[quote]DoveofWar08 wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Youre on the next list

=)

Check PM for youtube channel[/quote]

I dont know what that means but I love it![/quote]

Its my youtube channel. I think another round of vids is in the making. [/quote]

Interesting. I missed the first round.

Oh, and Gregron, nice work. Thats some big time improvement in a year. Stay strong, and I’ll be following.[/quote]

Thanks a lot. I’ve been trying to get back after it since my shoulder. It’s still not 100% and I don’t think I’ll ever have my full ROM back but I just adjust for it. Thanks for checkin out my log. If you have any tips or suggestions feel free to chime in.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Didn’t know you got engaged man. Congrats. You’re making some killer progress in here. Oh yeah, I checked that thread you told me about. Didn’t see my call out but good god that dude’s off! Be easy brother. [/quote]

Yep I got engaged a few days before Christmas and we’re doing wedding planning stuff now. Didnt realize how quick all that stuff would start. I thought you’d be engaged for a while then start… But no! Haha but it’s cool. I’m enjoying it so far.

Yeah that dude has lost it. That’s an obvious troll thread but still. The “call out” was in his video. He’s showing off his hand and 4" wrist band and says “what’s up white flash? what’s up white flash? You vert troll. Get odd my nuts” or something to that effect. Making a video with all that editing and obvious time put in to call out someone you disagreed with on a forum? Dude must really have no life lol.

Ok so here is my workout from yesterday.

First day of Meadows style back workout (thanks bug)

Warm up:
2 mile run 17:19 (my legs were really tight/sore so I thought id stretch it out with a run but they just wouldnt loosen up so I stopped at 2 miles)

Meadows Rows:
2 plates x 8
2 plates + 25 x 8
3 plates x 8 (<-- i still need to play around with these and work on getting the form down right. I liked them but wasnt actually ‘feeling’ them as much as i expected)

Dead Stop DB Rows:
70x10
90x10
110x10 (<-- wasnt sure how much weight to use on these and I way under shot it. I should have started out with the 110’s. will do next time)

Stretchers:
135x12
150x12 (<-- These are awesome! I had such an awesome lat pump going after these. I really liked the stretch/duck under portion at the top. It was a good stretch on my shoulder and in my lats. I love love love these!)

Hammer Strength Low Iso Row: (dont have a chest supported row)
2ppsx10
3ppsx 10,9

finished with 3 sets of 10 wide grip pull ups and had to roll out. I went to a restaurant opening with my fiance. The design firm she works for did the restaurant so we got an invite. I had to cut my workout a little short to come home, get cleaned up and get my dress clothes on. It was a fun even and the food/drinks were good. They had quite a few different free drinks and one of them was a smokey jalapeno margarita… it was awesome. I love spicy things

Oh and I finally got some straps which i used during this workout… they were incredible. My grip strength sucks and has always limited my rowing movements but until yesterday I didnt know exactly how much. on DB rows the 110’s are usually pretty hard but they were really easy yesterday. I guess they always seemed hard cause I sucked and holding onto the weight. I think having the straps is really going to improve my back development. I’m very much excited about it.

Ok so thats enough of my ranting. Thanks for checking out the log. Gonna try the meadows shoulder stuff at the gym today. We’ll see how that goes. Take it easy everyone.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Didn’t know you got engaged man. Congrats. You’re making some killer progress in here. Oh yeah, I checked that thread you told me about. Didn’t see my call out but good god that dude’s off! Be easy brother. [/quote]

Yep I got engaged a few days before Christmas and we’re doing wedding planning stuff now. Didnt realize how quick all that stuff would start. I thought you’d be engaged for a while then start… But no! Haha but it’s cool. I’m enjoying it so far.

Yeah that dude has lost it. That’s an obvious troll thread but still. The “call out” was in his video. He’s showing off his hand and 4" wrist band and says “what’s up white flash? what’s up white flash? You vert troll. Get odd my nuts” or something to that effect. Making a video with all that editing and obvious time put in to call out someone you disagreed with on a forum? Dude must really have no life lol.[/quote]

Wait what? link?

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Yeah that dude has lost it. That’s an obvious troll thread but still. The “call out” was in his video. He’s showing off his hand and 4" wrist band and says “what’s up white flash? what’s up white flash? You vert troll. Get odd my nuts” or something to that effect. Making a video with all that editing and obvious time put in to call out someone you disagreed with on a forum? Dude must really have no life lol.[/quote]

Wait what? link?[/quote]

this thread. The video in his first post. At like 5:25ish i believe?

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Wait what? link?[/quote]

this thread. The video in his first post. At like 5:25ish i believe?
[/quote]

epic thread

Didnt get into the gym yesterday.

Today was Shoulders/Arms day (the arms part was a last minute addition)

Warm up:
2k row 7:54 (nice and steady pace today)

DB Shoulder Press:
70’s x 8
80’s x 8
90’s x 5/drop set 70’s x 6 (yeah my shoulders suck)

Meadows Style shoulder workout.
DB Lat Raise (partials)
50’s x 35
40’s x 35, 35 (OMG these were insane! I had the most savage shoulder pump of my life)

Machine Rear Delts:
75 x 35
90 x 35
75 x 35 (had to drop back down to 75lbs but it burned so much. My shoulders were looking so awesome in the mirror lol)

Rear Delt Destroyer:
35’s x 50 (supposed to do 60 but couldnt get em)
15’s x 30
7.5’s x 10 with a 2 second pause at the top (lulz at the 7.5s but this was so damn hard. My shoulders were en fuego)

Quick arm workout

Alt DB Curl: big hard squeeze at the top
40’s x 8
50’s x 8
60’s x 7

Machine Preacher Curl thingy: again… hard squeeze
80 x 10
100 x 10
120 x 5

Close Grip BP:
205x6
225x6
275x4 (felt a weird twinge near my elbow so stopped after the 4th rep)

Rope Pulldowns: (elbow felt fine on these)
120 x 12
150 x 12
170 x 8

weighted ab crunch things

This was an AWESOME workout (well the shoulder portion was) I loved the meadows stuff and definitely had the most incredible delt pump of my life. I was getting lots of weird looks for all the high rep partial stuff, from some of the other people in the gym which was funny. Good workout for sure but cut my arms stuff short. Would have liked to get three exercises in for bi’s and tri’s but had to run some errands.

OK So I have a little bit of a Dilemma here…

Anyone else watch the show Spartacus: Blood and Sand and the new season Spartacus: Gods of the Arena? I love this show. If you havent seen it yet its basically Gladiator meets 300 meets Eyes Wide Shut (<-- never actually seen that movie but I heard there was lots of group sex and nudity)

Its a bad ass show… so aaaaaanyway… I found out today that a supplement company (that maybe shall not be named) is holding a competition. You fill out your application, upload a one minute video showcasing your “inner warrior” and have a chance at winning a walk on role in the show. The competitions sponsors will pick the top 10 videos and then they will go on into a vote getting phase. Top vote getter wins. I was thinking about it today and got really excited. I’m thinking about doing it.

The deadline to submit your video is in 6 weeks. That would give me 5 weeks to diet down a bit (to get teh hawt abz) and then a week to shoot the video. I am seriously very interested in doing this. I know it would be a very big long shot but I want to give it a shot just for fun. I dont really know how much BF I could lose in 5 weeks but I think if I dial in my diet and structure my training correctly I could look pretty good for the video. (I’d also need to shave down and get a helluva tan but that goes without saying)

My fiances brother is a music video director up in LA and I’m pretty sure he would do the shoot/editing for my video as long as he’s not working on another project at that time.

Sooooo… What do you guys think? Think it would be worth it? Think i’d have a shot of even making it into the Top 10? Its more of a fun thing for me and a challenge but I dont even know how much BF I could even lose in 5 weeks? I’ve never really dieted down for anything before so who knows?

Ok so training session from tonight… Legs

Went to the gym with the fiance and we worked out together. I dont really know what the H is going on but I weighed in at 218.5 today. I’m not eating to gain a bunch of size right now and I’ve put on 6lbs in 2 weeks? I havent been drinking or eating like a fat ass so I’m not sure whats going on lol

Warm up:
2,000 meter row on the ERG

A1. Squats (close stance) 4x8 225, 225, 275, 275
A2. Alt. DB Step Ups 4x8 all sets holding 50lb DBs
60 seconds rest between each circuit

B1. Single Leg DL’s 3x8 all sets holding the 50lb DB’s
B2. Hamstring Curls 3x8 165, 190, 190

C1. Split Squat Jumps 3x8 (each leg) BW only… working on being explosive
C2. 4 Count Mountain Climbers 3x10

Incline treadmill walking for 15 minutes.

It was a good quick workout. Had a good sweat going and had fun working out right along side my fiance. Usually we do different workouts but it was nice to do it together and keep eachother motivated/moving. Hammies are real tight. Gonna foam roll while my steak is on the grill.

Just saw your first Meadows back session. I dunno how you handle all that weight on the Meadows rows, lol. I tried 3 plates last week and it was just too much to get a good mind-muscle connection going. Since it’s the first back exercise, I think it’s important to still be able to feel the weight being moved by the targeted muscles. I dropped it down a bit this week and it felt much better.

Rest of the session looks good! You went damn heavy on those stretchers… maybe I need to go heavier haha. also, definitely add more poundage to those DB rows.

before you know it you’re gonna have to walk sideways thru doors. amazin

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
Just saw your first Meadows back session. I dunno how you handle all that weight on the Meadows rows, lol. I tried 3 plates last week and it was just too much to get a good mind-muscle connection going.[/quote]

Yeah I think this was my issue. The 3 plates was heavy but not “body english OMFG” style heavy… I’m gonna drop the weight and really work on my MM connection. I really like the stretchers cause I feel them so much in my lats.

I’ll see how that works out on wednesday when I hit my next back day

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
also, definitely add more poundage to those DB rows. [/quote]

gonna up the weight on these for sure. The 110’s were weak sauce with the straps. After I did my last set I’m pretty sure I saw this tiny asian girl came over and rep em out as her warm up for triceps kick backs… then I went in the steam room and cried for 20 minutes.

^regarding the video and possible spartacus walk on role…

^^Post workout meal from tonight. 7oz steak, big spinach salad and half a bell pepper. It was good.

question… when you weigh out your meat are you supposed to weigh it before or after its cooked?

^regarding the video and possible spartacus walk on role…[/quote]

you think so? Super long shot but I think it would be pretty awesome. I’d have to think of awesome skills to showcase… nun-chuck skills, bowstaff skills… you know that sort of thing :slight_smile: I can but a backflip so I might have to incorporate that.

after cooking.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
after cooking.[/quote]

ok thats what I thought.

Seriously, I say go for it. That would be awesome just to get to do it, and who knows, may open some doors in other areas.

5 weeks of dieting down with an outside shot to be on SPARTACUS!?

yes sir do it. Would be fun as fuck for you! and even if you don’t make the cut, it is only 5 weeks. Either way it is a good story.

This is a good log. Really fucking surprised at your ‘1 year before’ photo. Good job man, there is hope for me yet.

I did the Warrior Dash last year, and I’m going to do it again this year (it’s actually coming to Canada) - but the Tough Mudder is definitely in my near future.

Good luck with the 5 week cut too, and make an awesome video.

Lots of support in here… guess I’m gonna have to do the video for sure now.

DF- It could possibly open some other doors. I was already thinking that if I can make the Top 10 I’d probably end up putting that in my resume lol

Jax- You’re right… 5 weeks isnt really that long. i’ve already talked to a few buddies of mine about it and they all said it would be so bad ass. If I could get into the top 10 and get to the voting portion I’ll definitely be coming to T-Nation for some support/votes.

Im New- Thanks for the support and kind words man. You did the warrior dash? I actually wore my warrior dash shirt to the gym last night. How’d you like it? Did you dress up in a costume or just run it regular? The Tough Mudder seems awesome. Definitely a big step up from the WD. Does the TM come up to Canada as well?

EDIT: Im dumb and didnt post a pic… please ignore this post