BO Loss = Riots

[quote]Sloth wrote:

Um, look around the forum. I’m anti-income tax…[/quote]

Wait…and you thought McCain was going to eliminate federal income tax?

There is no font that allows me to write, “LOL” big enough to convey how fucking laughable this mindset is. I don’t hear anyone talking about how they hated McCain’s ideology based on the simple fact that he was planning on taxing anyone at all.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Again, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU CALL WHAT THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW TO MY PAYCHECKS?

Answer the damn question.

Where the fuck is all of my money going right now?

Why the fuck are you not protesting that at all?

I think it’s the same thing that happens to my pay, except that I seem to end up keeping less than you do… guessing based on country anyway.

Somehow, strangely, I don’t mind progressive taxation, nor am I inclined to sit on my ass instead of increasing my income and following strategies to reduce my taxes.

Hey, isn’t that going against ideology? Instead of taxes sending me immediately into a lazy entitlement mindset I’m driven to expand my income further to make up for those taxes.

I’m starting to think ideology is whacked just as much as the much maligned ivory tower thinking.[/quote]

I bet you could spend that tax money a hell of alot more effectively than the government can. Saving for your own education, healthcare, whatever. Those are just examples, and not an exhaustive list of what a free man could do with his money.

Maybe saving to start a business. You might be able to hire an employee or two. Buy equipment, tools, heck, whatever you need.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Um, look around the forum. I’m anti-income tax…

There is no font that allows me to write, “LOL” big enough to convey how fucking laughable this mindset is. I don’t hear anyone talking about how they hated McCain’s ideology based on the simple fact that he was planning on taxing anyone at all.[/quote]

I didn’t vote for McCain…

Sloth wrote:

There is no font that allows me to write, “LOL” big enough to convey how fucking laughable this mindset is. I don’t hear anyone talking about how they hated McCain’s ideology based on the simple fact that he was planning on taxing anyone at all.[/quote]

Though increasing taxes even more and redistributing it as a credit, is certainely worse than Obama’s plan.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

There is no font that allows me to write, “LOL” big enough to convey how fucking laughable this mindset is. I don’t hear anyone talking about how they hated McCain’s ideology based on the simple fact that he was planning on taxing anyone at all.

I didn’t vote for McCain…[/quote]

Great…unless you voted for Obama you basically wasted a vote to “make a statement”.

Good thinking.

Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Great…unless you voted for Obama you basically wasted a vote to “make a statement”.

Good thinking.[/quote]

First, I didn’t vote. I exercised my right to show my displeasure with the two Major candidates. And, I’m not entirely comfortable with third party platforms. Though, I’ll think it over the next couple months and decide if I should put my time, money, and effort into either the Libertarian or Constitution party.

Secondly, had I voted for a third party, it wouldn’t have been a wasted vote. I would’ve been an American casting a vote for the Candidate that I’m comfortable with leading this nation.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Good thinking.

First, I didn’t vote. I exercised my right to show my displeasure with the two Major candidates. And, I’m not entirely comfortable with third party platforms. Though, I’ll think it over the next couple months and decide if I should put my time, money, and effort into either the Libertarian or Constitution party.

Secondly, had I voted for a third party, it wouldn’t have been a wasted vote. I would’ve been an American casting a vote for the Candidate that I’m comfortable with leading this nation.[/quote]

But…you didn’t vote.

YOU DID NOT VOTE.

No one who avoids the polls on purpose should even be given a platform to bitch and moan about who gets elected.

Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Good thinking.

Secondly, had I voted for a third party, it wouldn’t have been a wasted vote. I would’ve been an American casting a vote for the Candidate that I’m comfortable with leading this nation.

But…you didn’t vote.

YOU DID NOT VOTE.

No one who avoids the polls on purpose should even be given a platform to bitch and moan about who gets elected.

[/quote]

Why not?

[/quote]

It’s only a “wasted vote” because so many think like this. If more people would make a statement, that statement might get heard.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Good thinking.

But…you didn’t vote.

YOU DID NOT VOTE.

Why not? [/quote]

Because we need to save those platforms for people who are actually proactive.

You aren’t unless you count bitching over the internet from the comfort of your living room as such.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Professor X wrote:

It’s only a “wasted vote” because so many think like this. If more people would make a statement, that statement might get heard.[/quote]

Yeah, and I have little hope of the Republicans getting back to small government principles. It’s a matter of me deciding to take the plunge with the LP or the CP, though. After all, I’d be volunteering my time and money to help get their message out.

Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Sloth wrote:

Good thinking.

But…you didn’t vote.

YOU DID NOT VOTE.

Why not?

Because we need to save those platforms for people who are actually proactive.

You aren’t unless you count bitching over the internet from the comfort of your living room as such.[/quote]

What platforms? I don’t need a platform reserved for me in order to form opinions and express them. And, by not voting for McCain (I damn sure wasn’t voting for Obama) I do send my own political message. Refraining from voting, can also be a form of political speech.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I don’t need a platform reserved for me in order to form opinions and express them.[/quote]

No, but credibility helps all of those opinions be heard or even tolerated by the people you seem to be trying to express them to.

You didn’t vote.

Great move, homes.

Sloth wrote:
I don’t need a platform reserved for me in order to form opinions and express them.

No, but credibility helps all of those opinions be heard or even tolerated by the people you seem to be trying to express them to.

You didn’t vote.

Great move, homes.[/quote]

Prof X. I’m not here searching for credibility. I’m here to discuss.

And, I’m not sure how not voting discredits a stance on taxation or spreading of the wealth. Economic issues.

Perhaps if I was trying to “get out the vote,” while not voting myself, maybe.

Ok, dude?

Are you a little slow tonight? What the living fuck do you call what they are doing right now to my pay checks?

I would have liked to keep the “fruit of my fucking labor” for the last 10 damn years but unfortunately, federal income tax had different plans.

For once I might have a chance in hell of not paying more in income tax than I paid for college tuition and you all are complaining?

Most of you are NOT rich. Most of you couldn’t buy a car right now without taking out a loan so all of this bitching and moaning about wealth distribution is about as refreshing as a fart cloud in the gym.

No offense, but some of you are completely full of shit on this.
[/quote]

I oppose any system that pits one class against another regardless of my own economic standing.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

. And, by not voting for McCain (I damn sure wasn’t voting for Obama) I do send my own political message. Refraining from voting, can also be a form of political speech.[/quote]

Im sorry I have to jump in here.
your telling everyone here that by you staying mute you made a statement?

how does that make sense?

[quote]Nich wrote:
Sloth wrote:

. And, by not voting for McCain (I damn sure wasn’t voting for Obama) I do send my own political message. Refraining from voting, can also be a form of political speech.

Im sorry I have to jump in here.
your telling everyone here that by you staying mute you made a statement?

how does that make sense?[/quote]

If a party (or parties) wants to regain lost voters–voters it many need in order to regain power–then they’ll need to do some soul searching. Like I said, I seriously doubt the GoP will move firmly and finally to a small government, secure borders, and non-intervensionist platform. But, there’s always hope that they got the message with this election. I’ll probably have to settle into a third party, but I’m not going to do so haphazardly.

It is remaining ugly in here. I can tell you without question that I thought that Obama’s platform is not the answer for our great country, but the majority voted and said differently. Win graciously and with class. Capitalism, I hope, will not be punished.
X, find a better accountant to shelter legally your hard earned paycheck. Invest for tomorrow.

Hopefully the money that Obama and congress decide to spend invests in the future. I hope the return is greater than the expenditure. Obama is now my president and I will support him, will hold congress accountable via my vote. For now, I pledge my support.
Now maybe we can bring the traffic down in here and back to important topics like TBT and splits as well as blowjobs, breasts, asses, etc.