Body and Soul

Time is really short. I feel the need to always share Truth. I only have time to copy and paste. I have been accused when I do that because that I only make time to do things for me family. T-Nation doesn’t compete ; )

http://www.churchmilitant.tv/daily/?today=2013-08-18

All this Catholic Guy in the vid had to do was
pick up his Bible and not be so taken aback that it says that in the end times people will stray from
the faith…The Bible predicted it so it HAD to happen…did he expect the polar opposite of what
the Bible said and expected the Church to grow??
If the Church and the faith did grow, that would prove the Bible wrong, wouldn’t it?

Michael Voris knows the Bible quite well, check out his degree. Micheal is trying to save souls, what is your problem with that? Nothing will prove the Bible wrong because it is the Word of GOD. If the polar opposite did happen, that simply means we are NOT at the end times.

Nice playing with you ; )

[quote]Karado wrote:
All this Catholic Guy in the vid had to do was pick up his Bible and not be so taken aback that it says that in the end times people will stray from the faith…The Bible predicted it so it HAD to happen…did he expect the polar opposite of what the Bible said and expected the Church to grow?? If the Church and the faith did grow, that would prove the Bible wrong, wouldn’t it?[/quote]

Do Catholics believe in the ‘‘Rapture’’, the sudden disappearance of Millions of Christians around
the World prior to the tribulation?
Catholic Paul Thigpen in his book ‘‘The Rapture Trap’’ says it’s false, a lie, and a protestant fairy tale.
In that case, where in Catholic media is the screaming from the rooftops warning other Christians about
this apparent pervasive deception broadcast to millions of Christians around the World via Christian
television, radio and shortwave broadcasts other than just Paul Thigpen?

Shouldn’t there be a 24/7 Catholic ‘‘Red Alert, Red Alert The rapture is a lie channel’’ on TV/radio/shortwave to rebuke
the apparent massive lie of the rapture theory talked about daily in Christian programming?

Many Christians are expecting to disappear in the rapture before the great tribulation, and IF, IF the rapture
doesn’t happen according to Catholics, if they don’t disappear, you’re gonna see a GREATER falling away from the faith
because they were TOLD they were going to disappear prior to the tribulation by some of the biggest, most popular
preachers in Christian media worldwide.

These are questions I’m asking…Is anybody up to the challenge other than possibly taking the
EASIEST route and simply just attack me? That’s the easiest thing in the world if one doesn’t
have a answer and gets annoyed because of it…are you gonna take the easy way out as well?
Who IS the critical thinker on these issues? Who is willing and able to answer these questions?

Are YOU able? How good are you?

The whole rapture thing has the sound of protestant hearsay to it. Now that is just in this gimps mind.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-rapture

[quote]Karado wrote:
Do Catholics believe in the ‘‘Rapture’’, the sudden disappearance of Millions of Christians around
Catholic Paul Thigpen in his book ‘‘The Rapture Trap’’ says it’s false, a lie, and a protestant fairy tale.
In that case, where in Catholic media is the screaming from the rooftops warning other Christians about
this apparent pervasive deception broadcast to millions of Christians around the World via Christian
television, radio and shortwave broadcasts other than just Paul Thigpen?

Shouldn’t there be a 24/7 Catholic ‘‘Red Alert, Red Alert The rapture is a lie channel’’ on TV/radio/shortwave to rebuke
the apparent massive lie of the rapture theory talked about daily in Christian programming?

Many Christians are expecting to disappear in the rapture before the great tribulation, and IF, IF the rapture
doesn’t happen according to Catholics, if they don’t disappear, you’re gonna see a GREATER falling away from the faith
because they were TOLD they were going to disappear prior to the tribulation by some of the biggest, most popular
preachers in Christian media worldwide.

These are questions I’m asking…Is anybody up to the challenge other than possibly taking the
EASIEST route and simply just attack me? That’s the easiest thing in the world if one doesn’t
have a answer and gets annoyed because of it…are you gonna take the easy way out as well?
Who IS the critical thinker on these issues? Who is willing and able to answer these questions?

Are YOU able? How good are you?

[/quote]

members of the church that kept humanity back for 1.500 years talking about “pervasive deception”
Fucking lol

Dag Nabbit! Lots of Bible Belt Believers one day are gonna be Dad Gum disappointed that ol’ Kirk Cameron
and all his Protestant buddies everywhere told em’ one big rootin’ tootin’ lie.

I’ve always scratched my head at a ‘Two Stage’ Return of the Messiah anyway…kinda odd if ya ask me,
but who knows, maybe y’all Catholics is wrong about the rapture.

There are all kinds of Billboards and stuff down there yonder tellin’ all kinds of Good Country folk
they’ll be disappearin’ like Houdini before the tribulation…well then, bust my britches if the Catholics
ain’t givin’ us a line of Bullshit about it and are tellin’ us the truth…‘Wonder if the protestants HERE think
the rapture’s a load of warm steamin’ Bull Doo Doo as well and agree with the Catholics on the rapture.

[quote]Karado wrote:
[/quote]

No. Because it is not biblical.

[quote]Quiet Warrior wrote:
members of the church that kept humanity back for 1.500 years talking about “pervasive deception”
Fucking lol

[/quote]

Brother Chris typed: “No. Because it is not biblical.”

Ya know, I think I may agree with my Mary worshipping, ‘Miracle Of The Sun’ Believing,
Rosary Bead caressing Catholic Friends on this one…Let’s all sing KUMBAYA now…for a minute anyway.

I think some Catholics are cool…Dean Koontz has been Catholic since college, Dean’s is a VERY popular Horror Author on par
with Stephen King in popularity and Dean is 6th in rank as one of most highly paid authors on the Planet
selling over 450 million books in around 30 years.
If one hasn’t read Dean before I must ask, What the fuck are you waiting for!
You’re missing out, Dean’s a brilliant writer, there an interview I found YT from EWTN interviewed by Raymond Arroyo
who enjoys his work as well.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
[/quote]

No. Because it is not biblical.[/quote]

Now if you are stating that the word Rapture is not in the bible then you are correct.

The idea of the rapture is biblical. Look at 1 Thes 4:13-18 which uses the word “caught up” and the latin word is Rapture. The idea is that we will be caught up, and meet Jesus in the air.

I am not a Pre-Tribulation Rapture person by any stretch of the imagination. When the end comes there will be a “rapture”, and that includes the dead in Christ, and the alive in Christ.

Thread title somehow reminded me of this scene from Big.

If there’s any interesting religious tie-in or speculation concerning the events of Tom Hanks’ character change throughout the film relating his soul to the state of his body or some such similar thing that could make for cool conversation.

Annnnnd there’s the differing beliefs WITHIN the rapture believers where the TIMING of the
alleged great event where Cars will be suddenly unmanned and crash everywhere, same with Planes crashing to
the ground chaotically, etc. will happen…So the timing differentiations on the rapture theory by different people is confusing in
and of itself because rapture theory ITSELF is likely wrong…so it’s like a lie, within a lie, within a lie.
Pre-Trib Rapture, Mid-Trib Rapture, Pre-Wrath Rapture…sigh.

IDK Man, you live in Texas and the VERY Popular Obese Preacher John Hagee is from there
and is on the airwaves VERY regularly talking about this rapture as an absolute certainty…no doubt…hardcore certainty
and standing his ground 100 percent on it…I understand, I’m and NOT saying you attend his Church or anything, it’s just very
curious that most U.S. Christians that believe this theory seem to live mainly south of the Mason-Dixon line.

lol BK…I think it’s more interesting discussing Tom Hanks character change to inevitable freedom
from bondage via a dead end job may be more interesting…His ‘300 dollar a week’ rant in the under appreciated,
Ebert approved ‘‘Joe Vs. The Volcano’’ speaks to a mass of humanity out there… dark comedic stuff early on here.

Earlier in the movie at work he’s referring to his worn out shoes, but we know what he REALLY means when
he said he was losing his ‘‘sole’’…haha, brilliant.

[quote]Karado wrote:
lol BK…I think it’s more interesting discussing Tom Hanks character change to inevitable freedom
from bondage via a dead end job may be more interesting…His ‘300 dollar a week’ rant in the under appreciated,
Ebert approved ‘‘Joe Vs. The Volcano’’ speaks to a mass of humanity out there… dark comedic stuff early on here.

Earlier in the movie at work he’s referring to his worn out shoes, but we know what he REALLY means when
he said he was losing his ‘‘sole’’…haha, brilliant.

[/quote]

That’s interesting, maybe his soul begins to become more vibrant and alive throughout the course of his films until he’s finally willing to let go of his inhibitions and chase his desires and dreams, that would explain all of these Meg Ryan rom-coms (Meg Ryan looks pretty hot as a worn-out office worker with black hair). The ending of deserved freedom would probably also explain Cast Away, The Terminal etc. come to think of it.

Maybe his soul is naturally inclined towards aspirations of freedom and that allows him to fit so well into those roles that the chemistry is grand enough for them to be regarded as among his best films/performances, of a somehow broken man that becomes free.

Maybe then we could make the case that the films not generally regarded as objectively “freeing” plot progressions but that retain Hanks’ passion and growth as both a character and actor could have an unconventional thematic relevance to freedom when put under the microscope hardily enough.

Maybe the film itself is not the basis for freedom, but the production or behind the scenes work that allowed Hanks to flourish in a new direction that he was excited to finally be opened up to.

Great observations…DAMN my internet went out while typing mine and I lost what I typed…ARRRGH!

Anyway they were pretty much in line with yours…But I was VERY surprised to find a fascinating little dissection
of this overlooked flick before Tom went into Oscar territory with Antonio Banderas as his lover.
I think you may find it interesting…and yes, I prefer the younger Meg with dark eyes and dark hair,
must be the Catalan in me…:wink:

Shit, what was this thread about? I’ll get to you other guys later.

[quote]Karado wrote:
Great observations…DAMN my internet went out while typing mine and I lost what I typed…ARRRGH!

Anyway they were pretty much in line with yours…
[/quote]

Ha, ^stoner ramblings of mine^, but maybe there is some method behind them, I guess it’s time to hunt for Tom Hanks trivia.

[quote]But I was VERY surprised to find a fascinating little dissection
of this overlooked flick before Tom went into Oscar territory with Antonio Banderas as his lover.[/quote]

Man, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close would have been the Oscar bait of the early century if it wasn’t so awful. I look forward to Captain Phillips though, even if it may or may not hit at the same Oscar strings.

[quote] and yes, I prefer the younger Meg with dark eyes and dark hair,
must be the Catalan in me…;)[/quote]

Dark hair Meg Ryan is super hot, I enjoy young blonde “When harry Met Sally” Meg Ryan too, but there’s something special about alternate Meg Ryan.