Bob Barr is an Idiot...

And I am not even planning on supporting the GOP… Seriously, the more I learn about this guy the more I wish he would step on a rake.

Idiot or not, he’ll be eating up a few points of McCain’s ballots.

Yeah, the LP has consistently been a bunch of fuckups. Now they’re fuckups without principles.

mike

He’s a phony and a spook.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Yeah, the LP has consistently been a bunch of fuckups. Now they’re fuckups without principles.

mike[/quote]

Did you know he actually went to work as a lobbyist for the MPP (Marijuana Policy Project) after passing legislation denying DC voters the right to pass a medical marijuana bill?

He’s the furthest thing from a libertarian I can think of…

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:

mike

Did you know he actually went to work as a lobbyist for the MPP (Marijuana Policy Project) after passing legislation denying DC voters the right to pass a medical marijuana bill?

He’s the furthest thing from a libertarian I can think of…[/quote]

From what I know of him he’s been pretty consistent on civil liberties. Takes a lot for a guy who spearheaded the Clinton impeachment trial to work together with the ACLU. Right now I’m leaning toward voting for him.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:

From what I know of him he’s been pretty consistent on civil liberties. Takes a lot for a guy who spearheaded the Clinton impeachment trial to work together with the ACLU. Right now I’m leaning toward voting for him.[/quote]

Regardless of whatever views he claims to hold at this moment, “consistent” is not the word I would use for a man that almost single-handedly TOOK AWAY Washington, DC voter’s right to pass medical marijuana legislation, then he took a job as a lobbyist supporting marijuana. The guy is a whack job, why not just right-in Ron Paul?

I think Bob Barr wants his name in the newspaper and is more interested in some political move closer to 2012.

I’d have to read up more on his platform, but I might be interested in throwing a vote his way. Who else would I vote for? McCain? Or, heaven forbid, one of the Democrats?

Go Bob!

Fiscal conservative?

Strongly for rights of individuals?

The question is, does he qualify as batshit crazy like Ron Paul?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Go Bob!

Fiscal conservative?

The question is, does he qualify as batshit crazy like Ron Paul?[/quote]

He’s batshit crazy, but not in the good way that RP is.

I’m telling you, a few years ago his MO was writing legislation to take people’s rights away… Now this!?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I’d have to read up more on his platform, but I might be interested in throwing a vote his way. Who else would I vote for? McCain? Or, heaven forbid, one of the Democrats?[/quote]

Sloth, I really want to hear more about where you come from ideologically. Are you anywhere near Idaho? I could use some more good members for the Palouse Sons of Liberty.

mike

[quote]vroom wrote:
Go Bob!

Fiscal conservative?

The question is, does he qualify as batshit crazy like Ron Paul?[/quote]

Well he voted in favor of the patriot act and invading Iraq and also has voted in favor of drug legislation – though just recently has changed his mind about its effectiveness. He’s not really a libertarian.

I don’t consider him batshit crazy because he doesn’t seem to have any clear principles dedicated to libertarianism. That seems to be the definition of batshit the way you use it.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I’d have to read up more on his platform, but I might be interested in throwing a vote his way. Who else would I vote for? McCain? Or, heaven forbid, one of the Democrats?

Sloth, I really want to hear more about where you come from ideologically. Are you anywhere near Idaho? I could use some more good members for the Palouse Sons of Liberty.

mike[/quote]

Heh, nah. Just moved to Florida. But, I appreciate the gesture. Ideologically, hmm. Orthodox-Catholic, personally a moral conservative (a prude). Yet, I don’t see the government as having a legitmate role in enforcing what I believe to be a “moral” way of living. Basically, I don’t believe we should punish the prostitute, or the junkie for engaging in consenting behavior, even though I truly believe it to be immoral behavior. So, I’m morally conservative, but very libertarian in my views concerning the role of government. And fiscally, I believe Americans made/make America great. So, leave tax dollars, as much as absolutely possible, with those who earned it.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:
Sloth wrote:

mike

Heh, nah. Just moved to Florida. But, I appreciate the gesture. Ideologically, hmm. Orthodox-Catholic, personally a moral conservative (a prude). Yet, I don’t see the government as having a legitmate role in enforcing what I believe to be a “moral” way of living. Basically, I don’t believe we should punish the prostitute, or the junkie for engaging in consenting behavior, even though I truly believe it to be immoral behavior. So, I’m morally conservative, but very libertarian in my views concerning the role of government. And fiscally, I believe Americans made/make America great. So, leave tax dollars, as much as absolutely possible, with those who earned it.[/quote]

You forgot the paleocon foreign policy…

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:
Sloth wrote:

mike

Heh, nah. Just moved to Florida. But, I appreciate the gesture. Ideologically, hmm. Orthodox-Catholic, personally a moral conservative (a prude). Yet, I don’t see the government as having a legitmate role in enforcing what I believe to be a “moral” way of living. Basically, I don’t believe we should punish the prostitute, or the junkie for engaging in consenting behavior, even though I truly believe it to be immoral behavior. So, I’m morally conservative, but very libertarian in my views concerning the role of government. And fiscally, I believe Americans made/make America great. So, leave tax dollars, as much as absolutely possible, with those who earned it.

You forgot the paleocon foreign policy…[/quote]

Heh. True enough, I did. Paleo on foreign policy, abortion, and the border. And again cuturally/morally I sound like a Paleo, however, mostly I wouldn’t want the government to police consenting behavior.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:
Sloth wrote:

mike

Heh, nah. Just moved to Florida. But, I appreciate the gesture. Ideologically, hmm. Orthodox-Catholic, personally a moral conservative (a prude). Yet, I don’t see the government as having a legitmate role in enforcing what I believe to be a “moral” way of living. Basically, I don’t believe we should punish the prostitute, or the junkie for engaging in consenting behavior, even though I truly believe it to be immoral behavior. So, I’m morally conservative, but very libertarian in my views concerning the role of government. And fiscally, I believe Americans made/make America great. So, leave tax dollars, as much as absolutely possible, with those who earned it.[/quote]

I’m pretty much in agreement with most of that. But I think libertarian is often a cover for libertine, and I definitely consider myself more of a traditional conservative than a libertarian.