quote]

This was very much how I used to be. I think these forums have been instrumental in showing me just how dumb I looked.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
[/quote]
I think he means Big Z. I have no idea if he’s correct or not.[/quote]
Big Z hasn’t overhead pressed 600, just 500.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
[/quote]
Big Z hasn’t overhead pressed 600, just 500.[/quote]
Paul Anderson reportedly Push pressed 600, and push jerked 575. Numerous Eastern European OLY lifters have reportedly jerked greater than 600 out of the rack or off blocks.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
[/quote]
Paul Anderson reportedly Push pressed 600, and push jerked 575. Numerous Eastern European OLY lifters have reportedly jerked greater than 600 out of the rack or off blocks. [/quote]
Obviously push jerks from blocks are quite a bit different than cleans and strict presses from the floor, but all of that is pretty damn impressive in my book.

Have you seen videos for any of those? The most I’ve seen on video are Alexeev and Reding’s presses in the olympics, and Big Zs press last year, all of which at or just above 500 lbs.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
[/quote]
Paul Anderson reportedly Push pressed 600, and push jerked 575. Numerous Eastern European OLY lifters have reportedly jerked greater than 600 out of the rack or off blocks. [/quote]
Obviously push jerks from blocks are quite a bit different than cleans and strict presses from the floor, but all of that is pretty damn impressive in my book.

Have you seen videos for any of those? The most I’ve seen on video are Alexeev and Reding’s presses in the olympics, and Big Zs press last year, all of which at or just above 500 lbs.[/quote]
Alexsandr Kurlovich Clean and Jerk 266 Kg (All time WR attempt) - YouTube here is a 266 kg 586 lb clean and jerk