Body Dismorphia

Aussie values feeding body image illness
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23920339-2,00.html

And here is one of the comments on the article

Posted by: Andrew of Brisbane 2:58pm today
90% of the males at the gym have some kind of mental illness apart from the ones that are there for sports purposes. They are obsessed about getting bigger muscles despite nobody finding it attractive. I don’t do gym work anymore because I find it works out your face as well and you get a big ugly face. Also, if you only do chest and middle back, your body looks OK, but when you start doing other exercises, your body just doesn’t look natural. Swinging around like monkeys is probably a more natural approach to muscle gain, considering we have evolved from similar creatures.

Thoughts?

Sometimes I hate the internet.

[quote]namor wrote:

90% of the males at the gym have some kind of mental illness apart from the ones that are there for sports purposes. They are obsessed about getting bigger muscles despite nobody finding it attractive. I don’t do gym work anymore because I find it works out your face as well and you get a big ugly face. Also, if you only do chest and middle back, your body looks OK, but when you start doing other exercises, your body just doesn’t look natural. Swinging around like monkeys is probably a more natural approach to muscle gain, considering we have evolved from similar creatures.

Thoughts?[/quote]

Andrew of Brisbane is a retard.

[quote]namor wrote:

Thoughts?[/quote]

Thoughts? Of course, I agree. Lifting weights makes your body look “unnatural”…like someone who lifts weights. This is clearly a negative since most fat chicks (which make up 80.6% of the chick population) would be intimidated by any guy who isn’t also fat, extremely skinny or a combination of both.

We should all swing around like monkeys so that we…look…natural.

I will also only train chest and “middle back” from here on out as that makes you look “OK” and not “Unnatural” with a big ugly face that you got from lifting other body parts.

I do wonder why so much attention is given to those who are extremely developed if it is so undesirable. Why don’t they quit staring?

[quote]
90% of the males at the gym have some kind of mental illness apart from the ones that are there for sports purposes. They are obsessed about getting bigger muscles despite nobody finding it attractive. I don’t do gym work anymore because I find it works out your face as well and you get a big ugly face. Also, if you only do chest and middle back, your body looks OK, but when you start doing other exercises, your body just doesn’t look natural. Swinging around like monkeys is probably a more natural approach to muscle gain, considering we have evolved from similar creatures.[/quote]
Allllrighty then…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
<<<< fat chicks (which make up the 80.6% of the chick population)>>>>>[/quote]

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not.

Well many of us do not do manual labor like we did hundreds of years ago, and instead sit behind a desk 8 hours a day. If you think looking skinny fat, atrophied, and hunched over is “natural” like the majority of the public, by all means, stop lifting.

take it from me…you guys look hot with all your muscles. Don’t change a thing. Bodybuilding is a science and a sport. You gotta respect that!

i have other words for “disorders” or “obsessed”

it’s called having some goddamn dedication and discipline and realize in the end that you are still an animal and must remain active

Stupid BBer’s with their big muscles and man faces… how dare they!!!

This thread reminded me of something. My middle back seems to be over-developed. How do I shrink that down so it matches my posterior chest?

Will doing negatives DECREASE muscle mass? It works on my odometer in my car.

Body dysmorphia is having a distorted body image. It is not wanting to look a certain way and knowing what it takes and doing that (such as ‘drinking endless protein shakes’) to get there. Some people may be borderline obsessive, but ‘obsession’ is a relative term. And if you still have a well-rounded life and plenty of other interests, I don’t see anything wrong with much greater focus on training and diet than the ‘average person’ thinks is appropriate.

[quote]kbubbles33 wrote:
take it from me…you guys look hot with all your muscles. Don’t change a thing. Bodybuilding is a science and a sport. You gotta respect that![/quote]

I’ll second that.

[quote]derek wrote:
This thread reminded me of something. My middle back seems to be over-developed. How do I shrink that down so it matches my posterior chest?

Will doing negatives DECREASE muscle mass? It works on my odometer in my car.[/quote]

Look, I thought we came to the conclusion that swinging from trees was the only way to do it?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Body dysmorphia is having a distorted body image. It is not wanting to look a certain way and knowing what it takes and doing that (such as ‘drinking endless protein shakes’) to get there. Some people may be borderline obsessive, but ‘obsession’ is a relative term. And if you still have a well-rounded life and plenty of other interests, I don’t see anything wrong with much greater focus on training and diet than the ‘average person’ thinks is appropriate.[/quote]

Well said. Too many here are throwing these damned terms around like they actually apply. Unless you truly see someone who does not lift in the mirror in spite of being huge, this is not a disorder. If you were completely satisfied with where you are now, you would have no drive to get better. That is why these terms don’t fit.

Whatever…if people don’t want to train anything more than chest and back it’s not going to hurt my feelings. More power racks for me.

I knew my face was un-naturally large for the rest of my body.
Damn my chest/ mid back split.

[quote]anthropocentric wrote:
Whatever…if people don’t want to train anything more than chest and back it’s not going to hurt my feelings. More power racks for me.[/quote]

And bitches.

I wish I had body dysmorphia…I’d probably have better results by now.