Body Building Quotes

one from my all time favourite strongman: -

“If you can squat heavy and have solid shits, what more can you ask of life?”
Jon Paul Sigmarsson

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Whats up Dog, I knew I could count on you for some good quotes, haha. Bacon huh? Reminds me of this lady I am training now, we just started a few weeks ago. Some jackass told her about PF meals but forgot to mention what kind of fat she should be eating. Can you say a plate of bacon and scoops of mayo throughout the day? LOL.

Actually I just drop the benevolent all together. But I make it a point before I train anyone that I do this for fun, I have a fulltime gig so I dont need any headaches asscoiated with this part-time job. So if you are not serious and 100% willing to listen to me then you can keep your money and find another trainer.

But I have to give my clients credit, they work their asses off when they train with me and without exception I have gotten them to where they wanted to be.

Here are a few related ones I told the mayo lady last night.

“You can ask me anything you like, questions are good. But just because you phrase the question a slightly different way, it does not mean the answer will change”

“I dont care how many sets/reps you do as long as you give me everything you got. It is ok to fail, it is not ok to give up.”

A
[/quote]

Bro, looking back at all the stupid shit that I have done, it is amazing. Thank God I have run into some good people a long the way that were willing to point me in the right direction.

The funny thing is, I’d bet that deep down client knew that bacon and mayo was not a good idea - but since the person didn’t explicitly mention it to her, she rationalized that it could be part of her diet.

Those are both good quotes, but the last one I’m sure can give your clients a good kick in the ass.

[quote]eawhite wrote:
“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but ain’t nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight!”

-Ronnie Coleman[/quote]

My favorite BB quote. I can’t quote the other favorite but it was Dave Draper talking about the benefits of being in the beach shoots from bodybuilding back in the day. He asked the reporter, do you know what it got us? Reporter said no. DD said nothing but a sunburn and a wasted day.

Yeah I think I have heard that one before. Sigmarsson was a monster. Thanks mick

[quote]supermick wrote:
one from my all time favourite strongman: -

“If you can squat heavy and have solid shits, what more can you ask of life?”
Jon Paul Sigmarsson

[/quote]

This is the line I tell my clients when they fail, or have to cheat a rep, or get discouraged.

“In the gym is the only place in the world that it is okay to cheat and to fail. Cheat on your woman, get the boot. Fail on a project, get fired. Cheat here, oh well. Fail here, congratulations you just improved”

Nice one, is that a copyrighted quote or can I use it? haha
A

[quote]TrainerinDC wrote:
This is the line I tell my clients when they fail, or have to cheat a rep, or get discouraged.

“In the gym is the only place in the world that it is okay to cheat and to fail. Cheat on your woman, get the boot. Fail on a project, get fired. Cheat here, oh well. Fail here, congratulations you just improved” [/quote]

[quote]jaybvee wrote:
Forgot which USA coach said it but it goes like;
“Somewhere in China a little girl is warming up with your max”
[/quote]

The Chinese girl quote was a Powerful word not too long ago. The author may be familiar to you too…

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1021771

Cluster: Nice work man, I knew it was a PW statement from waaaay back but I still love it since it it most likely true for some of us.

Jay

Not bodybuilding but

“Wow, did you see the funbags on that one”

“Yea, he must workout”

Dumb&Dumber

[quote]E-man wrote:
Not bodybuilding but

“Yea, he must workout”

Dumb&Dumber[/quote]

No, it’s “Wow, did you see that butt?”

Yeah, he must workout.

From one of my favorite websites for hard core balls to the wall training.

“Which Side Are You On?”

The world is divided between the Haves and the Have Nots. The Have Notes make excuses to skip training - the weather, a flat tire. When they are in the gym, they talk endlessly, take too many trips to the water fountain. They worry about their hair. The Have Nots train so they can get a piece. The Haves? It’s all about the iron. They approach lifting like it’s a job. Do it right the first time, don’t screw around, and never cut corners. Time’s a wasting. Your set is up. Which side are you on? This is your choice. This is Animal. Can you handle it?

Do what you’ve always done and you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

Don’t remember who said it.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Do what you’ve always done and you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

Don’t remember who said it.[/quote]

Bill Philips said that, as the definition to insanity. Not sure if he made it up though.

One of my favorites has to be:

“I will not accept ANYTHING I have not worked for. I will not accept any limitations or boundaries others may try and hold me to. I LEAD a path others struggle to follow.”

Not sure where it came from. I’ve had it for a year, or two.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
E-man wrote:
Not bodybuilding but

“Yea, he must workout”

Dumb&Dumber

No, it’s “Wow, did you see that butt?”

Yeah, he must workout.[/quote]

Now Big, if we’re going to be nitpicky, we gotta do it all the way:

Harry: “Holy, jeez, look at the butt on that”

Lloyd: “Yeah… He must workout”

yes, I watch too many movies…

To my “light-bulb” proportioned buddy in college on the day he made me wait to squat while he finished all of his sets of curl in the power rack:

“Excuse me…are those your legs or are you standing on a chicken?”

LMAO, now thats some funny shit. I may have to use that quote a few times in my gym if its ok with you.

A

[quote]Ugluk wrote:
To my “light-bulb” proportioned buddy in college on the day he made me wait to squat while he finished all of his sets of curl in the power rack:

“Excuse me…are those your legs or are you standing on a chicken?”
[/quote]

This is funny. A friend of mine said, “When you squat you should feel it through your a**h*le”

And the good old “Squat til you puke”. Love it.

Well hello my love, welcome to my thread. Let me find out that behind the sweetness and innocence, there is some hardcore lifting mentality. So thats what a dream woman looks like…

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
This is funny. A friend of mine said, “When you squat you should feel it through your a**h*le”

And the good old “Squat til you puke”. Love it.[/quote]

Nice one, is that a copyrighted quote or can I use it? haha
A

TrainerinDC wrote:

“In the gym is the only place in the world that it is okay to cheat and to fail. Cheat on your woman, get the boot. Fail on a project, get fired. Cheat here, oh well. Fail here, congratulations you just improved”

[/quote]

That is not compyrighted. I made that one up as far as I know. So use away.

Well hello my love, welcome to my thread. Let me find out that behind the sweetness and innocence, there is some hardcore lifting mentality. So thats what a dream woman looks like…
[/quote]

That’s so sweet~