Bmbrady77 Lab Results

I’m a little nervous but excited at the same time. I have felt like I had room for improvement, but I’m still wary of “overdoing” it. Honestly I haven’t felt that bad lately. I haven’t felt great, but compared to where I started I’d say it’s 100% improvement. We’ll see where this all lands in 6 short weeks!

1 Like

He said we’re not going to worry about BG right now. It’s a tad high but not alarming, and it’s relatively unchanged from blood test to blood test. It averaged just over 100 when I was eating plenty of carbs, and it averages right about there with my current HFLC diet. So in a nutshell, my body is regulating it, it just regulates it to a level that’s a little higher than normal. The doc is thinking that once we get Free T where we want it, we’ll see where the rest of the chips fall after that is stable.

As far as sups, he did tell me to start taking 25mg DHEA every night. Got some today and starting now.

On my first consult with Dr Calkins he put me on DHEA D3 Fishoil and CoQ10.
I did not tolerate the DHEA at all. After a week I just stopped takling it. All the other supplement made my next CBC and lipids look wonderful I was so happy. That was over 3 years ago. I have continued to take those supplements, increased my exersize, thanks to TRT, and improved my diet. When I started all my lipids were in the red and they are now all in the green. These guys really know what they are doing.

Was your DHEA super low when you started? When you say you didn’t tolerate it, what kind of issues did it bring on?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that one. I already take CoQ10, Vit D, and Fish Oil, but he told me to up the D to 5000iu a day, and to up my Oil to 4000mg/Day.

1 Like

Here’s a snap of my first DHEA bloods for defy.

Defy1stblood

I was using DHEA from PURE I forget the dose . But it made me feel queezy and just off. I tried it in the morning and at bedtime neither worked. At my age I just don’t think a high DHEA is important. DHEA is a building block of T but I’m injecting T so why do I need this? Anyway I stopped taking it and told them so. They seemed to be OK with it.

Gotcha. The only one I could find was Douglass Laboratories Micronized at a little local Vit shop in town. We’ll see how it goes. According to him, getting that number a little higher is supposed to help sleep as well. I sleep way better now than I did before TRT, but it only takes waking up in the middle of the night one time to start a cycle that’ll last for about a week until I can get it back to good. I have been taking two Benadryl every night to help with sleep, so since I’m starting the DHEA I’m going to drop that. I would much rather give this a go and not have to take antihistamines every night. That could bring on its own set of problems in due time.

1 Like

That sounds like a good quality brand. Some folks really like DHEA so don’t let my problems with it give you pause.
I am really looking forward to reading about your progress. I feel you are on the right path things are really going to start coming together for you. Keep knocking that nicotine % down you would need that shit once your hormones are tuned back up. It’s time to get the old you back.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement brother! I’ll keep you guys updated for sure! Hopefully this “turning one screw at a time” approach will pay off and I can avoid some of the hardships I read about some guys having.

2 Likes

@systemlord do you have any thoughts on this? I would like to hear them if you could spare a moment.

Sounds reasonable, that’s what I would do to get E2 higher, larger frequent injections should do the trick.

Crushcity had the same problem, he’s doing 50mg EOD, he had chronic low E2 that would never stay elevated for very long. Now he’s doing fine.

1 Like

My wife was goofing around with the iPhone camera after our workout today. She snapped this pic and I added some effects. It captures my entire attitude toward my life right now. I see every day as a new stepping stone to something better…in other words…”Another brick in the wall”

4 Likes

@physioLojik

Hey brother I have a question that maybe you could shed some light on.

I have been having weird pains in my chest in the center of the breastplate toward the bottom of the rib cage, and on the left side just below the collar bone. These are sharp pains that don’t last very long, and I was having them sporadically before my doc changed my protocol to 150mg Tes Cyp (50mg X3) last week. I just seem to be noticing them a lot more often now, especially in the morning after waking. I’m just wondering if this should be a cause for concern, or can this be attributed to my body adjusting to the new protocol?

They don’t really feel like “heart” type issues, but then again how would I know lol? It could be that some stabilization anxiety may be amplifying this as well?

I would appreciate your thoughts.

I experience weird pains in the same exact location (left side) you are mentioning, trust it will not occur after your body has a chance to adapt to the newer dosage.

1 Like

Thank man! I was leaning that way, but I guess you can never be too cautious when it comes to chest pains.

It’s definitely dose dependent, I feel it more the higher the dosage.

That’s good to know. I had sent the question to defy as well earlier today but I haven’t heard back from them. That’s why I thought I’d post it up here.

Thanks again SL!

I had (5 weeks in) high T levels (1280 total and 27.5 free t)… I thought my e2 levels were probably sky high. Nope it was 27… 3 points above my pre trt e2 level. Don’t jump to conclusions get lab work done.

I spoke to A gentlemen and he said e2 is not always the reason for some side effects. He broke it down with some other science talk but it made sense.

I had the same issues and it is not Heart . It’s the muscle for me. I would massage it and stretch and it would go away. Scary if you don’t know …

Yeah that’s exactly what it feels like. It doesn’t feel “deep” enough to me to be the heart if that makes sense? Feels more like muscle tissue.

2 Likes