Bob's Log

Depression - what Captain Morgan, Diet Coke, and weed was invented for - LOL!

[quote]bobadams23 wrote:
Depression - what Captain Morgan, Diet Coke, and weed was invented for - LOL![/quote]

And bubble wrap.

Good job Bob. There are going to be good days and bad days, make the best of both.

Word of advice from a former fat guy, you will likely fall off the wagon at some point, just get back on keep moving forward. If you end up eating some crap for lunch or whatever don’t beat yourself up or skip meals to make up for it, hop back on track and forget about it. Right foot left foot, eventually you’ll be where you want to be.

Whoops…I feel like a ass. But ,Welcome. Sorry for the late greeting.

Thursday: Much better workout. Did Back/Shoulders/Biceps. Made all 5x5 sets (started low, slow, and increased as I could as I went). I finished my workout on the concentrated DB curls and man was I jelly! Sweating like a rotessarie chicken and puffing like a whale!

Bi’s and shoulders a bit sore today (in a good way) and I got the legs to do today (I hate doing legs - they are always the sorest!).

Well, here’s to the legs and then on to the 4th of July weekend

Nice job Bob, sounds like you’re finding your groove.

Hit them legs hard hoss! Legs contain the largest muscle groups in the body= more calories burnt= more weight loss!

In that case dday - I’m fucking these legs up - I won’t walk right for a week :slight_smile:

LOL

How’s it going over there Bob?

Hey all,

July 4th weekend update:

• Was fishing and enjoying the weekend.
  • Broke the diet Sunday/Monday - but am back on the diet today and will be back in the gym today.

Hi, Bob. Lots of us do the same thing on holidays.

Speaking of holidays, I usually visit my brother for Thanksgiving or Christmas. He lives in Rockford. Is that near you, out of curiosity?

Holidays are the worst for dieting. Between events and dinners etc, schedules get out of whack the only thing to do is get back at it.
How are your legs feeling?

Cavalier - Rockford is about 3 hours or so from me (that is up next to Chicago while I am straight east, across the Mississippi from St. Louis). If you want to meet up in St. Louis - let me know.

dday - Legs are actually pretty good. I did some walking around some farm ponds Saturday and I think that helped work our some stiffness. They a little tired/rubbery after me workout today, but nothing to write home about.

Got back into my workout today (abs and forearms) and did great! Hard to work the abs really well with the gut I have, but it will get better over time.

Side note: I took my first dose of the Biotest Superfood (along with my other vitamins) on an empty stomach and about 30 minutes later I was hyper as hell - so I worked out in the middle of the day - I still have energy (although tired) so I was wondering: a) does anyone else take Superfood? and b) Does it give you an energy boost like the one I experienced today?

If so, then I love this shit!!!

[quote]bobadams23 wrote:
Cavalier - Rockford is about 3 hours or so from me (that is up next to Chicago while I am straight east, across the Mississippi from St. Louis). If you want to meet up in St. Louis - let me know.

dday - Legs are actually pretty good. I did some walking around some farm ponds Saturday and I think that helped work our some stiffness. They a little tired/rubbery after me workout today, but nothing to write home about.

Got back into my workout today (abs and forearms) and did great! Hard to work the abs really well with the gut I have, but it will get better over time.

Side note: I took my first dose of the Biotest Superfood (along with my other vitamins) on an empty stomach and about 30 minutes later I was hyper as hell - so I worked out in the middle of the day - I still have energy (although tired) so I was wondering: a) does anyone else take Superfood? and b) Does it give you an energy boost like the one I experienced today?

If so, then I love this shit!!! [/quote]

Bob, belated welcome. Stick with it. Remember, if it was easy, then everybody would be doing it.

My wife is from S. Ill, a little place called T-Town (Teutopolis).

[quote]bobadams23 wrote:
[/quote]

Looking good in here Bob, although I’d say at this point devoting a day to training abs and forearms is not the best use of your training time. They don’t really burn a lot of calories, just chuck them in at the end on another day.

Other than that, great stuff!

Update on Biotest Superfood:

I drank my 8 ounces of water with a small scoop of Superfood and yep, I got another surge of energy about 30 minutes after drinking it. This stuff is great so far (in my opinion).

Good job Bob, keep humpin’.

I’ve taken Superfood in the past and don’t recall getting a boot of energy but everyone reacts differently to different things. If it’s working for you and you like it keep doing it. Might also try Rhodiola, sold here, it’s great for mood enhancing and supposed to help slim you down.

If someone’s lacking in certain nutrients, taking it can give a real boost. Have you had any such reaction to protein shakes or such?

Ok,

Update for Saturday - Remember I said earlier that I went fishing last week. Well I woke up last Wednesday morning covered head to toe in hives and my left eye was swollen shut. Went to the doc and it seems I have the world’s worst case of poison Sumac over 80% of my rather large body (apparantly your local friendly neighborhood fatboy got it on his head, face, legs, and hands - and then was spread to all the other parts of the body).

Off the Atkins diet I am again as she wants me to resume a more ‘normal’ diet till Monday. She gave me a shot (eye opened up in less than an hour - that was pretty freaking awesome) and she has got me on script antihistimines and Prednizone (steriods).

I am feeling much better this Saturday - but once again, a huge dent in my diet and workout plans… Come on Monday!

I have some curiosity about supplements for working out and male enhancement for us guys over 40 - there is so much spam and internet ‘noise’ I don’t know whats for real and what is just snake oil.

Is there maybe another thread somewhere on here that discusses this topic? I’m interested in what I should be taking to help me burn my weight - what to take to help bulk up - and does male performance enhancers actually work (I mean I love Ron Jeremy, but can I trust him with my Johnson ?? LOL).

I’m puzzled why a non-Atkins diet would help clear up a rash. Sorry to hear about your problems, Bob, hope things get better soon.