Body by Science Book - Comments?

On another, non-sport forum, I’ve run into a lady who is simply rabid that “Body By Science” is the best book ever written. OK, so tell me people, should I run out and buy it? Is it a good book or is it yet another half-right mess written by a journalist who doesn’t understand how to read studies and manages to breathlessly draw conclusions that simply affirm his agenda?

If it’s good, I am more than willing to grab a copy and give it a run through. Anyone done that?

Thanks in Advance,

– jj

Briefly checking out Amazon…

"Building muscle has never been faster or easier than with this revolutionary once-a-week training program

In Body By Science, bodybuilding powerhouse John Little teams up with fitness medicine expert Dr. Doug McGuff to present a scientifically proven formula for maximizing muscle development in just 12 minutes a week. Backed by rigorous research, the authors prescribe a weekly high-intensity program for increasing strength, revving metabolism, and building muscle for a total fitness experience."

That is all you need to know.

[quote]elih8er wrote:

"Building muscle has never been faster or easier than with this revolutionary once-a-week training program

In Body By Science, bodybuilding powerhouse John Little teams up with fitness medicine expert Dr. Doug McGuff to present a scientifically proven formula for maximizing muscle development in just 12 minutes a week. Backed by rigorous research, the authors prescribe a weekly high-intensity program for increasing strength, revving metabolism, and building muscle for a total fitness experience."

That is all you need to know. [/quote]

I don’t know either of these people, so that is not all I need to know. I like tabatas and do them regularly, so the “12 minute workout” shtick doesn’t impress. I know that is just one specific component of an overall training program. My question is if they have more than that. I suspect it’s just one more gimmick, but since I don’t know the people, maybe they have something good.

[quote]jj-dude wrote:
elih8er wrote:

That is all you need to know.

I don’t know either of these people, so that is not all I need to know. I like tabatas and do them regularly, so the “12 minute workout” shtick doesn’t impress. I know that is just one specific component of an overall training program. My question is if they have more than that. I suspect it’s just one more gimmick, but since I don’t know the people, maybe they have something good.
[/quote]

Anything that promises great results in 12 minutes a week is suspect. Do athletes train only 12 minutes a week?

The author of this book is a super-slow rep dork. This is his idea of good weight training:

[quote]PublickStews wrote:
The author of this book is a super-slow rep dork. This is his idea of good weight training:

[/quote]

Yep. I mistakenly purchased Power Factor Training by John Little a LONG time ago - pure crap.

Here is better placed money:
http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=370&pid=2976

I promise you will never regret it.

[quote]PublickStews wrote:

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.