T Nation

Body By Science Workouts

Great site I happened to come across
Read body by science..seemed like a panacea.
However, I've now finished 14 workouts (only 2 weeks skipped) and it barely looks like I'm in the gym. Of course i had to buy a package of 24 workouts.
Have never seen a single impressive before and after of anyone doing this method of training....

Just deciding whether to give it time or jump ship.

Most definitely give it time! Seems everyone wants results yesterday.

Pretty much any decent program will yield results, provided that you’re training hard and consistently, and that your nutrition and recovery are somewhat in place.

I wouldn’t worry about “is this working?” until I had put in at least a couple of months. Most people don’t understand just how slow of a process this can be.

S

Agreed.Much like the New Years resolution folk in the gym,they don’t see huge muscles by the third week of January,they bail.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Pretty much any decent program will yield results, provided that you’re training hard and consistently, and that your nutrition and recovery are somewhat in place.

I wouldn’t worry about “is this working?” until I had put in at least a couple of months. Most people don’t understand just how slow of a process this can be.

S[/quote]

I partially blame poor marketing and advertising for all the supplements pushed out. I have read so many times about take x,y,z and gain 40 pounds of muscle in three months. No one can gain thirty pounds of pure muscle alone, in that short of time frame. Physiologically speaking that is impossible.

Realistic goal setting and education on how the body works, as well as adaptability to training stimulus, and growth potential sans steriods is really important. At OP, give it a year to see some really significant changes. Even over that and you can look into a lifetime of improvement.

Are you stronger?

I did “Body by Science” for a few months when I was extremely busy (1 session/week, 1 set, 3 exercises).

I did not make any meaningful gains, but I didn’t lose ground either. I think it probably works best for soon-to-be-retired people who need to “stay active” and do it every week along with their three one hour walks.

I know of no program that will have you looking “impressively” better in the mirror in 14 workouts. So my instinct is to say that you should stick with it.

Having said that, I just googled the program (I’d never heard about it before), and I would be extremely skeptical of a program that offered any kind of meaningful results in one 12 minute workout every week. I’d also be extremely skeptical of any program that uses “easy” and “quick” as its main selling point, it reeks of snake oil.

Time and time again, I see that the people who make substantial changes in their fitness and body composition are those that make the substantial changes in their lifestyle. People who make the “little changes that add up”, rarely find them adding up.

As with any HIT program it will usually only work well for a bout 6 weeks at a time and you have to push very hard every workout to compensate for such low volume.

Finish the program then look into Doggcrapp training, similar but better.