Body Fat Percentage

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]eightohfive wrote:
As for school, 3.62 Finance major at Cal Poly-SLO, i’m doing okay :slight_smile:

it was actually about 7 months, where i went from 187 to 195, a decent gain. I prefer to make gradual gains that i can maintain without insane caloric surpluses, monotonous cardio, etc.

The idea of “optimal” does come down to “your specific goals”. For me, i am gaining optimally. [/quote]

Just fyi, this dude said nothing about gaining muscle, he was just asking about bodyfat.

Although I understand X’s propensity to argue about anything at anytime, there’s really no reason for this discussion you guys are having, at least in relation to this thread.[/quote]

…here’s why neither the OP nor the vast majority of eightohfive’s posts in the Bodybuilding Forum make any sense to me:

It’s a bodybuilding forum. In other words, it’s a forum for people interested in muscular hypertrophy and putting on a lot of mass, ideally (though perhaps often not) with the end goal of competing in a bodybuilding show. I feel like I frequently see eightohfive saying “dude, not everyone wants to gain a ton of muscle and get huge.” That’s true enough, but not for this forum.

Look, I ran long distance in college. I learned a lot about running long distance on forums. But I sure as hell was not frequenting forums related to sprinting, triathlons, etc when I was distance running. And even if I were reading those forums to learn about, e.g., running mechanics or whatever, I sure as sh** wouldn’t come on telling those posters to start running half marathons or making out my own competition to involve more “dedication” and “will power.”

If the end goal is not to get as muscular as you can and perhaps eventually compete in a bodybuilding show, then that’s absolutely fine. There’s nothing wrong with it. But why post on a bodybuilding forum? It just doesn’t make good sense.

/rantover

when’s your next bb competition eh, bro? Most people whom frequent this forum, i.e. post questions & look for advice, do not intend on competing. Rather, as i’ve explained before, desire to “build their body”. How do “Gradual gains” and maintaing low body fat go against that and bodybuilding?

There are not many websites/forums with quality information and knowledgable people. There are many here whom give fantastic advice. no matter what their goal, learning about others’ approaches, their successes and failures, are valuable to one’s fitness education. The majority of posters AREN’T EVEN CLOSE to setting foot on stage and should focus on building a solid foundation rather than diving into advanced rep-schemes/complex routines.

How experienced a bodybuilder are you? Are you 16 weeks out from WNBF? Do you still come to these forums? Why exclude those trying to learn? Yes it’s a bodybuilding forum, some posts may be misplaced, but who gives a fuck? Don’t let it ruin you day :wink:

I’d agree, this thread in particular is quite off-topic w/ it’s “hawt abz” and what not, however you’re attack of my posting is unnecessary. It’s the internet, and a free country. Maybe move to China if you’d like a restricted and censored inter web.

Dude’s lean, 8% or so.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Dude’s lean, 8% or so.

[/quote]

no u r