Boardgame Geeks

I used yo play “red storm rising”, “talisman” and “dungeon” that was 10 years ago.

what are all those games you spoke about Jason? I never heard of them…

S-man

S-man - The games I mentioned are a newer variety that have become more popular in the states for the last few years. It’s a class of gaming that comes from Germany - most often involving building and trade. It’s not an exact or even a very good analogy, but it’s somewhat like mixing Risk with Monopoly - there are definitely elements of chance, but good planning and strategy beats luck 99% of the time.

Come on guys, I can’t be the only one who likes these games?

Ren, Gotta know where you got your “shot” chess game! Sounds too fun!

Scattagories, Sorry, Aggravation, all great board games.

We play Yahtzee, but like 5 games at one time.

I have kids, so CandyLand and Crazy Dominoes are poplar too.

There’s this one game, I can’t remember the name, we use to play at parties. You ask a person a question(personal, have you done this, would you do that, type stuff) and then everyone says whether or not the person asked will answer: Yes, No or It Depends. We cracked up every time. You either laugh at the person for answering that way or you laugh at the people who said the person would answer differently.

Jason,

I’m 100% dork, so I like board games too. I need to check the ones that you’ve laid down out.

What my gaming group has been playing lately on the boardgame tip:

Marvel HeroClix–a bunch of fun. Not exactly a “boardgame”… but not a “wargame” either.
LOTR Risk–I have yet to lose. The people I’m playing against didn’t know that I spent most of my childhood playing traditional risk against my computer, over and over again.
LOTR Board Game–we finally beat it with the expansion pack. We’ve only gotten the “Military Victory” however.

I’m going to check out the ones you reccomend. We’ve been talking about getting Axis and Allies to play, but we hear that Germany pretty much wins 100% of the time.

Dan

We play monopoly regularly.

Cards = Euka

Jolly White Giant stole my one of my favorite board games E5 You sunk my BattleShip. Also Connect 4 was on top of my list.

Dan - Nice to hear I’m not alone. Based on what you mentioned in your post, I’m confidant taht you’d like any of the strategic games I mentioned.

All - Card games just don’t do it for me. I don’t know what it is, but for someone who loves games as much as I do, I can’t seem to figure it out.

hey fitone, the one thing about battle ship was that i was never too good at it but i loved it, and connect 4 i bet i pretty much could beat most people cause i know all the little tricks to winning quick.

Ya know, Jolly talks alot of smack. Since I work with him, I think I’m going to have to challenge him to a game of Connect 4 and see just how quick he really is. If he accepts, we’ll let you all know just how good he actually is.(Ya know I love ya Jolly!)

ok punkin your on!!! i’ll show you just how good i am…yeah watch now since i ran my mouth i’m going to get spanked hahaha it happends
BRING IT ON!!

No.

LOVE Cranium! I also enjoy many others but I especially like the classic, ‘Monopoly’. I love buying things and owning people! I’m always the car. I also have a thing for Blackjack. Every time we go to Vegas my husband has to pry me off the tables.