T Nation

Body Composition on a Bulk

40lbs is real good over 6 months congrats, i could do with another 40lbs haha

yeah im pretty sure im goin with strict carb cycling (thibs carb codex) but with milk as an exception cos well, i aint good at eating plus milk is hell cheap

[quote]RMorrison wrote:
Check out “The Quality Mass Diet”

Many on this site advocate eating everything in sight when bulking, but it seems that most of the coaches do not.[/quote]

Right, that article is a joke. No one in their right minds bulks like that.

How can you argue with results? The biggest guys are the ones who eat the most, it isn’t rocket science.

OP careful with the cardio. It can help but it can also keep you from gaining, just keep that in mind before you start doing HIIT every other day.

i know it prob helps with getting through heavy sessions in terms of breathing, and also just nutrient partitioning…

but seriously i hate cardio… so should i just do 1-2 a week, cos in terms of cardio prob couldnt run for ages.

you reckon… i know ur fucking huge, wats ur diet like? can u give me an example im pretty interested, u prob eat wat 5-6000cals a day??

i know u advocate whole milk, and fast food to get those cals in, but how clean do u eat?? cos i remember u saying ur drank skim to get the cals in but now whole milk and fast food??

Cardio E3D, and eating normally on off days keeps me in check. You will gain some fat while you bulk but you have to be very observant and not merely go by the number on the scale and pull a Trey Brewer and end up simply fat.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Cardio E3D, and eating normally on off days keeps me in check. You will gain some fat while you bulk but you have to be very observant and not merely go by the number on the scale and pull a Trey Brewer and end up simply fat. [/quote]

LOL

Ya that boy got fat… and didnt look that good at nationals

You guys are crazy for ragging on trey brewer. He added more mass then any of his competitors in the off season, he just fucked up his diet pre contest and came in smaller.

no idea who trey brewer is but can u asnwer my other questions plz?

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
You guys are crazy for ragging on trey brewer. He added more mass then any of his competitors in the off season, he just fucked up his diet pre contest and came in smaller.[/quote]

The man came in 15 or so pounds lighter at the Jr. Nationals than he did at the Excalibur. That too me sounds like a waste of a bulk. He got up to 330 and down to 240 or so. Not to take anything away from Trey hes only 2 years older than me and light years ahead of the curve, but he needs to build the physique that mother nature gave him: a mass freak while keeping in mind his shape and waist. He can’t try to play along with the Currys, Dexters, Heaths, etc. I was actually looking forward for him to make some waves at the Nationals but alas no enchilada. My two centavos

I also notice you have Turisas Facepaint (if that is the intended affect/band)

now on to your question…

I’m gonna be straight up here. Don’t worry about it. Eat oceans and oceans of clean whole foods and you’ll gain weight and stay relatively lean. I eat around 4700-5000cals per day and it’s all clean and I stay relatively lean. Some guys here eat dirty because they’re HUGE (see Waylander) and it’s hard to get their required calories all in clean food.

The lesson here? If you’re trying to gain weight, you can’t worry too much about BF, you’re just gonna spin your wheels like crazy. Worry more about moving more weight every week and watching the numbers on the scale go up. Trying to stay lean will overcomplicate things and you’ll end up shooting yourself in the foot.

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
no idea who trey brewer is but can u asnwer my other questions plz?[/quote]

heh sorry for hijack. as to this part:

What does things like;
-fish oil
-apple cider vinegar, or
-cinnamon
do for body composition? Any improvements?

Didn’t notice a damn thing from fish oil and I haven’t used any of the others so I’m not much help there, sorry pal.

hahaha its cool man, but was more wondering about wat ur diet and training was like, reckon u could PM me some examples, if its to much hassle dont worry, even just ur split would be useful :wink:

[quote]Invictica wrote:
I also notice you have Turisas Facepaint (if that is the intended affect/band)

now on to your question…

I’m gonna be straight up here. Don’t worry about it. Eat oceans and oceans of clean whole foods and you’ll gain weight and stay relatively lean. I eat around 4700-5000cals per day and it’s all clean and I stay relatively lean. Some guys here eat dirty because they’re HUGE (see Waylander) and it’s hard to get their required calories all in clean food.

The lesson here? If you’re trying to gain weight, you can’t worry too much about BF, you’re just gonna spin your wheels like crazy. Worry more about moving more weight every week and watching the numbers on the scale go up. Trying to stay lean will overcomplicate things and you’ll end up shooting yourself in the foot.[/quote]

What works for you won’t work for him. Apples and oranges. First thing you learn right off the bat. OP, analyze your current diet. Once you have established exactly where you are add 500 calories coming from clean sources of carbs, protein, and fats.

The percentages are up to you. If are gaining weight and not getting fat add another 500 and so on until you’re merely just getting fat. You tighten up the diet until your steadily gaining while minimazing fat gain.

Fat gain is a matter of fact on a bulk phase but you also dont want to be the Michelin boy so you can tell your buddys that “Yeah I’m 250lbs”. If you merely gain weight for the sake of moving the scale you’ll end up fat. This happens more often than not. This is as universal as it gets. Occasional cardio sessions will aid you in staying relatively lean.

Train hard, eat big but clean, do your cardio, shit run a OTC fat burner if you feel compelled to do so but rest assured the gains you will make will be (hopefully) lean muscle mass with minimal fat. Or you can hit up the local Home Town Buffet and balloon up to whatever number that your heart desires. This is merely my two centavos. -GB

yeh i know buddy, jsut interested i geuss, cheers for the advice tho i appreciate it