Body-Count Positivity: A Rant

Saw another “body positivity” thing pop up today and was going to rant about it. Then I realized I’d already covered it on Twitter (which I try to avoid these days). Anyway, here’s a secondhand rant. I think I’m most disappointed in the fitness pros who have adopted this nonsense.

3 Likes

Fat people cry about fat phobia until they lose weight.

1 Like

I’ve never seen anyone regret much-needed fat loss. Funny that.

1 Like

They can think what they want about themselves and each other, but in the end the men decide on woman and women decide on men. Though I notice the “body positivity” movement apparently does not include men.
If you tell me Lizzo is beauty and thin attractive women are ugly, then I guess I like ugly women.

Not so fast… :smile:

5 Likes

Still smaller than Lizzo.

1 Like

Dudes like that will never see a “real” woman?

That’s what I get for speaking too soon. Ugh. To bad it doesn’t translate.

Nobody who’s fat is really happy even if we ignore the many, many and all too real medical implications of being grossly overweight that are surely felt on top.
Outliers always exist, so some obese people will feel okay (for a time).

So let us forget about the hearth aches, join pain, reduced mobility, difficulties of breathing, shortness of breath and all the other side effects.
Just looking at themselves, they know it’s a terrible path they tread upon. Nobody wants to look like this. Nobody wants to see a blubbery cartoon version of himself in the mirror. It’s deeply unnatural and goes against fundamental instincts. We want to be good looking because it’s an expression of health and well being.

But that’s what this is, anyway. Denying an objective normalcy, a common baseline.
Denying natural beauty.

3 Likes

So…

can I become an obese man… and call people anti-semitic and ableist if they comment on it?

1 Like