Boated Gut

Hey guys, i have been training for approximatley 4 years, im getting bigger now but i find that no matter how much ab work i do or how healthy my diet is, my waist seems to gain inches while my hips lose them, any idea on what could be causing this to happen, and some possible advice to change it?

thanks

You could be sensitive to something your eating. Dairy and gluten are the most common. Experiment with taking these out and see how you react.

provide more information about training and diet besides “training and diet are good”. This would include estimated calories, typical meals, how long you’ve stuck to a particular diet, etc. Sample workouts and training limitations also help. The more information you can provide, the more feedback you can get.

[quote]Forcesguy wrote:
Hey guys, i have been training for approximatley 4 years, im getting bigger now but i find that no matter how much ab work i do or how healthy my diet is, my waist seems to gain inches while my hips lose them, any idea on what could be causing this to happen, and some possible advice to change it?

thanks[/quote]

How much weight have you gained in the last 6 months? How tall are you? How old are you?

well i my meals consist of
eggs, orange juice and sometimes toast for breakfast
usually either chicken, fish or a sandwhich for lunch,
and steak, fish, chicken, or pasta for supper with milk
and after i work out i usually drink one 22grams protein shake

i do
monday- chest and back
tuesday- shoulders and triceps
wednesday-biceps and legs
thursday- cardio
friday- max effort on all till failure

in the last 6 months ive gained approximatley 30lbs i currently weigh 215lbs and im 5 foot 11 and 22 years old
does this help?
thanks

30lbs in six months is a lot of weight and unless you have really good genetics for this, expect at least some fat gain so an increased waist isn’t a surprise. Just make sure it isn’t getting too out of hand. Your waist size can increase just from eating more food. I know if I start gaining and increasing my food intake and eating more red meat, my waist size will go up a little without the reason directly being just fat gain.

thanks i guess i should cut down on my food intake a bit then? would that help? its not getting out of hand, but my hip size is going down and waist goes up but ive plateaued and have not gained any more size however nor is it decreasing

[quote]Forcesguy wrote:
thanks i guess i should cut down on my food intake a bit then? would that help? its not getting out of hand, but my hip size is going down and waist goes up but ive plateaued and have not gained any more size however nor is it decreasing[/quote]

There is really no reason to keep mentioning your hip size since we have no previous measurements or before pics to go by. If you aren’t gaining any more size, then you aren’t eating enough or training hard enough, one of the two. If your waist is getting too big, you cut back on your food intake. What you DON’T do is panic just because your waist goes up a little and start dieting when it is just because4 your digestive tract is carrying way more food than usual.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Forcesguy wrote:
thanks i guess i should cut down on my food intake a bit then? would that help? its not getting out of hand, but my hip size is going down and waist goes up but ive plateaued and have not gained any more size however nor is it decreasing[/quote]

There is really no reason to keep mentioning your hip size since we have no previous measurements or before pics to go by. If you aren’t gaining any more size, then you aren’t eating enough or training hard enough, one of the two. If your waist is getting too big, you cut back on your food intake. What you DON’T do is panic just because your waist goes up a little and start dieting when it is just because4 your digestive tract is carrying way more food than usual.[/quote]

how much weight should one add per week or month?can you answer the PM i sent you?(i suspect you get hundreds of these so you probably didnt notice lol)