Boatguy's New Log - Starting 2 On/2 Off

Not sure where the old logs went, so I am starting a new one here. Haven’t done my old one since beginning of summer anyway.

Quick background: Been lifting since my junior year in HS, so about 18+ years. Last ten or so have been a hybrid of strength/performance coupled with muscle building. Been in the Navy for 17+ years, and had a marginal amateur MMA career from 99-06 (final record 1-5).

In July, I realized I was a little thicker around the waist than I liked, so I went on a diet: 2 protein shakes and 3 BCAA drinks (12g ea) per day, followed by a decent dinner(this part was challenging in South America). Leaned out nicely, and have stayed on a modified version of that since (BCAAs pre-workout, 2 protein shakes, followed by dinner), after a brief stint on the Anabolic Diet (too hard to make my calorie goals). Didn’t have a scale with me in SA, so I don’t know how much weight I lost. But amazingly, with what should be a pretty decent caloric deficit each day now, I haven’t dropped a ton of weight in the last couple months since being home.

Current stats:
6’ 202lb (weighed naked first thing this morning)

Have squatted in the high 400s(September 2009 I maxed at 495-best ever), but with work and life that has slipped, and I am currently repping in the high 3’s.
Bench has always been an issue, everytime I make good progress, something happens (usually scheduling) and I am unable to maintain, and backslide. Consistantly bench just under 300, but last Thursday I actually put up 300.
Deadlift - 365 x 4 on Sat
OH Press - another weak point. For years, when following a body part split, I never focused on delts, so they are my major weak spot. COuple that with a shoulder injury summer 2010ish, and my OH Pressing sucks. Recently have gotten back up to pressing 135 for more than one rep(don’t have my notebook in front of me).
Pullups - THIS is where it’s at. I LOVE weighted pullups, and can do 1-2 reps with 115. Pullups have always been fairly easy for me, even back in high school when I had no muscle on me, I could still knock out a few pullups.

Going to add measurements later…going to do pics as well for progress, but don’t know if I’ll post any.

Also, I am starting a 2-week on/2-week off cycle experiment of my own.
2 weeks on: 30mg/ED dbol(20mg on non lifting days), 54mg ED Epivar(epistane clone).
2 weeks off: 10 mg ED dbol as a bridge, nolva @ 40mg first couple days off, then 20mg rest of off cycle. Plan to use Power Drive to keep workouts intense during off periods.

I know, I know, oral only cycles suck. Well, it’s what I have so bite me. I am in a position to where I could be tested if I give the appearance of using, so what I am hoping to gain from this is increased strength(hoping to keep most of), as well as quality muscle gain without being too rapid.

I’ve seen the posts on the steroid forum, so if all you have to contribute is how stupid my cycle is, let’s go by the assumption that I’ve already heard it. I appreciate constructive criticism, but don’t care to mess with a bunch of flaming posts. I like to try and prove things myself, even if I prove myself wrong.

Lifting Schedule:
I lift Tu-Thu-Sat, and do cardio/conditioning M-W-F.
My training split has three different days- Horizontal Push/Pull (bench and row), Vertical push/pull (pullup and OH press), and lower body (varies between squats, deadlifts, front squats, and various single leg moves), on a constant rotation.

Like so- Week 1
Day 1- bench/row Day 2- lower body Day 3- pullup/press
Week 2
Day 1- lower body Day 2- bench/row Day 3- lower body
Week 3
Day 1- pullup/press Day 2- lower body Day 3- bench/row
Week 4
Day 1- lower body Day 2- pullup/press Day 3- lower body

rinse and repeat

Monday 12 DEC 2011

Started cycles at reduced dosage (non-lifting day)
Weight - 202

Cardio- Litvinovs
KB Swing(88#) x 10 reps followed immediately by
1/4 run on treadmill @ 12.5mph(fastest speed on that unit)
90 second rest

I did this four times, after the fourth one I took a 10-second HR to figure my BPM - 174. Used to do this with my HR monitor on, but lately it has been sliding down very easily. I think my strap might be wearing out. This workout sucks, but it got my semi-annual PRT run time down from mid-10’s to low-9’s, and I think I even got a high 8 a few years ago, when I was doing these a lot. Just getting back into them.

Followed this with Double KB Windmills with a 35 in each hand, 3 x 6 each side, and a good stretching session. Had to get to work, so that was all I did.

Also went back to a ‘normal’ diet, to help with weight gain. I am keeping the cardio days in, because I can’t afford to let that part go, and to try and keep any fat gain off. If I feel like it is becoming detrimental, then I will scale it back and do something less intense.

Welcome aboard.

Assuming ex US navy right ? (respect for that)

Never been in the services myself although surrounded by it here (Royal navy and Royal marines).

I wouldn’t dare to comment on the supplements–way out of my experience anyway.

You have a fast running time–i have tried for the 1.5 miles within 10 minutes several times and can’t quite crack it, favourite routine now is what i call ‘dartmoor miles’ based on the RM speed march ie a mile evry 10 minutes but with maximum height gain…certainly maxes my heart rate out.

big nurse - It is a decent run time, but where I work, there are quite a few faster. Did the fall PRT 24 Oct, with a run time of 9:42. That put me ahead of the middle, but not at the front. Just turned 35, and working with a bunch of super fit guys in their early 20s definitely keeps me young. Truth be told, I can beat most of them in certain things, and a lot of them can beat me in other stuff. When it comes to swimming, I truly suck(at least compared to the guys I work with).

13 Dec 2011

Took the higher lifting day dose today, but didn’t feel it in the gym like I thought I would. Could be from the morning ‘workout’ the wife gave me;) I told her when I got home from work, no more morning sex on lifting days, haha.

Vertical Push/Pull
(As and Bs are supersetted)

1A. Weighted Pullup - BW x 10, 45 x 10, 60 x 8, 75 x 5, 90 x 4, 90 x 4, 90 x 4;
1B. OH Press - 45(empty bar) x 10, 95 x 8, 105 x 6, 115 x 5, 125 x 5, 135 x 4, 135 x 3;
2A. Pullup, semi-neutral grip - BW x 11, 11, 10, 10;
2B. 1 Arm OH Press - 45 x 8, 50 x 8, 55 x 8, 60 x 8;
3. Thumbs Up Lateral Raise - 25 x 8, 8, 8;
4. Band Pullapart - 20, 20, 20;

Just wasn’t feeling it in the gym today, and was kind of pressed for time. Had intended to do some tris/bis, but just felt wiped by the end of this.

Also increased calories today, started taking in carbs with my peri-workout nutrition, as well as eating an actual lunch instead of a protein shake. Like I said above, this is planned as a quick bulk, but I don’t plan on getting too crazy with it.

Welcome, Boatguy. And your weights do NOT suck compared to some people here.

Thanks cav.

14 Dec 2011

Lower dose today, cardio day.

Versaclimber - crank resistance as high as it will go, and climb away. Kept HR in the high 140s.
10:00 session, followed by 20 situps, did four sessions (40:00 total climb time).

Might change my lifting plan next week, to cut back on cardio days during ‘on’ weeks.

Didn’t get my log entered yesterday, so double post today.

15 December 2011

1A. Squat - 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 8, 275 x 8, 315 x 6, 365 x 4, 405 x 4;
1B. Box Jump - X, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3;
2. Front Squat - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 225 x 6, 275 x 4, 315 x 3, 185 x 20;
3. Snatch Grip Dimel Deadlift - 185 x 20, 185 x 20;
4. Leg Press - 360 x 8, 450 x 8, 540 x 6;
Screw Curl - 40 x 8, 45 x 8, 50 x 8;

Haven’t squatted that heavy in a while, felt good. Box height for jumps is 39" for the first four sets (X means I didn’t do them for that super set), and 40" for the last one.

I do leg presses at the end because it helps to stretch my lower back when I go heavy and deep.

16 December 2011

Today’s workout was done at a commercial fitness center instead of my work gym, since I was off for the day to attend my daughter’s Christmas program at school. It’s actually a pretty decent gym for a fitness center. They have all the amenities, plus two power racks, and they don’t mess with me for squatting or deadlifting heavy.

1A. Meadows Row - 90 x 8, 90 x 8, 100 x 8, 115 x 6, 125 x 6, 125 x 6, 125 x 6;
1B. Bench - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 225 x 6, 245 x 4, 275 x 2, 295 x 1, 305 x 1;
2A. Seated Cable Row - 140 x 8, 180 x 8, 200 x 6*;
2B. Low Incline DB Bench - 50 x 8, 60 x 8, 70 x 8, 80 x 6*;
3. Stretcher - 120 x 8, 140 x 8, 160 x 8*;

• First three sets of Incline were supersetted with Cable Row, while the last set was supersetted with the first set of the Stretcher.

The Meadows Row and Stretcher both came from a John Meadows article here. The Meadows Row is done using a T-Bar row machine, except you stand in front of the machine, facing perpendicular and gripping the end of the bar. At the bottom of each rep, you shift your hips away from the bar to stretch the lat. The Stretcher is done on a pulldown machine, except you kneel on one knee with the other foot bracing against the seat. At the top, you let your shoulders relax and really stretch your lats; as you pull down, you lean back slightly and transition to a row, pulling the handle to your midsection.

Two good workouts in two days, I am happy so far. Going to do an ice bath/hot bath contrast soak later this afternoon, to chase away some soreness. Getting my strength back up where it used to be. Pretty decent work for the first week, next week should be even better. Already up about 5 pounds.

Back to the commercial gym for an arm day. I don’t normally do a dedicated arm day, but figured on this cycle, no reason not to.

17 December 2011

1A. Close Grip Bench - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 205 x 6, 225 x 4;
1B. Incline Curl - 40 x 8, 40 x 8, 45 x 6;
2A. Kickback - 30 x 8, 30 x 8, 30 x 8;
2B. Screw Curl - 40 x 8, 45 x 8, 50 x 5;
3. Weighted Dip - 90 x 8, 90 x 8, 90 x 8;

Arms felt like they tired out pretty quick. Next week I’ll do the same thing, but up the weights and lower the reps on dips.

Bloody hell! 400 lb squats supersetted with box jumps is seriously hard work.

I think if I tried that I’d end up losing my front teeth.

and is this your first experiment with…aherm…(looks over shoulders)…PEDs?

^^^ Ditto, that’s a lot of squatting.

Farmer- To be fair, I didn’t jump after the set at 135 or 405, but did with every other set. The first couple sets of jumps actually feel pretty good, almost effortless. Then I get past 3 plates and everything changes. And…(looks around before leaning in closer)…I have ‘experimented’ before, but it was back in 99, and it was a really dumb cycle made from my buddies’ leftovers (who didn’t even tell me they were ordering!). Had enough stuff for a good cycle, but I went overboard on a 5 week cycle while prepping for my second MMA fight (really stupid), and put on a ton of water weight, with no post-cycle therapy to get everything running properly again…It’s a wonder I still have testicles…good times…

cav - Thanks again.

Keep forgetting to bring my lifting logbook home so I can post it. Had another good lower day today, squatted 425 for 2(?) and front squatted 325 for two singles…meant to be a double, but where I had the safety bars set, I came down for my second rep, and hit the bars. Right side was a tad higher than the left, which tossed the bar off balance, so I dropped it to keep from torquing anything. Got help from our trainer to get it back on the hooks, reset, and did another single. Also, weighted 210 on Mon morning, did no cardio yesterday because work got in the way, and then weighed 208 this morning.

I have duty tomorrow, so I will catch this week up on Friday after Horizontal Push/Pull.

Okay, so it’s Saturday night, but here’s my update. Here’s hoping all you T-Nationers have a Merry Christmas.

19 December 2011

1A. Weighted Pullup - BW x 10, 45 x 8, 60 x 6, 75 x 6, 90 x 4, 100 x 3, 100 x 3;
1B. OH Press - Bar x 10, 95 x 8, 105 x 8, 115 x 6, 125 x 5, 135 x 4, 140 x 3;
2A. Pullup - BW x 11*, 10**, 10, 10 NG;
2B. 1 Arm OH Press - 50 x 8, 55 x 8, 60 x 8, 65 x 6;
3. Thumbs Up Lateral Raise - 25 x 8, 30 x 8, 30 x 8;
External Rotation - 10 x 20, 10 x 20;

• This set - first 5 reps were explosive past nipple line, followed by 5 neutral grip.
    ** This set - first 4 reps same as above, followed by 6 neutral grip.
    NG - neutral grip

21 December 2011

1A. Squat - 135 x 10, 225 x 8, 275 x 8, 315 x 6, 365 x 4, 405 x 3, 425 x 2;
1B. Box Jump - 31" box* x 3, 3, 39" x 3, 3, 41" x 3, 3;
2. Front Squat - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 225 x 6, 275 x 4, 325 x 1-1, 205 x 20;
3A. Snatch Dimel - 195 x 20, 20;
3B. Leg Press - 360 x 10, 450 x 8, 540 x 8;

Box Jumps - started that low because the other boxes were being used.
Front Squat - 1-1 means I did 1 rep, then came down for the second and went a little deeper, only to find out the safety stops were uneven. I found that out when the bar hit the right side stop but not the left, which caused the bar to rock to the left, so I dropped the bar instead of tweaking anything. Reloaded, and did another rep.

23 December 2011

1A. Pendlay Row - 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 185 x 8, 205 x 6, 225 x 6, 225 x 6, 225 x 6;
1B. Bench - 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 6, 245 x 3, 275 x 1, 295 x 1, 315 x 1*;
2A. Deadstop Row - 70 x 8, 80 x 8, 90 x 8;
2B. 1 Arm Floor Press - 60 x 8, 70 x8, 80 x 8;
3A. Cobra - 30 x 8, 30 x 8, 30 x 8;
3B. Crossover - 30 x 8, 40 x 8, 40 x 8;
External Rotation - 10 x 20, 10 x 20;

Bench - I got the single at 315, but screwed myself up mentally as I unracked, and ended up throwing my ass sky high to get the bar back up.

Started the first two weeks on at 202, got as high as 210.5, but ended up at 208.5. Starting two weeks off with the bridge tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. My wife took the kids to FL to spend Christmas with her Grandmother, so I spent this Christmas morning by myself. I know, sounds depressing, but I have never been a big holiday person. I would have gone with them, but they split our holdiay leave into two periods, like always, and I submitted for the second period, to ensure I was home the 28th when my little sister will get out of the halfway house, and finally be free and clear after 4-5 years of jail, house arrest, etc.(convicted on three felony counts - B&E, grand theft auto, and possession).

So, I will be flying to Tampa on the 27th, and probably won’t get any decent workouts in while I am down there. Because of this, I took yesterday off, then went in this morning and hit a good pullup/press workout. I will hit the gym tomorrow as well, and then try and get in Tues morning before I go to the airport, to make up for the time I will lose later this week.

And, once again, I left my lifting log at work, so I will have to update todays session tomorrow.

Odd side note, as I stated yesterday, I started the 2 on/2 off at 202, got up to 210, then weighed 208 yesterday morning. Got up this morning at 211.5. Three pounds yesterday, crazy.

25 December 2011

1A. Weighted Pullup - BW x 10, 45 x 10, 60 x 8, 75 x 6, 100 x 3, 100 x 3;
1B. OH Press - Bar(45) x 10, 95 x 10, 115 x 6, 125 x 6, 135 x 4, 145 x 3;
2A. Ball Crunch - 50 x 10, 50 x 8, 50 x 8;
2B. Hanging Leg Raise - 10, 10, 10 (no weight);
3A. Pullup(all bodyweight) - 4-7, 4-7, 3-8, 11NG;
3B. 1 Arm Press - 50 x 8, 55 x 8, 60 x 8, 65 x 8;
4A. Heavy T - 25 x 8, 15 x 8, 15 x 8;
4B. Side Lateral - 25 x 8, 25 x 8, 25 x 8;

Had trouble getting started this morning, the whole workout felt like crap. I know I still got 100 for two triples, but they were effing brutal (moreso than normal, and not pretty. Was happy with 145 for OH Press though. Definitely have noticed a difference since I started training shoulders more consistently(didn’t used to, in fact used to go weeks or months at a time with no direct shoulder moves).

Ball Crunch - Hadn’t done these in a while, and have noticed a lack of ab training(more on that later). If you haven’t done these before, here’s what you do: get a big physio ball(ab ball)-the stiffer the better(less stable=more work). Find something to anchor your feet, hold a dumbbell on your chest, and do crunches. Your butt should be below the very top of the ball, on the side toward your feet, so that you hyperextend over the ball as you lay back. I definitely like these, and had forgotten how brutal they can be, especially supersetted with hanging leg raises. The last rep or two of the second and third sets were excruciating, as your abs tell you how much they don’t like this.

Bodyweight pullups - the 4-7 means I did the first 4(or 3) reps as explosive as possible on a straight bar, attempting to touch my nipples. Then I dropped and got on the parallel(or neutral) grips and knocked out 7(or 8) more, for a total of 11 in each set. The fourth set, I tried two reps, and couldn’t even touch my chest, so I immediately dropped and hit the parallels.

Heavy T - I kind of adapted this from a rehab exercise, YTWLs. Usually these are done face down on a physio ball or low incline bench, using a light dumbbell or plate to work the scap retractors. I took just the T movement(thumbs up, straight arm controlled bent over lateral raise, except on a bench to eliminate body english) and went with a heavier DB. I usually use the 20s, but some bonehead took off with ONE of the 20# DBs, so I started with the 25s, and had to drop to the 15s cause I felt like I was just swinging the weight up.

Lateral Raise - did the first two sets of this thumbs up, but then went back to palm down, and liked that better, so in the future I think I am going to alternate the two positions. I had switched to thumbs up due to a clicking in my left shoulder, but it didn’t bother me today so we’ll see what happens.

26 December 2011

1A. Trap Bar Deadlift - 140 x 10, 230 x 8, 280 x 6, 330 x 6, 230 x 20;
1B. Hassock Box Jump - 35" x 3, 3, 3, 38" x 3;
2A. Cable Twist - 30 x 10, 30 x 10, 40 x 10;
2B. Suitcase KB Deadlift - 105 x 6, 105 x 6, 105 x 6;
3. Front Squat - 135 x 10, 185 x 20;
4. Shrug - 75 x 8, 75 x 10, 75 x 10;
Was going to finish with Leg Press like usual, but got distracted and didn’t. Also didn’t stretch(bad boy).

Trap bar Deadlift - I love these, if you make a point to keep your scaps locked down and back, you get an awesome cramping/burning feel in the lower traps.

Hassock Box Jump - This is a box jump done from a static seated position. Ideally, it would be on a soft, cushy topped stool, but I didn’t have one. This is another one I haven’t done in a while, and I was surprised at how high I was able to jump from seated. Don’t recall doing that well last time.

I mentioned in my last post about ab training. I got real consistent with it while I was down south over the summer, but have kind of dropped that ball since I’ve been back. Before that trip, I have never been real consistent with it. So my solution is to write it into each day’s workout behind the main movement, instead of sticking it in at the end of the day, when it is easier to just forget about it. I am planning to rotate through the different types of core movements and stability holds (think crunches and planks). Hopefully that will keep me more interested longer.

Belated welcome. Looks like an interesting workout program. Do the push pull supersets cause you any shoulder issues?

centurion - on the contrary, I feel like they have helped a lot. I have had shoulder issues in the past, the first time from too much benching relative to rowing, and the second time(in 2010) due to attempting to do an iron cross with bad shoulder positioning and no drop in lifting volume. Both times was able to correct without surgery, through smart rehab and adjusting my routine the first time. Doing the supersets keeps me consistent on volume between the different planes of movement. I have recently felt some odd twinges here and there in the left shoulder, leftovers from last years little deal. It also catches and ‘pops’ in certain positions/movements sometimes. Have recently added external rotation work and more upper back work to try and correct this before it gets worse again.

Haven’t been online as much this week, while I’ve been at my parent’s in FL.

27 December 2011

1A. Meadows Row - 90 x 8, 100 x 8, 115 x 8, 125 x 8, 135 x 6, 145 x 4, 90 x 10;
1B. Bench - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 225 x 6, 245 x 3, 275 x 1, 295 x 1, 225 x 8;
2. Plank Series - 30 sec each position (2:00 total)
3A. Deadstop Row - 75 x 8, 85 x 8, 95 x 8;
3B. 1 Arm Floor Press - 65 x 8, 75 x 8, 85 x 8;
4. External Rotation - 13 x 20, 13 x 20;

This was the last of my pre-travel workouts. If you look back over the last few posts, I went through my normal rotation, then took one day off and did the rotation again on three consecutive days, since I knew I most likely wouldn’t make it to the gym while out of town.

Meadows Row - Usually start these without straps and then add them in as the weight gets heavy, but just wasn’t feeling the grip today. All of these sets were done with straps, which accounts for the heavy weights at the top. While John Meadows does these on a T-Bar machine, I don’t usually have one, so I am doing these with a bar stuck in a landmine-type attachment on our Power Lift racks at work, which allows the collar to rotate in my hand. Thus the straps.

Bench - was planning on going for 315 again, to try and get it with proper form(keeping my butt on the bench this time), but when I got to 295, I just wasn’t feeling it. So I dropped down and repped out at 225.

Plank Series - This series is front plank, R side plank, L side plank, front plank. Thirty seconds in each position, going directly into the next position with no break. This was depressing, since I used to be able to do a full minute in each position. So now I have a goal, of sorts.

External Rotation - Our cable machine(what’s called a Functional Trainer - two arms with cables, adjustable in all kind of directions) has odd sixed weight plates, thus the 13 pounds used for rotations this time.

29 December 2011

Run - 2.25 miles - 18:00 (8:00 pace)

Thought I was running faster than that, but still a decent pace I guess. Will probably do the same run tomorrow(31 Dec), and try to beat that time.

So I started a new logbook today. That’s all, just felt like telling everyone.

03 January 2012

1A. Weighted Pullup - BW x 10, 50 x 10, 75 x 5, 100 x 3, 100 x 3, 100 x 3, 100 x 3;
1B. OH Press - Bar x 10, 95 x 10, 115 x 6, 135 x 3, 135 x 3, 135 x 3, 135 x 3;
2. Ab Mat Crunch - 20, 15, 10;(20# med ball held overhead, and ab mat under lower back)
3A. Pullup - NG - 11, 11, 11, 11;
3B. 1 Arm OH Press - 55 x 8, 60 x 8, 65 x 6, 70 x 4;
4. Lateral Raise - 25 x 8(palms down), 25 x 8(thumbs up), 25 x 8(palms down);

I got back in town late last night, so I kind of felt like that affected my workout. I got some decent numbers, but I felt like poopy. Since I am still on leave, this was done at a commercial gym. They don’t have a straight pullup bar in the entire gym(except in the group training roomm which they won’t let me use even when it’s empty), so I did all my bodyweight pullups neutral grip, instead of the dynamic ones I usually start with.

Nothing special today, but I am kicking around the idea of doing teh 300 workout tomorrow as conditioning work.

04 January 2012

Went to my commercial gym today, and did the 300 workout. Felt like total poopy again, I think I stayed in the hot tub too long before training(besides the fact that this workout really sucks donkey). I have been soaking in the hot tub when I train at the commercial gym, sort of as an experiment. It started on just leg days, as a way to start the warm up process, and lately I have been trying it on other workouts as well. Doing legs tomorrow, so hot tub again, but I am thinking on Saturday (next upper body workout), I will skip the tub.

300 Workout(for time) -

25x BW Pullups
50x Deadlift @ 135#
50x Pushups
50x Box Jumps on 24" box
50x Floor Wipers w/ 135# BB
50x KB Clean & Press w/ 35# KB
25x BW Pullups

Time was 26:14, which isn’t horrible I suppose. Last time I did it was in May, and I was about 5 minutes faster then. I also took about a five minute break this time, at about the 21:00 mark, to deal with my wife and answer my phone(unintentional, but I have been trying to schedule a procedure and finally did).

05 January 2012

1. Squat - 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 275 x 3, 315 x 3, 365 x 3, 405 x 2, 425 x 1;
  2. Plank Series - 0:40 each position (front, left, right, front - 2:40)
  3. Front Squat - 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 275 x 5, 315 x 3, 335 x 1, 225 x 15;
  4. Suitcase DB Deadlift - 100 x 6, 100 x 8, 100 x 8;

Felt pretty good today, only did 5 minutes in the hot tub, which seems to work better than a longer soak. Might try it on bench/row day, just to see.

Probably also helped that I felt pretty rested, and didn’t poke the wife this morning before heading to the gym. Did that yesterday, and I think that may have contributed. Is it sad that I would rather have a good gym session than morning sex? I mean, I’ll get it later anyway.

Did a 5 min soak today, just to try it one more time before abandoning the practice. Seemed to work pretty good, but won’t matter because I can’t do it at work(no tub). Didn’t feel pumped today, or anything like that, but had a great day in the gym.

06 January 2012

1A. Pendlay Row - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 185 x 8, 185 x 8, 205 x 6, 225 x 6, 225 x 6, 185 x 8;
1B. Bench - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 225 x 4, 245 x 3, 275 x 2, 295 x 1, 315 x 1, 325 x 1;
2A. Deadstop Row - 70 x 8, 80 x 8, 90 x 8, 100 x 8;
2B. 1 Arm Floor Press - 55 x 8, 65 x 8, 75 x 8, 85 x 8;
3A. Heavy T - 20 x 8, 20 x 8, 20 x 8;
3B. Cable Cross(Low to High) - 60 x 8, 70 x 8, 70 x 8;
4. External Rotation - 20 x 20, 20 x 20;

Was very happy today. Haven’t put up 325 in a long time, especially while keeping my butt on the bench. A while back, I got 315, but my butt was way off the bench. So, yeah, I’m psyched. And this is an ‘off’ week. Forgot to do any ab movement today, but I did them yesterday. Would have done conditioning today and bench/row tomorrow, but have to get some work done on the church property tomorrow, so wanted to get my gym work done.