T Nation

BMI is Dumbest Thing Ever

Body Mass Index is the dumbest thing ever. Looking at it today, anyone who is 5’11 and 215, is not just overweight, they are obese!!

Obese!!!

[quote]Arnie2 wrote:
Body Mass Index is the dumbest thing ever. Looking at it today, anyone who is 5’11 and 215, is not just overweight, they are obese!! Obese!![/quote]

ya I was obese when I was fit
now i am morbidly obese
morbidly obese and yet I can run flat out for half mile without being dead
ya I think thats a little flawed

I’m borderline obese, one day I’ll make it there.

It’s useful for people who don’t exercise, beyond that it’s worthless.

5’8 188 lbs and I’m overweight, in fact I think I was overweight back when I weighed 167 too

I hope to be morbidly obese one day.

It’s really funny when some out of shape asshole shoves it in your face like it means something or justifies his own inadequacy.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
It’s really funny when some out of shape asshole shoves it in your face like it means something or justifies his own inadequacy.[/quote]

Has that ever happened to you or anyone you know?

[quote]joburnet wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:
It’s really funny when some out of shape asshole shoves it in your face like it means something or justifies his own inadequacy.

Has that ever happened to you or anyone you know?[/quote]

Gym class last year, not to me but to my friend who’s a heavyweight boxer.

people should be more concerned about BF% rather than BMI

I used one for 15 year olds and it said I was obese. I used the one for adults, and it said I was overweight. But, I use BMI so I can set a goal for myself to really screw it up.

I’m overweight and hope to one day be obese lol

BMI is useful for comparing yourself to other people who lift.

If a guy’s like 5’4" and 160lbs it’s useful for getting an idea of what he looks like.

Its funny because my doctor would use a BMI scale when I was FFB and now I’m back to the obese range. Someday I hope to be morbidly obese.

damn it, I wanna be morbidly obese