BMP Lab Panel Ordered by Doctor

My doctor has ordered a BMP lab panel to check my kidney function. He does not know about me using testosterone or any other supplements. I am wondering if using AAS would skew any of the results in a BMP panel, and if I should stop my cycle for a while before going to have my labs drawn. Thanks for the replies.

Test has never affected my CMP. I think orals would show elevated liver values but that’s probably a case by case basis on the amount, duration, and individual response.

The email the nurse sent me said BMP panel. Is that the same a CMP?

No, the BMP doesn’t test for liver function.

Ok. I think BMP mostly is testing for creatinine and such. I didnt think gear would would affect those much. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

I don’t think cycling with AAS’s would effect any of theses. Still I usually plan my cycles when there are no docs and blood test on the horizon. That’s poor planning man.

The BMP includes the following tests:

• Glucose - energy source for the body; a steady supply must be available for use, and a relatively constant level of glucose must be maintained in the blood.
  • Calcium - one of the most important minerals in the body; it is essential for the proper functioning of muscles, nerves, and the heart and is required in blood clotting and in the formation of bones.

Electrolytes

• Sodium - vital to normal body processes, including nerve and muscle function
  • Potassium - vital to cell metabolism and muscle function
  • CO2 (carbon dioxide, bicarbonate) - helps to maintain the body’s acid-base balance (pH)
  • Chloride - helps to regulate the amount of fluid in the body and maintain the acid-base balance

Kidney Tests

• BUN (blood urea nitrogen) - waste product filtered out of the blood by the kidneys; conditions that affect the kidney have the potential to affect the amount of urea in the blood.
  • Creatinine – waste product produced in the muscles; it is filtered out of the blood by the kidneys so blood levels are a good indication of how well the kidneys are working.

I had no idea there would be any tests. It caught me by surprise.

1 Like

Thanks for you guys’ replies. I was stressed out a little and trying to figure out how to postpone the labs when I got the nurse’s email.